“Feels Like Home in Hong Kong”
Review of Lanson Place Hotel

Lanson Place Hotel
Ranked #23 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I first discovered this gem of a hotel in 2009 when I stayed there on business trip. When I returned to Hong Kong this year in August for pleasure and then October for business, I didn't hesitate to book Lanson Place again. This is why:

Location- Near the shopping and eating action in Causeway Bay but not too close. Quiet and safe surroundings. Just 5 mins walk away from Causeway Bay MTR station. Just 2 mins walk away from great food (think Mak's noodles!) and char chan tengs along Jardine Bazaar.

Service- I always feel extremely welcome when I came within 5 to 10 steps of the hotel with my luggage. The enthusiastic bell boys / concierge literally ran to me to help me with my luggage. They show a tremendous amount of initiative and are more than happy to help me with directions and make meal reservations.

Rooms- Immaculately clean and v spacious (for Hong Kong). I found the bed v comfortable and I love how clean ( no funky smells and no visible mould bits) the toilets were. I stayed in the superior room twice and deluxe room once. Even superior room is spacious. However, the superior rooms come with open concept toilets. If you are uncomfortable, you can try requesting for corner rooms with a better layout (no open concept toilets). Love the beds all 3 times and the little touches- bathroom robes, slippers, disposable toothbrushes and even facial cotton. Security is good too- without a hotel room key card, you won't be permitted to go to the guest room floors. Rooms also come with well- equipped kitchenettes. Can't imagine why you would need to use it given the proximity to good food but nice touch in any case.

Only downside is- while there's a good gym, there is no in- hotel restaurant but a short walk would fix that easily. No pool too but this wasn't an issue for me either.

Overall, great value for money and I wouldn't hesitate to book my next stay at Lanson Place when I visit Hong Kong again!

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank Youngauntysg
Write a ReviewReviews (1,526)

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Hong kong has some of the nicest hotels in the world. Unfortunately, the likes of the Upper House, Mandarin Oriental and Four Seasons cost upwards of $500+ USD/night these days. For a better price, try the Lanson. The rooms are spacious by HK standards with nice natural light. The beds are comfortable. The mini-kitchens are a great feature. The gym is well designed. The staff is great.

But, don't expect perfection - curtains that don't work in each window, decor that is fine but boring, a lobby and breakfast room that lack warmth and personality and a tough location in Causeway Bay. None of these are deal-breakers and HK is easily navigated by subway or taxi. Just know that you are at a 3+ star hotel, not anywhere near a 5-star.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank RailroadCrossing
Reviewed November 1, 2011

All in all our four days at Lanson Place, Hong Kong was fantastic. I cant say enough about the courteous and efficient staff from check-in right through to checking out.
Our room itself was large (it was a superior room booked through Small Luxury Hotels website) It was the little things that made the room extra special: The iPod docking station and charger, the power adaptor already plugged in ready for an Australian or American plug, the amazing shower, the welcome basket of cookies, fruit juice and water and the bottle of red wine and beer that appeared in our room when we got back from a hard of shopping on the first day.
The only thing to watch for and request when booking is a frosted bathroom. Our friends, traveling with us had a completely glass, see through bathroom and toilet. While some couples dont mind that others may not like so you may like to request a frosted bathroom.
We had breakfast in our package which included eggs, bacon, sausage and then a selection of cereal, fruit, bread, croissants and even congee (a traditional Hong Kong breakfast dish).
Location wise, the hotel is located five minute walk to Causeway Bay subway station, ten minutes walk to Times Square Shopping Mall and 30 second walk to the Regal Hotel where you can get the Airport courtesy bus.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have clear see through glass bathroom/toilet so if you are not wanting that reques...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank aj9999
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights and it was a good experience. The room is small, but its modern, new, and clean, with all the amenities you need (theres a small kitchenette).

Great for business travellers as well as leisure. Will visit again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The place touts itself as boutique hotel. However, it is far from being stylish or intimate. The service is also far from satisfactory, not to mention the chaotic reception, which needs a much needed overhaul. The staff has not even greeted me once during my entire 3 days stay. When the staff failed to sell me a room at higher category at more expensive rate, she immediately said my reserved room is not ready at 2pm even though I told her that I needed to attend an important meeting in an hour. The staff is inconsiderate and failed to take into consideration of the needs of the guest. The room is just a room, nothing special, not the chic boutique hotel that you come to expect. The location is poor. It is so packed with foreign maids on Sunday that you find uneasy going out. On the whole, it is just a very average tourist class hotel disguised as an exclusive boutique hotel. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We needed a place in Hong Kong for our one night stay- over between flights .
The Lanson Place was a great choice on Causeway Bay.On the map it looked a little out of the way ,but it was only a few minutes from the MTR.It is in a quite location and the service is outstanding.They offered us a deal to upgrade which included breakfast and a late check-out,which suited us perfectly with our flight-schedule.we stayed for one night but felt like a real mini-vacation.The only thing we did like less was the very cold airconditioner,especially in the public area's .

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2011

This is a lovely hotel. Our room was very stylish with a huge comfortable bed. Lanson Place is not open to the general public & caters only for its guests. Breakfast is served in the lounge and is very good value at around £10. It’s delicious. No other meals are served, but residents & their guests can have drinks in the lounge in the evening. It is very close to the MTR, a one day tourist pass is 55 HK Dollars (approx £5), & near to restaurants & shops. Staff were friendly & helpful. We enjoyed our stay here very much.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple