“Makes for a Great Disney Experience!”

Disney's Hollywood Hotel
Ranked #88 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Mandaluyong, Philippines
“Makes for a Great Disney Experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Though we had city accommodations for our trip, we decided that for our 2 days HK Disney schedule we should get a hotel near the park. We have stayed in Disney Hotel before so we chose Disney Hollywood this time. We were quite happy with the decision.

The Room was nice, we were being offered an upgrade promo, but the difference was just the view, and not really room size, so we opted out. 4 adults in a room, we were looking for the toiletries and we found out that they were inside the Disney cups in the bathroom, which makes for a great souvenir.

The hotel of course has a service to deposit your bags if you arrive before the checkin time and you want to hit the Disney park first. They will also keep your bags for you after you check out for your last day at the park.

It was rainy at HK when we were there, and it was nice that the Hotel will lend you Disney umbrellas to bring to the parks.

We didn't get to go swimming, because it was raining and cold and the kids opted to go to the park instead, but we were able to try out some of the other stuff the hotel offers.

There are scheduled 1 hour free play time, wherein you have 1 hour to play for free at the Hotel Arcade. My youngest enjoyed their coloring corner of course. We also walked around for photos at the garden. Not as fun as the maze in Disney Hotel, but the big Hollywood Hotel sign makes for a nice background. The old cars that the hotel website mentions was a bit of a disappointment, they were colorful and nice, but only total of 3 of them.

The kids of course enjoyed the Buffet breakfast with Mickey. The food was great, we all loved the "Mickey" waffles. You are given a Tag or something which you give to the usher if you like to have your photo (who doesn't) taken with Mickey. Mickey is there almost the whole time, so just take your time and go when the line is short.

Room Tip: As mentioned there are scheduled free play at the Arcade, if you have time to kill. Pool also looks...
3 Thank Arvin S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Jindabyne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

We had a family holiday with Miss 5 and Miss 6, and chose this property because it was close proximity to Disneyland, which made it really easy to get to and from each day. Our girls LOVED seeing Chef Mickey every morning for breakfast (which was an absolute feast). Although expensive, it is best to get breakfast included in your package, as there is nothing else around. We weren't at the hotel much as we left early, and got back late, but we did get to enjoy the pool and walk around the grounds which were lovely. The fast food café was pretty ordinary, we only ate there once. We enjoyed our visit, and found the staff to be lovely and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

The hotel is expensive. I will start off with that. But I felt that I got what I wanted out of it. I wanted a hotel that was near the Disneyland park for our 2-day pass and that was what it was for our family. I had a toddler with me and I wanted the comfort of being able to go back and forth between the park and hotel with ease.

The food on one of the restaurants (bar/restaurant) was a bit bland for my taste when I bought food there for our dinner. The breakfast selection was limited but was better than dinner in terms of taste.

What I loved though about the place is the attention to detail. The place felt like a true extension of the park with the Disney characters everywhere. Also, on our last night I unfortunately had a fever. My husband called the front office and asked for a thermometer. They ended up providing not only the thermometer but also those cooling gels that you put in your forehead to bring your fever down. My husband and I appreciated the value added service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
New Delhi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

My daughter loved her photo session with Mickey every day during breakfast.

The pool was great. It had a gentle slope. My daughter stayed in the shallow area while I could venture to the deeper area.

The hotel is at a close proximity to Disney park.

The check in takes in too much time. This is difficult with a young one running all around the place.

The only dampener was that dinner choice was limited and not great. There was no room service.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is OK, it is rather expensive though considering the standard, we actually got better value at The Langham! The grounds are good as is the pool. The staff are friendly. A highlight was being able to watch the Disneyland fireworks from the room, with the accompanying music on the TV. The breakfast buffet was very comprehensive but again expensive for what it was.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MelbourneAnglo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here overnight and wished we stayed longer. The room was beautifully decorated with Disney details for kids and kids-at-heart. The view was beautiful and we enjoyed walking around the grounds, the jogging path alongside the water, and the gardens of the Disney hotel next door. First class experience in a first class hotel. Nothing to complain about here.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChinieNC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

My 3 years old and I picked the hotel for one night so we can have two-days Disney vacation without going into the city at all. It was easy to drop off the luggage before the 3pm checked in. Around noon time, I found out we cannot check in because the reservation is under my husband's name. So we called Expedia and got an confirmation email showing my name.

Thinking that's the end of the it, we headed to Disneyland. Came back and found out that the confirmation email with my name is not sufficient. Hotel claimed never received any information from Expedia. Then a serial of phone calls followed, regarding name change, confirmation number, wait for order updates at operator, misunderstood the update as new order... Finally, closed to 11pm, we got an room. The only consolation is another front desk member offered an extend check out from 11am to 1pm. Hopefully this first time Disney resort experience will not be the last, but for now I won't come back to this one.

1 Thank Lei L