“Lovely boutique hotel in the heart of Hong Kong's shopping mile”
Review of Lanson Place Hotel

Lanson Place Hotel
Ranked #23 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

If you want a place that's can turn into an oasis of quiet and peacenik the middle of all the hustle bustle, ample amenities in room and a pleasant helpful staff this is where you need to be. Also the little kitchenette comes handy with HK's unpredictable weather!
The free cell phone that you can use around town and make free phone calls within Hong Kong, to china and some other countries ... Is just wicked good!
I have been here a few times and will keep returning as they never cease to amaze with some simple but brilliant new idea / detail that makes my stay exciting and relaxed at the same time.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Satwik1408
Write a ReviewReviews (1,526)

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Hotel is located in a good location, many shops, boutiques, eateries next to hotel and 5 minutes to SOGO and MTR. Room is superb and comfortable. Our family booked 4 rooms for 4 nights. Our flight arrived early morning, although we request for early check-in, front office staff were not able to accord even 1 room early check-in and showed little effort in trying with no apologies extended (not friendly). However, concierge staff at the entrance were prompt in passing and collecting back umbrellas to us whenever we pass through (it rained every day of our 4 days there). Overall, it is still a good choice based on the comfort and location if budget is not the issue.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank WCWY
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The location is great if you want something in the more upscale area of Causeway Bay. Hotel is within walking distance of Times Square, Sogo, Hysan Place and there are many little cafés and small eateries all around. For a business hotel it seems comfortable and functional, and I actually really like the decor of the rooms.

Unfortunately, for a family trip with a 3.5yo toddler in tow, I found the rooms rather unfriendly. There was a large pillar in the middle of our room, tight corners and furniture with mirrored and sharp edges. I had to watch my child closely. The room also felt cramped once our large Samsonite was open on the floor. Having said that, the kitchenette was useful although I would have preferred an airpot to having to boil my own water in a kettle.

Nice touch with complimentary snacks and beverages and DVD player in the room, and I found the complimentary smartphone (with free local and international calls) immensely useful. Staff were also extremely polite and prompt, although I got the impression that they were a lot more used to serving business travellers. Would I return? Maybe if I was traveling without my child.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My Fiance and I arrived to Lanson Place at 10:30am and the plan was to check in, drop off our bags and explore the Causeway Bay area. After checking in, which was a super quick process, we were given a complementary and convenient area map and we sat down to map out our exploration for food. We wanted to get some advice so I walked back to the check in desk and asked Michael for some guidance and he gave us some great tips for an eventual awesome local food spot. While we were discussing the suggestion, the receptionist came over to us to let us know our room was ready and if we wanted we could check into our room then -we were happy to do so and did.

The room was a gorgeous corner room with an awesome view of the city. The pics on tripadvisor do not do the rooms justice -they are Gorgeous, a great use of space -top to bottom luxury.

We left to have lunch and do some shopping and sight seeing and upon our arrival back to our room we found a bottle of Italian Red Wine and a hand written birthday card for my fiance's birthday. Wishing her a happy birthday and hoping we enjoy our first stay at Lanson Place -we were blown away! I instantly posted on Facebook and Instagram.

The excellent service didn't stop there, the concierge counter hailed taxi's for us when had a trip further than walking distance, when we left the hotel and it was raining they were quick to offer us a Lanson Place branded umbrella -which was awesome!

The amenities were soo dang thoughtful! The mini kitchen gave us the option to bring food back to our room and cook up something for ourselves, this was a a complete mini-kitchen with plates, bowls, utensils, fridge, stove and microwave -although we only used the tea pot, it was great knowing we had that option. The gym wasn't a closet space with a couple of dumbbells and a broken treadmill, it had quality new equipment, ample space and an awesome view to jog and look out the window towards. One of the things my future wife would always comment on it the smell of the lobby as you enter -she said it was the perfect amount of fragrance to make you remember.

Lanson Place Hong Kong, you are the best and we will be back!

Room Tip: Corner Rooms are awesome!!! utilize the motorized shades to ensure you sleep until you want to get u...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alberto G
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Just a brief stay at Lanson Place in Causeway Bay, Hong Kong for a quiet and restful weekend. Excellent location, nice small eating places with good variety just across the street and only steps away from one of the most popular shopping areas in Hong Kong (CWB). The corner suite that I stayed is relatively spacious considering the very expensive land value in the area. It's overlooking the Victoria Park so have touch of greenery that I like. The Reception team is courteous and the Concierge team at the main entrance is helpful. They even have a local mobile phone ready in the suite room (for local calls and google map) so you won't lost your way !! Love this little details and surprise !! I have stayed in LP properties in couple other cities as well and they never disappoint me on the whole. At least so far, LP is still tops of my list whenever I visit those cities again. Thank you again to the management group and staff team for their quality hospitality service !! I'll sure be back !!

Room Tip: Corner suites on high floor facing the Victoria Park are very nice !!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank E H
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I generally always stay at the Lanson Place when on business in HK. Great hotel with great customer service in the heart of Causeway Bay. Fantastic rooms - many with great views across Happy Valley. Stay there!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ian G
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Lanson Place is such a nice break from many of the hotels which are buried in shopping malls and over run with visitors from Mainland. In the heart of Causeway Bay (only two blocks from Sogo and the MTR), this is a fairly quiet oasis.

There are great little restaurants and shops within the immediate area. And of course they are sandwiched between two 7-11s in case you need anything. Good NY style pizza, gourmet burgers, ramen, curry, desserts, funky bakery that serves hot dogs and fried chicken legs like there is no tomorrow, Mexican (meh) and a bar to name a few.

For exercise, they have a small gym with three treadmills, an elliptical and bike. Free weights as well as some machines. Always clean.
While the hotel lacks an official restaurant, they offer a nice breakfast and drink time in the evenings. Complimentary snacks of Doritos, Lays and nuts with your drinks. They also offer a unlimited pour of wines for a set price.
The staff is warm and responsive. In addition, the General Manager is very personable. All staff is attentive to your needs.
The rooms are very nice. Modern, spacious and immaculate.
Definitely worth a try if you are interested.

Room Tip: Be sure to go to the website and print out the hotel name in Chinese. Not every taxi driver is fami...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business