“Good experience though limited vegetarian food options”

Disney's Hollywood Hotel
Ranked #71 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The hotel is nice and well appointed.

We arrived fairly early (much before the 3PM check-in time)and were pleasantly surprised when we were checked right in without any waiting or hesitation. The front office staff was very helpful and courteous.

There is a shuttle from the hotel to the park every few minutes and it makes getting to the park a breeze. Be careful of your belongings while on the shuttle though. Once something is left behind, you'll seldom get to see it again!

The vegetarian food options available at the hotel were very limited, and if we had opted to stay at the hotel for longer than one night, I guess it would have been a put off. But for a one night's stay, it was not so much of a bother.

We took a (Disneyland) Park facing room. Excellent choice as you can see the fireworks in their full glory in the evening.

All in all, would recommend as an experience!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,138)

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We spent a 2 nights and 3 days in Disney Hollywood Hotel to celebrate my daughters birthday...we all enjoyed and ofcourse my birthday girl really loved it! from their own disney MTR and the whimsical feeling when you arrived in the island. The front desk personnel is very accomodating even though we arrived very early than our supposed to be check in time. Maybe next time we could get a bigger room.We will certainly be back again! It is certainly an excellent place for family!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We spent three nights here, which is a lot given that you don't need more than a day at Disney. Good facilities, friendly and efficient staff, and it has the Disney touch to it throughout. If you are staying at the hotel, make sure you buy the breakfast coupons it is cheaper. Also if you pay using Visa for Disney tickets you get a 10% off, please check on offers when you check in. Would recommend if traveling with kids, else you can always stay in HongKong Central, and visit Disney.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Krishnan Iyer S
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed here for 3 days visit to Disneyland. We were amazed by the characteristic Disney amenities inside the room. The housekeeping staff were all polite and effective. The grass field outside the hotel is unbeatably well maintained and very suitable for toddlers. Few things that I dislike in this hotel were: 1) some of the front desk staffs are not as friendly as the hotel facilities, they just carry out their job routinely and without giving customer very warm welcome. 2) We stayed here for 2 nights and dined in the Mickey Chef cafeteria, but had never met any Disney characters during the peak hour of breakfast as is mentioned in their introduction. 3) the food inside the Mickey Chef cafeteria had not changed for 2 consecutive days.

1  Thank Sapteo
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights and 3 days. We instantly loved the spacious space with lots of mickey mouse design in the hotel which was also inside the Disneyland resort. We took a stroll in the breathtaking view of the area because it was by the sea and surrounded by trees and park. You will feel that magical disneyland ambiance.The hotel is 5 minutes away from Disneyland, thats why we chose the hotel. We wanted to go to Disneyland.They have a shuttle bus that will bring you to and fro Disneyland. The room was huge by hongkong standard. The room amenities with all the mickey mouse trimmings were replenished everyday. The room was cleaned and the bedsheets and towels changed daily. At night, you can view the fireworks show from your room. They also had children's activities from time to time. It made our visit to the magical disneyland very convenient and fascinating.

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We had already planned to visit hong kong and heard from a friend that Disney offered a package - 2 days park tickets for 2 people and 1 night stay. As it was my boyfriends birthday while we were in Hong Kong and he had never visited disney before this seemed like the perfect package.
The hotel was easy to locate - straight from the MTR signposts directed us to the shuttle busses which were running to the hotels. When arriving at the hotel, we were able to register for our room and receive our park tickets. We couldn't check in because check in doesn't open until 3pm. That was no problem though because they have an effective luggage store, just give them your luggage, receive a tag with your number on it and rest assure that you can enjoy your day in the park. We also utilised this service the following day. Check out is at 11am but again we wanted to go to the park, so we left our luggage.
For dinner we ate at chef Mickey, an all you can eat buffet with plenty of choice. As it was my boyfriends birthday I sneakily asked the staff if there was anything they could offer to help us celebrate. When I gave a signal, a card signed by Mickey, a cake and staff singing 'happy birthday' arrived. It was a nice end to the day. Also, if paying with visa, 20% off of the bill is offered.
Breakfast at chef Mickey was also plentiful, although like others have mentioned, there was no sign of the characters.
Staff thoughout our stay were helpful and spoke good english. Our room was clean and had all the amenities you would expect but with Disney's own little twist. We were especially happy that we could watch the fireworks from our room and even more impressed when we were told that if we put they tv on channel 39 we would have the Disney background music playing also.
All in all, a very enjoyable stay, I just wish we had longer to check out the other amenities.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I sent my Wife and 3 year old Daughter To Disney Hollywood Hotel recently and was suprised to hear from my wife that the hotel and food were terrible. First of all their wasn't one Disney Character to be seen in the hotel even after my wife was trying to fined where they were so my daughter could see them in person. She even asked where they are and was told that from the staff that the Disney Characters have no definite time or place. But in the restaurant that states you can have luch with Mickey wasn't to be found.

The hotel room was smoke free but when my wife entered the room smelled of stale from someone recently smoking. The amendities were not what I expected as per the web-site raved about when I was reviewing on-line before I booked my reservation.

Also i have been to most of the Disney properties and was suprised to hear from my wife that the staff wasn't as friendly and not as helpful as the other properties such as Florida or Californis Disney properties.

The restaurant where you are supposed to have dinner and watch the fireworks was very disappointing. The food was teriible, and that all i can say the staff wasn't to be found or helpful when my wife confronted them, they did nothing. For over 1200.00 Hong Kong dollars I would have expected a good meal. also they screw up the reservation which resulted in my wife having to pay twice and later spend time getting a refund. This type of quality and service is un-acceptable. For the price you mine as well stay off property at a well known brand and get better service and food.

The sad part was I personally sent e-mail requesting the staff to support my wife and daughter being her first time in Hong Kong to give her support on making it easier by knowing what and how to go through the park. I sent three e-mails with no response. This I have to say is very disappointing to hear as this is my daughters first trip to any Disneyland and to have to have this happen makes me sad that my daughter walked away not happy as planned.

1  Thank DCzupski