“A little bubble of happiness”

Disney's Hollywood Hotel
Ranked #91 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We were not sure if we would regret choosing to stay at Hollywood hotel rather than the other hotel option but I can honestly say that we did not regret our choice for one minute.
This was our first Disney experience so I have no comparison in regards to it's Disney quality but for first timers we were incredibly impressed. The service was faultless and the attention to detail and making the trip amazing for children was incredible. My boys did not stop smiling the whole time we were there.
The food was so good that almost a year on (I have been a bit slow with writing the review) they still reference all food rankings against Mickey's buffet. The diner provided good breakfast options.
Unfortunately the pool was under maintenance when we were there but we were able to use the indoor option at the other Disney hotel which was beautiful.
Shuttles to the park made transportation easy to the park.
We were sad to leave when it was time to move on but we will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jacqui W
There are newer reviews for Disney's Hollywood Hotel

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

This was my second time staying in this hotel and it was wonderful both times.

My fiancé and I stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed the great service, spacious room, as well as the delicious food at the Studio Lounge.

We also dined at Chef Mickey for breakfast on our last day before check out. While the place was packed, the staff members were very efficient and attentive - they did a great job accommodating everyone.

The shuttle service, arriving every 10 minutes, offered comfort and convenience.

The only thing that wasn't so great was the fact that our entire floor had kids on a school trip staying there and in the morning, it was literally impossible to sleep in because the noise was ridiculously loud with kids running up and down the hallway, screaming, yelling, giggling, and crying. But hey, it's Disneyland and kids acting their worst is to be expected.

Otherwise, it was a great stay and would definitely come back again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My wife and 3 kids enjoyed our 3 day 2 nights stay here. They accommodated our luggage even before our check-in time, and got them in our room when we checked in after our Disneyland tour. The room is spacious for us, my kids are 8,6 and 3 years old. The room is clean, the bathroom is tidy and complete with toiletries designed in the Disney way. Internet connection is fast, we used 2 iPhones with no connection problems. No noise during the nights we stayed there.

We had our breakfast in one of the diner-themed restaurant in the lobby. Serving is quite small for its price, the meal is just good for a tummy-fix before you head off to Disneyland. Better to avail of the pricey Breakfast Buffet with Disney characters in the other hotel, specially if you have kids.

Shuttle service is superb, no delays experienced, always available on-time.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank docsarsi
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The hotel was good but nothing spectacular. The view was nice since we could see the fireworks from the park at night. The shuttle bus to the park was very convenient and made the stay there worthwhile. I would recommend staying here while visiting Disneyland but then transferring somewhere else while exploring the rest of Hong Kong.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2014

On my final night at the Hollywood Hotel in HK I wrote a 3 page complaint letter to management. I was so so disappointed with my stay there and really wish I had known not to go. A waste of my money and time! The lobby was crazy busy and there is nothing welcoming about the reception area. Line up and wait! Feels like that's all you do in HK! WAIT! the concierge and bell staff were very unfriendly upon arrival, taking all our luggage to storage because we were too early! I had asked for early check in but I got the impression that they didn't even try. The rooms were decent size but very dated and boring. The bathroom was very nice and very spacious. No wardrobe doors which I didn't like as the wardrobe is right in your view when you open the door. What I am disappointed about at Hollywood Hotel is that this is a hotel at Disneyland. The reason I booked to bring my family there was because we wanted to experience a fun, family friendly, place that was Disney! The only staff that smiled and said hello were the cleaning staff! The rest of the hotel staff were very straight faced and rude really. where was the goofy fun kid loving staff!? its Disneyland! where was the Disney magic? Where were the Disney characterS? how hard is it for the characters to visit the hotel, after all shouldn't this be part of the reason you stay at the hotel? If I wanted an ordinary hotel stay I could have booked at the near by Novotel - but I booked at Disney Hollywood Hotel because I wanted the extraordinary! chef Mickey comes out for half an hour at breakfast or lunch and you pay for the photo! Breakfast is not included in the room rate and the Chef Mickey restaurant is very expensive and not worth it. The Lounge for light snacks and drinks was very nice, we enjoyed a drink and the kids watched a movie, I think that was the only memorable moment in the hotel. They dont even have room service!!! On the last day we took a stroll outside, the lawns and gardens are beautiful, the views are stunning over the water and the pool looks fun for the summertime. But really I felt very unappreciated, I stayed at the Shangri La in Kowloon for 4 nights after this and I really wished I had just gone straight there instead of wasting my money and time at Hollywood Hotel. I recommend staying in any other accommodation and just commuting to the park on the days you want. Its really not worth it to stay there.

Room Tip: We had a sea view room on the top floor - no view of anything nice really - just the back part of th...
1  Thank Kik-sta
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is my 2nd stay at Disney's Hollywood hotel. This time we can only stay 1 night as our trip was quite packed. We stayed in the park view room which is great as we can view the fireworks from our room. Check in was a breeze as we arrived in the evening where there were not much people checking in. We were given late check out at 1pm without even having to ask for it. But the lady at the check out counter the next day was rude and don't look friendly. As we came back from the park around 12pm+ and i needed to nurse my baby before leaving so wanted to ask if we can stay on for a little longer. But even before i could state my reason, she just flatly told us that we are left with 10mins more before checkout time. So we checked out and I checked with the Concierge if there are any nursing room in the hotel, the guy referred me to 2 other counter staffs who kindly allow me to use back the room that I had checked out for another 1hr to nurse my baby. Forgotten to take down their names, but i'm very glad for the help they had given me. The guys at the Concierge and the baggage counter are all very helpful. This should be the way how the staffs at a family oriented Disney hotel should be and not like that unfriendly staff at the check out counter.

Room Tip: Get a park view room if you want to view fireworks from the room.
Reviewed January 6, 2014

was staying two nights over the Christmas holidays, i paid close to 22000 rupees per night, arrived at the hotel from Macau where we stayed at the venetian, front desk said that the rooms would be available at 3pm and we should proceed to the park. no welcome drink, no place to freshen up, had to deposit our luggage in the reception area and trot off to the park a shuttle bus ride of appx 10 mins, i know it shouldnt be compared with the Venetian, but cost wise i think it isnt worth it. surely not to be recommended

2  Thank Drdesh