“Great place, I highly recommend”
Review of Lanson Place Hotel

Lanson Place Hotel
Ranked #20 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Chicago
“Great place, I highly recommend”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

First time staying at this hotel...i generally like trendy hotels on the hong kong side. Overall, this place is great. The room was very nice, mine was spacious and had some nice touches to make my stay more comfortable....it was probably one of the most comfortable rooms i have stayed in HKG. Service was great, staff was all very nice and halpful. Did not try the food so i cannot comment. Gym was small and had about 8 pieces of equipment (not enough for me) but everything was new and gym was clean and comfortable. I have stayed at most of the high end, trendy hotels in HKG and this is probably the one that i will return to. Great price, great room, great service....

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank jbreeden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed October 23, 2010

we stayed at lanson location for 2 days and loved it. Our room on the 26th floor was like an Oasis of serene overhead the hectic city. Astonishing outlook from our room(which was upgraded So we had a little suite), very good staff, actually large morning meal (as free continental breakfasts go). free enterprise center with PCs accessible for use anytime. pleasant lounge; actually admired the up to date decor all through the hotel. the bathing room, as other ones have cited, is a little odd and needs privacy - very pleasant in conceive notion but rather impractical. Allotments of thoughtful feels, for example the in room storage disc players and free library of DVD . I'd decisively stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2010

We stayed in Lanson Place for one night in order to break our journey back to the UK from Sydney.
The service was very impressive from when we arrived to when we left: all the staff we dealt with spoke good English and were friendly and helpful. Despite checking out fairly early (6.30) there were staff who were available to help us with our luggage. We needed to amend our booking (as our plans had changed) and the hotel did not charge us for this (even though technically their policy was to charge for changes after a certain date).
Our room was reasonable in size and had a distinctly luxurious feel. For example, the shower was one of the best I've used in any hotel I've stayed in.
We needed to use the Internet whilst we there and were informed that there was free wifi in the main lounge area; when we explained we didn't have a laptop with us, we were shown the business centre, which had some very decent PCs (with huge monitors!) which were available for our use. We didn't have a chance to use the gym.
One thing which I hadn't fully appreciated when booking is that this hotel is fairly inland so you don't get any views of the harbour (or at least we didn't from the seventh floor) as it is surrounded by a number of other tall buildings. However, it's in a great location for going to the shops and restaurants in Causeway Bay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tom_Kennedy_UK
Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed October 19, 2010

We were staying here for 3 nights. The location is excellent. MRT station (causeway bay exit F is the nearest one ) just 10 minutes walk, 7-11 just accross the street. Shopping and dining around the hotel.It's only about 40 HKD by taxi to reach Hongkong station ( for airport express).Really enjoy the room facilities - the kitchen.They have launderette,very helping if u travelling with kids , who change clothes all the time, and hungry anytime...Excellent quality of bathroom amenities. Definitely will comeback again...

Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank bendol
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed October 16, 2010

We are a family with 2 young kids (5 and 2). Stayed at Lanson's Grand Deluxe Room 2006 for nights in Oct 2010.

We usually stay at nearby Excelsior Hotel. What a difference! Lanson place is so quiet, serene, clean, bright and manned by gracious staff.

Why do I like Lanson so much?
1. The staff is wonderful. They are kind and tend to your every need. The concierge people never failed to lift us help our stroller down the 2 steps from lobby to sidewalk. I called for a plug adapter, and it was delivered within 5 minutes. I was in the laundry room and haven't bought the laundry detergent. 1 call, and somebody came within 1 minute.

2. The rooms are so well designed. Each room comes with a kitchenette (microwave, stove, sink, fridge, plates and cutlery). Fridge is left empty. How nice! you can actually buy stuff you actually need and store it at the fridge. There are tons of storage space. Drawers everywhere. I counted at least 6 sets of drawers located throughout the room. 3 trashcans (1 under the sink, 1 in bathroom, 1 in room). Lots of big fluffy towels. Amenities replaced generously. Comfy mattresses and pillows. TV that swivels from living room to bed area. They do want you to feel at home. There is a lot of mirrors and glasses so you might feel disoriented a bit when you first arrive, but it does help to make the room feel bigger.

3. Location is wonderful. We have always stayed in Causeway Bay area. Lanson is 5 minutes walk to Sogo and MTR stop. 7-11 is right around the corner. There is a market where you can buy fruits also right around the corner (we bought a box of strawberries and 3 big guavas for hk$40).

4. Reasonably price breakfast. My room didnt come with breakfast. I went down one time with my son. Breakfast included breads, pastries, yogurt, drinks, cold cuts, cheese, hot items (bacon, eggs). son was charged 1/2 price.

5. An actual functioning launderette! hk$20 for washing, $35 for drying, $15 for detergent. But the machines are actually large and lets you do a generous load. Next to the launderette was a gym. i didnt use it, but I could see there were treadmills and weight machines.

6. The overall feel of Lanson is that of serenity. I dont know how they do it since they were fully booked the days we were there. It is a nice place to come back to after a day of out and about in hectic Hong Kong.

My only wish: connecting rooms. This would have been perfect of my family with 2 young kids.

Phew, I think that about sums it up. Absolutely recommended.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank pigletthepug
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed October 12, 2010

When you are looking for a great hotel in HK, I can surely recommend Lanson Place hotel on HK island.
I stayed there with my boyfriend and parents in October 2010 and had a look first on Tripadvisor to see what the comments said.
Well, none of them is a lie: everything at this hotel is perfect. The staff is always extremely friendly and helpful (24/7), the housekeeping service definitely does a better job than the average housekeeping service, the beds are exactly soft enough to have a great night rest, the walls are well isolated to keep out the noisy traffic sounds, the breakfast is excellent and fresh and healthy, the location is great.

If you do want to know 2 small cons... I would say (like most of the other reviews said) that it would be better to have breakfast in normal seats instead of the very low sofa seats and I also want to say that - although I tried it every time - it is just impossible to close your room door from the outside without making any noise. It certainly is a way of some sort of security but I feel kind of embarrassed when making such a loud "bang" noise for the people in the neighbour rooms (and I often heard other doors bang at night too of course.)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Ann S
Athens, Greece
Reviewed September 12, 2010

A relaxing hotel with friendly and helpful staff. The room was spacious and bright with very nice view, we stayed on the 21st floor. It's situated in the center of Causway Bay close to many good restaurants and shopping malls. The Time Square is less then a 10 min walk, there you can find anything you want for shopping, from Zara to Balenciaga.
I loved the breakfast, it was a real Western Breakfast with nice breads, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit and variety of cereals. The beds were great, a big selection of pillows is available, just chose the kind you like and housekeeping will bring it. Many DVDs, including children DVDs, to choose from for free and also a library where you can borrow books both for children and adults. Free Wi-Fi connection in the whole hotel. I would have appreciated a better mini/snack-bar in the room and a more complete room-service menu.
I definitely recommend The Lanson Place for a long weekend stay or more, with family and for sure in business. It's very relaxing atmospheric hotel with the feeling of home!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family