1,261 results
All reviewstimes squaresofa bedcauseway bayset breakfastlane crawfordgreat locationsharp streetfree breakfastmtr stationsquare mallhysan placebudget hotelhotel is locatedsame buildingnoodlesreasonable sizeshopping area
Reviewed October 24, 2007

I've stayed here a few times now...Usually when other HK hotels are priced high for 'trade fair season', which was the case when I was just there...This trip I was there for 3 nights.

The room is small...But no smaller than other Hong Kong hotels I've stayed at including the Excelsior, the Renaissance Harbor View, the Renaissance Kowloon, Sheraton Kowloon, Grand Hyatt, etc. I've stayed at dozens of hotels in HK...This place is surely the lowest scale of service of them all, BUT:

Rooms are clean.

Bed is comfortable and lots of pillows.

Location is GREAT, being right next to Times Square and a Causeway Bay MTR stop.

Free internet access (runs USD$15-$20 a day at the other properties mentioned above).

Free breakfast (okay, the breakfast is pretty weak--tastes okay, but small portions--I usually end up getting a Egg McMuffin from McD's across Times Square).

You get what you pay for here...It is an 'Express' afterall, but I consider this to be one of the better values in HKG. You don't have a concierge, nor a fancy restaurant in the hotel (the hotel restaurant isn't great, but in 5 minutes, you're at the Food Court at Times Square with a dozen places to choose from). There's also a Pizza Hut in the hotel (accessible by separate elevators)--hotel guests get a 10% discount if they show their room key...Nice if you're traveling solo and don't want to 'go out' after working a full day as I often do--I just grab a pie and go up to the room!

I'll stay here again, I'm sure, as long as it stays clean and comfortable!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank MichWorldTraveler
Reviewed October 7, 2007

What can I say that hasnt already been said before.

The hotels location is smack bang in the middle of the action on Hong Kong Island. The Times Sqaure shopping mall is spitting distance from the hotel entrance. For all those designer shoppers out there it is paradise for you. Theres plenty of resturants and bars within walking distance. In terms of getting to other parts of Hongkong there is a MTR entrance, and yes it is a bit of a walk underground to the platform but its not that bad and its cool down there. You can get from the hotel to Tsim Sha Tsui in about 20 mins using the MTR.

We arrived at the hotel really early and didnt expect to be able to check straight in, but the front desk were overly helpful and managed to get a room cleaned straight away so we could get some much needed sleep. We had a doulbe room with sofa bed, it was more than big enough for us - lack of wardrobe/ shelf space but we managed. It was clean, tidy and peaceful. But who ever spends too much time in their room when in Hong Kong.

Breakfast is not that nice if you go for the english option - theres a Starbucks on every corner so you can get a caffine fix there.

All in all 9/10 you get what you pay for and a little more.

Rachael UK

7  Thank RachaelD
Reviewed September 14, 2007

i stay in this hotel fro 3 night. We can not sleep .The room is too small, the fire alarm often scared us. The hall to the room often smell, after we take shower the water ofter f loaded, maybe the price is cheap, but we recommended you not to stay here, it's not worth it. And the last but not list, the breakfast is not very good

2  Thank dorayon
Reviewed September 3, 2007

Me and my girlfriend stayed at express by holiday inn from Aug 31 to Sept 3. The hotel was small but just right for us.
The location is perfect because it's right in front of Times Square and there is an MTR station at Times Square too. Though this hotel is located at north side of HK it's not hard to go to places because there's a bus stop near the hotel and a shuttle stop in front of the hotel and MTR station is just few steps
from hotel entrance. I love the hotel interior because it is modern and clean. I will definitely stay at holiday inn express when I go back to Hong Kong.

6  Thank van023
Reviewed August 20, 2007

Small and noisy rooms, unfriendly staff but with a great location.
This hotel was not purpose built but adapted into an old office building. My stay there was very uncomfortable and was made unforgettable by being woken at 1 am by the fire alarm. Calling reception was useless as no-one answered so I ran down 27 flights of stairs only to be told that it was a false alarm. I did however smell smoke on the 7th floor. I checked out in disgust.and will never stay there again!

Stayed: August 2007