“Wan Chai Computer Centre”
Review of Wan Chai

$433.14*
Private Food Tour: Hong Kong Island
Ranked #50 of 830 things to do in Hong Kong
Reviewed January 8, 2014

What a place, it's crammed full of vendors with everything you could ask for and more. There's not enough space to turn around with a backpack on but it's worth the squishiness and don't forget to ask for their best price. In Hong Kong you'll notice people charging their mobile phones from handy little battery packs. I bought a middle sized one for about $36 AUD & it will charge my iPhone 3-4 times, they're brilliant little things. http://www.fodors.com/world/asia/china/hong-kong/review-112726.html

There are newer reviews for Wan Chai

Reviewed December 12, 2013

This as close to the real Hong Kong as one can get. Forget the glamour and glitz that defines the Malls full to bursting point with designer outlets, get down and dirty in the street markets. The sights are stunning but not for the squeamish. The smells challenge the senses but the reward is being where ordinary go about their everyday tasks, working and shopping. It's not always pretty and the contrast between "haves" and "have nots" is stark, but to miss this experience would be a sin.

2  Thank Theresa C
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My female friend and I came to Wan Chai to meet friends for dinner not realising it was the red-light district. Had we known we would have chosen more discreet clothing and not stood under a big billboard while we waited for our friend to get in touch to give us directions to our meeting point...

3  Thank Vicky P
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for great bargains, ladies market may not be the best.
I've found prices cheaper in Wan Chai but you'll need to explore.

Price of mid cut men's shoe HKD 399 similar pair at famous shoe market HKD1000

if you're into local food like my family, there's a porridge eatery about 30m from Wan Chai Station exit E3 (near computer centre) that serves more than 20 variety of porridge and "zhu Chang fen" with different fillings HKD13/serving. Porridge HKD18-24/bowl. Generous serving for that price. Ordered the version with pig's blood which I can't find anywhere in Singapore now. Yummy. Try the Sampan version if you're not adventurous. But be prepared to share tables during lunch time.
For afternoon tea, the cafe 3 shops further down serves good egg tarts and milk tea, for HKD 7 & 18.
There's also a toys market within walking distance from the MTR.
Good place to blend in with the locals.

1  Thank HaveMoneyGoTravel
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I came here to check out the nikon camera lense and other assorted electronics. There is a pretty good selection here, by the way don't expect any deals here in fact i found that i'm better off going back to the USA and purchasing my camera equipment back home it would be cheaper for the lenses. Now when it comes to camera bags that would be a different deal i actually got a flip side 400 from aliexpress for far cheaper than in the usa. I ended up picking up a backup usb 3.0 cable for my western digital external hard drive so here is a good location to pickup something like a backup cable for an iPhone or something small like that. Haggling is the norm here so do your research.

2  Thank Hoben01