Lanson Place Hotel
Hotel ICON(Hong Kong)
$267
$196
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$234
$166
Cordis Official
$603
$330
  • Pool
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
$138
$107
$108
$105
$178
$129
  • Restaurant
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
$97
$87
$172
$147
1,547 results
All reviewscauseway baywelcome basketsmall kitchenettesmall luxury hotelgrand luxe roomlee gardenstimes squaremini kitchencomplimentary snacksvictoria parksitting areaconcierge teamgreat boutiquepillow menuserviced apartmenthandy phonelocal eateries
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Spent New Year's Eve in Hong Kong. Lanson Place is in an ideal location for those who like to pop out their front door and have ample choice at their disposal. Plenty of Chinese, Japanese and Korean restaurants all within 20 meters of the entrance. Several Starbucks and other coffee joints, too. We used it as a base to explore all points of the city. The room itself was very nice but not as nice as I was hoping. Our sliding bathroom door was not oiled and I got stuck in the bathroom. We could not get the door to budge. Finally managed to roll it back a bit for me to squish out and had to have them come and fix it. Beds are extremely comfortable. Would consider staying here again if I returned but for the price, I would want to explore my options as I think it's slightly overpriced for what you get and don't get.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2012

The hotel is lovely, tastefully built by the Singaporean owners.
Rooms are nice and large, a luxury here in HK. I stayed in a grand deluxe room with a separate sitting area, giving it extra space.
I am displeased with the bathroom amenities. However, being a SG company, i suggest they use a singaporean brand such as como shambala over an English one.
Check in was easy, staff were polite.
Concierge is always helpful, willing to give suggestions on where to go.
I don't recommend this hotel for first time travelers to HK. However, if you have more than 5 days, then this is fine.

Room Tip: Choose a larger room such as Grande Lux.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank iwishiwasonvacation
Reviewed February 22, 2012

This is easily the best hotel in Hongkong - as long as you do not expect the MarriHiltonHyattRitzWestin melange which always is the same, independent of brand, and always impersonal. I have staid in most major hotels in Hongkong and i always prefer the Lanson.
The Lanson has for a fair price good rooms, a simple but attractive breakfast and many small special features. This starts with having a real lounge and a real library with a good selection of newspapers - do people in other hotels not read anymore? In the room one is welcomed by tasty cookies and free juice as well as a small kitchenette.
The room and bathroom is sparkling clean - the toilet even being a hygienic wall-hanging type.
the concierge in the first floo and the receptionists in the second floor are simply superb. The only gripes ar the location - but then Times Square is only 5 minutes by foot - and the exorbitant high internet rates.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank CKober
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I really want to give 4.5 if the rating was available. It's ALMOST perfect here. We were given one of the renovated rooms, it was very nice with ample storage space for two people - the drawers by the closet were amazing and there was plenty of shelf space. The room colours were lovely (light gray, cream and a bright orange velour headboard for the bed). The small fitness room is great and doesn't usually get crowded. Buffet breakfast is lovely and service is alway very good. Coffee is ok. There is a small "library" and guests are able to sign out books from the reception desk to read in their rooms. Staff is super-accomodating. Business center has a PC and a Mac, usually available.

Nice shower, toilet space was a little cramped, but then again, it's a small HK hotel room, so it's to be expected. Soap, shower gel and shampoo is provided. Bring conditioner if you're used to using it. The toothbrushes, cotton buds and cotton pads come in adorable boxes.

One annoyance was that our sliding closet door was always stuck and it always took so much effort to open or close the door. Also, it can be difficult to get a taxi from the hotel, but it's not a big deal because the location is so central. You'll need to get familiar with the area to find your way back after a walk!

Other than the minor little things I mentioned, I love this hotel. I would give a rating of 5 otherwise!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2012

A top-notch urban oasis. My room was modern, bright and boasted one of the most comfortable beds I can recall in a hotel. Breakfast each morning in the art-filled lobby was a delight. Best of all were the attentive staff - they truly paid attention to every detail and took care of any and all concerns I had during my five-night stay. I would love to stay here again next time I travel to Hong Kong.

Room Tip: The higher floors have the best views! And I had a corner room with floor-to-ceiling glass so it was magical at night.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business