“Extremely satisfied stay!”

Ranked #22 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“Extremely satisfied stay!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We were at first apprehensive about the distance of the hotel to Causeway Bay MTR station. However, our concerns were unfounded. The hotel's location is excellent! Near enough to walk to Causeway Bay and Times Square, yet away from the crowd.

The service was excellent, from the time we checked in to the time we checked out. The smart looking conceirge was always smiling and ever ready to help without being asked.

We were welcomed by a nice hamper (bottles of water and juice and box of wing wah biscuits) in the room. This was a sweet gesture. Room service was prompt. Room was clean, very chic and well-designed. Free WIFI in the room and entire hotel. Lobby was comfortable. Gym was so inviting.
Coming back to a really great hotel every night made our stay an extremely enjoyable and comfortable one. This hotel should be rated 5 star!
If you're looking for a comfortable stay at a very reasonable price, look no further! We'll definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LChong18

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Summit, NJ, USA
Reviewed December 1, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Lanson Place in Nov. What a surprise! We loved it the moment we entered the front door.

Let me just start from there (the front door)

1) Front door staff. We arrived by taxi. Even before we stepped out of the taxi, two members of the staff rush towards the taxi to help with our luggages. And we had a car load of them. They were quick but careful. That first moment made me realized that we would experience the best service we can ask for.

2) Check in desk. Check in desk is on the second floor. Perfect English. Again, the staff were very professional. She realized that I was holding a 2 year old, so she made the check-in process as painless as it could be. We were then wisked to our room (23rd floor) in less than 2 mins.

3) Room. Though small, it is perfectly sufficient for me and my daughter. We requested a crib for my daughter and even it is in the room, there are still plenty of space to walk around. The view was amazing. We face Hong Kong stadium. During the night, instead of closing all the blinds and made the room dark, we left it up and really enjoyed the amazing view. I have seen the HK harbor enough, this is something different and we really appreciated it. Toiletries were very nice. Plenty of variety (hand soap, face soap, shampoo, bodywash, toothbrush, and a whole lot more). The best is the welcome basket. Two bottles of water and a bunch of other snacks. My daughter couldn't stop eating some of them throughout the stay. And they replenish the bottles of water everyday. So I hardly need to buy any water during my stay in HK. With the temperature always warm (and hot sometimes), having access to drinking water from your hotel is so thoughtful. The only thing I needed to get used to is the light switch. It is pretty cool but it took me some time to figure where to touch the button. Actually, there is no button, just a infrared touch screen. It controls the shades too.

4) Breakfast. While not comparable to some big chain hotel, breakfast at Lanson is plenty enough (but not extravagant). I think this is a business hotel. If I have to rank it, it is much better than your US Holiday Inn (continental breakfast) but it is not quite there as your Intercontinental HK$500 breakfast. You get your eggs made to order. Coffee was actually quite good. Maybe about 10-15 different hot and cold entrees. Good selection of cheese. We stayed at the hotel for 5 days and we went down for breakfast for 3 days. There are so many restaurants in Causeway Bay, I really didn't want to waste my appetite for (good) hotel food. I like my variety.

5) Gym. I actually didn't have time to go but I passed by the gym one day (on the second floor) and it looked pretty good (just enough cardio machines to do what you needed to do). There maybe one person inside working out. So, i doubt that it ever gets crowded.

6) Location. It took me a few mins to orient myself where I was. But once I figured that out, getting to key points (MTR, Times Square, Sogo, Bus, Tram) in Causeway Bay was very easy. I ended up using the MTR and the Tram the most during my stay. MTR takes about 5 mins walk (Tip: there are a lot of snacks you can buy along the way to the MTR station. Don't miss the Tofu store, forgot the name though. Fresh!) The Tram was really a stone throw away behind the hotel. You need to walk up the steps to the bridge.

All in all, I am very satisfied with my choice of Lanson. Will stay there again. Can't beat the location and the service is primo!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HohoSummit_NJ_USA
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Lanson Place hotel. The staff were very polite and helpful all round. I had a standard room which was modern and stylish albeit small (but I guess this is HK). The view from my room was quite cool, overlooking the the landscape with no vis a vis. Breakfast was cosy and adequate. It's a shame the hotel doesn't have a restaurant although there is plenty of choice around if want to go out. The hotel does do room service which has a asian and western menu that you view and order from the TV. The rooms and hotel have free wifi.
Great stay, I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to HK.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Matthew H
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Very nice hotel with great rooms with everything you need for a business trip. Breakfast is awesome. My problem with the hotel was the location. I'm very good with directions but I still felt like leaving breadcrumbs every time I went out. Not great if all of your meetings are in Central. Great location if you like mall shopping, good restaurants or heading over to the Hong Kong 7's.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2012

First and foremost I found the bed comfortable and you are able to choose the type of pillow you normally sleep on from the pillow menu. Water pressure in the shower was good. I do not usually take a bath so I did not miss the bathtub in the room. Aircondition was strong which is to my liking. There was a good choice of TV channels and the room size was reasonable. There was a basket of complimentary snacks and the room came with a small kitchenette. Basically all the things that I required was given including complimentary wifi and a small gym.
Causeway bay station is nearby and there is a free shuttle from Central station to Regal hotel which is next door; so transfers from the airport is easy.
It would be easy to recommend this Hotel for your stay on Hong kong island.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Park7
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 20, 2012

While our first impression, finding the hotel didn't go well (we caught the MTR), once inside we felt completely at ease. Lovely room, quite big and the staff are very good. Breakfast in the main dining room is great too, with great choices.

Obviously the location in Causeway Bay is central and once you know which direction to go in, very close to the MTR. I recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank markklaz
London UK
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed for a week and thought the hotel was really pleasant. We were upgraded which might have helped and had a lovely room on 16th floor overlooking the stadium. The room was bright and clean as was the bathroom. Reading other reviews here might be worth saying that our bathroom did not have a see-through door! The room well equipped with a small hob, microwave and kettle so we could make tea, coffee and a snack easily. It also had a DVD player, Cable TV, ipod speakers etc a comfortable bed and an ironing board with iron.

The staff were lovely, friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. We had no problem taking breakfast in the lounge - it gave us a relaxed start to the day. The food was perfectly adequate continental breakfast with decent coffee. The lounge and library area were good to relax in. Should be a good place to meet business colleagues; a meeting room is on offer which was in use for several of the days we were there.

The area is an upmarket part of Causeway Bay, though Leighton Road is a bit of a backwater but its just a step to Lee garden Shopping Mall, the MTR station and a bit further to Times Square. After a hectic day it was a delightful place to return to every evening. It seemed to help the taxi drivers to give them the address of the hotel.

Room Tip: Probably worth paying extra for a bigger room