“As magical as 7 years ago!”

Disney's Hollywood Hotel
Ranked #89 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed here with a friend for one night in Oct 2013. This was my second visit, the previous one being in March 2006.

There's a reason why I didn't give this place 5 stars. Basically, it was the check in and reservation process. I booked a room with 2 tickets. Upon arriving at the hotel at 10am, I understood that it was still too early to check in. The bellhops knew it too and were right there BLOCKING my way into the hotel's main entrance the moment we stepped past them. They took our bags immediately and gave us the bag tags and told us to come back at 3pm. That was pretty rude. We weren't even allowed to go into the lobby! Oh, and the tickets that we bought online with the room apparently didn't show up in their system though it so evidently shows in my reservation confirmation email. Bit of inconvenience there at the park where they had to call the hotel to check and ended up buying new tickets. Upon returning to the hotel at 3pm, check in was smooth and efficient. I asked the front desk lady if I needed to leave a credit card on file and she said no, it's fine. Apparently, this wasn't fine! Because that means I couldn't charge a single thing to the room at all. Why wouldn't they let me leave a card on file?

Alright, enough of the bad stuff. The rest of our stay was just as magical as I remembered it to be 7 years ago. Mickey motifs everywhere, pure Disney magic waiting at every corner. Even in the bathrooms! Loved our room on the 8th floor overlooking the gardens. Asked for extra toiletries. Even took home the Disneyland sugars. Yes, they have Disneyland sugars. Beds were very comfy and the room was very clean.

And everybody read this. There is free wi-fi in the hotel! Yes, there is. And it worked wonderfully. No hiccups or slow connection. Loved the variety of channels on the TV. The grounds were just as spectacular as well. There's a large piano pool and great restaurants/ lounges. Had dinner at the Hollywood and Vine- order the Ramen, it's good! If you need to do any last minute shopping, the Celebrity Gifts shop holds a large collection of merchandise.

There is a free shuttle service that starts from the Park Interchange and then Disneyland Hotel followed by the Hollywood. During peak periods, you could wait up to 3 buses before you get to go on. You get to the park faster than the guests from the other hotel but you may not even get on.

All in all, I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. Great Disney magic. Though I now learn my lesson with their whole check in process.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The hotel itself is good - decent rooms, nice pool area, tidy, etc. However, just beware its a tourist trap when it comes to food or dining. The only options are the hotel restaurants which are really over-priced and quality is ok, but not for what you're paying.

Room Tip: We had a park view room which was good to watch the fireworks with kids at night.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed for two nights during our visit to Hong Kong. The grounds are beautiful. The entire hotel had a great Mickey circa 20's vibe to it. The room was very clean, comfortable and had everything we could need. We were sad that we had to check out and go to our other hotel on Kowloon.
I was disappointed that we did not see a single Character during our visit. Sure, you could see Mickey if you want to pay for the expensive buffet, but I thought there would be character visits outside of what they offer at the restaraunt. Very minor overall. A great choice if you are visiting Disney!

1  Thank Griffamily
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed here with our 18 yr old son who has Down Syndrome for 3 nights to break the flight home from UK. After taking our son on a 16 day tour round Britain and Ireland, 7 nights in London spending time with our eldest daughter who lives there, up and down stairs, in and out of crowded tube trains, buses, hustle and bustle of London streets in general, a 3 day tour through the WW1 Battlefields of France and Paris, this was a great opportunity for us all to relax, chill out and for Ben to have some fun. From the moment we stepped out of our airport transfer car we were treated like royalty. Check in was smooth, reception staff extremely friendly and helpful, wait staff at the restaurants efficiently going about their jobs. Even one of the managers kept finding us and making sure Ben was comfortable and we all right.

Breakfast at Chef Mickey was included in our room rate and Ben enjoyed the buffet and seeing Mickey Mouse was a highlight, even for us his parents who have never been to Disneyland before. The food available from the restaurants were quite nice and we could have something light or something bigger. The food seemed pricey but when you stopped and thought about what seemed to be the high price with the HKD and equated it back to AUD it wasn't that bad.

The room we had was spacious, very clean and beautifully decorated and Ben had so much fun finding as many Mickey Mouse motifs throughout the hotel that he could. He even enjoyed a swim in the pool. We loved the décor of the hotel and the music played was very fitting for the era of décor and we especially enjoyed the rock n roll music played by the pool.

We would recommend this hotel especially for families and would love to go back again one day.

1  Thank Evelyn D
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Instayed for one night, and i wished i stayed more! I love the ambiance, the classic vintage feel of a hollywood in the 20s. The pool was super fun, and it had a shuttle to the disneyland and also has a disney store that opens untill 11 am. If you do not want to eat buffet or expemsive, there's a diner-like resaurant, and cheaper than others. The room was so mickey! I love the ambiance. Love it

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Immaa01
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

We spend two nights here. Reservation process was great. No hassle and friendly person attending to me while I make some amendmenrs to my on-line reservation. Got a room with garden view but it also has the view of the sea . No room service. Choices of Halal food limited. Better go and get it at Disneyland. Cheaper and better quality. But if you have your breakfast at Chef Mickey, you would have the chance to take a photo with him without having to line up that long. We could hear occupant next door scolding the kids and kids crying. Need to improve on that. Efficient service everywhere else.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank WaZeRia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

When planning my daughter's big Disney surprise, I wanted to make sure she had the ultimate experience - and staying at the Disney hotel made it just that. I've been to Disney before, but there's nothing quite like staying at the hotel as well to really immerse yourself in the experience. As an adult, the hotel didn't honestly do much for me - the rooms, the service, the food were all just about ok, but for my 11-year-old, it was a dream come true. Every tiny detail in the hotel had Mickey stamped all over it and my daughter's favourite game was to try and spot as many Disney logos as possible.
The pool's nice - the water slide was a big hit and the changing rooms and shower areas were clean and convenient.
The food's not too bad - the breakfast buffet's filling (you need it to be, to get you through all the walking around the park!) and while the other restaurant's are on the pricier side, the quality and choices are fine.
The lobby and common areas are fun for kids to hang out at, with TVs screening, you guessed it, Disney TV shows and cartoons at all times. The hotel has an old fashioned feel to it, in keeping with the classic Hollywood theme and if that's not what you're looking for, the Disneyland Hotel next door is a good option as well.
The key thing of course, if the shuttle service to the Disneyland park, which is regular and efficient - there's one running every 15 minutes at least. And as bonus, you can even stay late at the park, after everyone else has left to catch the train out of Lantau - it's lovely seeing the park after most of the guests are gone - makes you feel like you have the place all to yourself for a bit!

Room Tip: Friendly Disney staff (different from the regular housekeeping staff) are always at hand with Disney...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family