“One night is not enough”

Disney's Hollywood Hotel
Ranked #74 of 727 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is my 2nd stay at Disney's Hollywood hotel. This time we can only stay 1 night as our trip was quite packed. We stayed in the park view room which is great as we can view the fireworks from our room. Check in was a breeze as we arrived in the evening where there were not much people checking in. We were given late check out at 1pm without even having to ask for it. But the lady at the check out counter the next day was rude and don't look friendly. As we came back from the park around 12pm+ and i needed to nurse my baby before leaving so wanted to ask if we can stay on for a little longer. But even before i could state my reason, she just flatly told us that we are left with 10mins more before checkout time. So we checked out and I checked with the Concierge if there are any nursing room in the hotel, the guy referred me to 2 other counter staffs who kindly allow me to use back the room that I had checked out for another 1hr to nurse my baby. Forgotten to take down their names, but i'm very glad for the help they had given me. The guys at the Concierge and the baggage counter are all very helpful. This should be the way how the staffs at a family oriented Disney hotel should be and not like that unfriendly staff at the check out counter.

Room Tip: Get a park view room if you want to view fireworks from the room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,087)

Reviewed January 6, 2014

was staying two nights over the Christmas holidays, i paid close to 22000 rupees per night, arrived at the hotel from Macau where we stayed at the venetian, front desk said that the rooms would be available at 3pm and we should proceed to the park. no welcome drink, no place to freshen up, had to deposit our luggage in the reception area and trot off to the park a shuttle bus ride of appx 10 mins, i know it shouldnt be compared with the Venetian, but cost wise i think it isnt worth it. surely not to be recommended

2  Thank Drdesh
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Overrated and expensive, but would still rate as average since my daughter loved it, of course probably she can appreciate it since she do not the cost of a night's stay. Breakfast is too pricey and less choices of foods. Probably the first and last stay here.

1  Thank princessrosh
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I've stayed in a couple of Disney or Universal Studios themed hotels in recent years. This one blew my mind. The Mickey themed art deco style is everyone, from the mirrors on the walls right through to the toiletries provided in the bathrooms. Someone obviously goes to a great deal of trouble each day to shape the face washers into little origami style animal characters.

Though not overly large, the room was comfy enough for a family of four, and it was clean and tidy. The buffet breakfast, while not featuring the Disney characters like over at the Disneyland Hotel, was spectacular. The kids loved it, and I don't think I've ever seen such a range of food anywhere else before. Watch out about dinner in the same restaurant though - its unbelievably expensive. If we were to return to HK Disneyland again, I would stay here again, and would recommend it to families with children.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Not that I have stayed in many Disney (Paris and Tokyo), but this was probably the least "magical" of the three. I know this Hollywood is not the main Disney hotel, but in Tokyo I didn't stay in the main hotel either (was in Sheraton to be more specific).

The room looked rather old and should probably have gotten a facelift yesteryear. The service from the staff was business-like, which would have been ok if this had been a business hotel. But being a Disney hotel and the first point-of-contact for overseas guests going to Disneyland HK, one would have expected them to be more cheerful and joyous. Maybe they were tired dealing with the big crowds from the holiday season, or maybe I was just plain unlucky the few times I dealt with them. But well, I write what I saw.

1  Thank BusYawbus
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for just one night and although it was busy due to the holiday season, the experience was still pleasant. As any Disney Hotel, expect a lot of kids running around. We tried the character breakfast at the nearby Disneyland Hotel and enjoyed the breakfast food very much.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed only 1 night but the kids really had fun! The rooms were big with signs of Mickey everywhere. We booked 2 rooms and so lucky both connected. Free shuttle to HK Disneyland...Highly recommended !!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family