“Pace and quiet in HK”

Ranked #21 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Chicago
“Pace and quiet in HK”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Very convenient and excellent staff. Launderette that saves you to send your running clothes to the dry cleaner. Missing a swimming pool. Excellent and hiper clean gym. Breakfast ok, but a little bit over priced

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank MaPeCa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel is in a great part of Hong Kong and relatively close to Causeway Bay MTR station (about 10 minutes walk). It can be slightly tricky to find by foot given the small entrance and small street on which it is located, but there are no issues if you check a map beforehand (the card containing the room key has a map on the back).

We were upgraded to an executive room, which was classic and stylish. The bed was very comfortable and soft, and the complimentary snacks are a great touch. Coffee-making facilities are a bit more basic compared to the Nespresso machines offered in other Hong Kong hotels we stayed at, and the kettle was a stovetop-only kettle. This suits the classic ambience and décor, but coffee-lovers in need of their next fix may prefer a more modern approach. Also, the wooden bathroom shutters do not completely close (they can't move), so that may leave some guests feeling a bit exposed to their companions in the living room. Otherwise, it was a beautifully laid-out room. Guests may also appreciate the television at the foot of the bed as well as in the living area, and the ipod charger on the bedside table.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jusan J
Frenchs Forest, Australia
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed here a few years ago and enjoyed this hotel howver this time we got a better room and enjoyed it even more. The staff were great and the room very, very comfortable. The bed was soft to our liking and the blackout curtains fantastic. You can't tell if it is day or night.

The hotel is well located and only a short walk to the MTR.

The only problem was the breakfast ! Very basic and the same every day. They should try and vary what is on offer. There is a Pacific Coffee around the corner which is good to have.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank spj709Sydney
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Whenever I come to HK, this is the hotel I use. Like all hotels in Hong Kong, the rooms are should we say cozy. It is very modern and stylishly put together.
I always get a great night's sleep in the very comfortable bed. Depending on the deal you get, the breakfast may or may not be included. I'm not sure if it's worth it, but it's extremely good --- going for quality over quantity.
Service has always been good so I hope they never change that aspect of the hotel's operations.
While it is in a good location in the grand scheme of Hong Kong, it is about 5min walk (10mins with bags) from the nearest MTR - which is fine if it isn't raining. I had to drag my bags in the pouring rain to get to the hotel.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

spend 7 days in this hotel for christmas,great room,friendly hotel staff and housekeeping did a great job,but missed bit of detail,like dusty desk,but overall this place really good coz near the shopping mall,cant't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was probably one of the most pleasant stays I've had in Hong Kong. Perfect location - surrounded by restaurants, cafes, shopping, and just minutes away from Sogo and Times Square. The colonial decor was very tasteful and chic, the room was small but extremely clean, and wifi access was free. The thick automatic curtains even seemed to block out noise from the streets. Other than a couple of nonchalant door staff, everything else about this hotel was impressive. I will book this hotel again in a heart beat.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I had the pleasure to stay at Lanson Place Hong Kong last week for two nights whilst enroute from UK back to Australia. I was very impressed with the hotel, right from the prompt and courteous check in process through to my departure. We were booked into a grand luxe room and got upgraded to a small corner suite, which I loved! I was travelling with my 4 year old son and the small kitchenette was perfect for my picky eater's needs. We had a seperate lounge area and when local friends come over to catch up with us the suite proved so pleasant we felt reluctant to go out!

I loved the way the room was decorated - you could feel the luxe of it all, and the extra large shower was very appreciated as I am a shower lover and did not care about the lack of bathtub. Despite no tub, it was still easy to bathe my young child, as there was a hose type shower head as well as the rainfall one. Also another great idea is the automatic total blackout blinds. We were so jetlagged after our arrival at the hotel but the darkness that we were cocooned in with the blinds down allowed us to sleep beautifully until well into late morning!

The area in general is very convenient and not too busy, compared to other more mainstream areas in HKG. Our outlook was mainly Victoria Park, and as we were on a higher floor, there was lots of open a two minute walking vicinity there were two- 7/11's great for a late night run to grab a local SIM and some milk and yoghurt for my son.

On the last day, my son woke up unwell, and I was panicking, thinking of how we would be homeless for hours that day after checkout as our flight was not until nighttime. I called reception, who were very helpful and without fuss and after consultation with the on duty Manager, extended a later checkout for us till 4pm. I was very grateful for their kind consideration. This allowed us to rest in our room right up till we had to go out to the airport and by this time he was much better, and over the 24 hour bug

We didn't try any food and beverage facilities here so nothing to add about this.

I highly recommend you give this gorgous boutique hotel a try

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family