“GOOD PLACE”

Ranked #91 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
New Delhi, India
“GOOD PLACE”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

If you are with kids best place to stay buy two days tickets and visit park both days ,can get indian food at adventure land.This place little crowded and also check in at 3.00 pm and checkout at 11.00 am .so you are paying hotel rent not exactly one day it is for 20 hours. Staff is helpful.Limited indian food in hotel.

1 Thank pavan208

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed one night as a family of four in a large double room while visitng HK Disneyland for two days in August 2011. The experience of staying in the hotel was nice as it is near to the Disney theme park and well connected with regular shuttle bus service from the part to the hotels (the other one being the Disney Hotel).

The hotel is less in price compared to the Disney hotel but it is still a fantastic property. The rooms have many things which are shaped as Disney's characters (like Mickey shaped soap) makes the children happy.

The Piano shaped pool is excellent especially after a long hot day in the theme park. My 4 year old son was thrilled when Goofy showed up at the pool and played with all the children.

Free Wifi is available in the lobby (not in the room) and one of the restaurants has some Indian vegetarian food options as well.

Tip: I also had booked a breakfast (21 days in advance) at the Enchanted Garden (in Disney Hotel) which was a great experience (It is very expensive though) and I found myself going all mushy when Mickey and other characters showed up at our breakfast table. My 4 year old kid loved the experience and still remembers it many months after.

Tip 2: The breakfast at Enchanted may not be worth it if you have older children who have outgrown Mickey, Goofy and Pluto (as only these characters show up).

Tip 3: Avoid going to the Disney park during Chinese summer holidays as it was way too much crowded and there is unbelievable waiting time (45 - 60 mins) for most of the rides. Could not do much at the park due to the long queues and extremely hot weather.

Room Tip: We booked a garden view room and still had part view of the sea and the swimming pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank H B
Rock Falls, Illinois
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during the low season and paid below the average price. We still found it a little too pricey.

Hotel grounds were well kept and we could see staff tried their best at check-in's. There were organized lines and staff roaming the floor would immediately start an empty counter (if there was one left) to aid the crowd.

Rooms were clean but the view from our room was blocked by trees and leaves.

They played cartoons on one channel but we noticed it was just on a loop.

We ate at Chef Mickey's for dinner and the waiter spilled a tray of drinks all over the table and my husband. It was an accident and he apologized profusely but nothing was being done otherwise. With our appetites gone, I took the liberty of explaining our situation to the manager. She kindly offered to clean my husband's clothes but later admitted they could not do so. They provided a selection of shirts from the gift shop for my husband to select. Although the whole process was a little strange, the manager(s) were pleasant, extremely apologetic and accommodating.

Service overall was good, but being a Disney hotel, I was expecting more, especially for the price I was paying.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Hi. We had stayed in this hotel last Oct 26 and the view was excellent from our room. We were at the seaside view of this hotel. When we arrived at the hotel reception, the front desk lady asked for my credit card as the usual standard operating procedure of all the hotels as a deposit for our stay. But unfortunately, I had a trouble with the Chef Mickey restaurant inside the hotel when were having our breakfast. At the reception of the restaurant, we were already asked if we had a breakfast coupon but i said no, it was not included in our package so i just told her that we were guests in the hotel and she could just charge it to our room since she also asked for our room number. So, she said we can go ahead and enjoy the buffet. I saw the two servers namely Bobby and gladwyn, I had a hint already that they were talking about our table. So, when I went back to our table after i got my first appetizer, my daughter told me that the food server named Bobby asked her to pay first before we can enjoy our meal. I was really embarrased because it was very unethical in our country to ask a guest to pay while eating. And the approach was really humiliating just like that we didn't have money to pay or we were treated like we were gate crashers . I was really upset that's why I called the attention of the manager but he didn't do anything but he just told the two servers to transfer to other tables. So, when I approached the other manager who was very accommodating, she even explained everything to us, maybe the male manager doesn't know how to explain it well in english so he even told me just to sit in my table and he'll talk to the two servers but did nothing at all. The lady manager was much better, she even assisted us and brought the bill to our room when she explained to us that there was a problem at the lobby fron desk since the receptionist did not declare that we had a deposit since she swiped my credit card. It was not reflected on their record. If only they explained it to me well, i should have understood ithe situation before we proceeded to the buffet. This was my bad experience in this hotel and i couldn't forget this because in the Phils, it will never happen. The people are so hospitable and accommodating and I am not really used to this kind of treatment, I mean, the experience I had with Hongkong people was terrible. oh well, we have different culture as well!

Room Tip: Sea side view is also awesome to all nature lovers
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank maria bella yol... a
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed here 1 night on the 25th October with my boys. Stayed in the Garden View room, very standard, nothing to shout about. The room size is abit small considering it's under a Disneyland Hotel group. We had 2 double beds. Amenities in the room is standard and the decoration is quite cute , with a mickey and minnie mouse painting in the room. Breakfast at the Chef Mickey Cafe is good with a wide variety of food and the boys enjoyed it , but the room price is excluding the breakfast. Location of the hotel is very convenient as there is always shuttle bus in and out of the vincinity. Conceige service was fantastic as we are able to keep our luggages th entire day and they also provide good info of getting around hong kong.

4 Thank Victoria G
Gurgaon
Reviewed October 27, 2012

while the overall focus was on disneyland the hotel was very good. The staff was hospitable and cooperative and serving with a smile. The rooms were sweet as well with the disneyland theme thrown all over. One must appreciate the pool as well which was very neat and well maintained. The grub was ok since we were anyway prepared for the fact that vegetarian food would be a problem.

Room Tip: ask for the garden side view
2 Thank Ashish36
delhi
Reviewed October 27, 2012

in the year 2012 we had won a trip to disney land in a contest. hed by disney channel we stayed there for two days.the hotel has mickey mouse shaped windows and accessories.wht worlden you checkin it gives you feeling that you are in different worldin surroundings there was big swimming pool with guards, very big garden,food available has a lot of variety there.staff was very cooperative and friendly.rooms were decorated with plants to create different effect overall nice hotel and nice country..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family