Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,416 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night at the end of our hong kong trip. We decided having a two year old it would be easy to stay close by my only negative I wish I stated two nights. We got anorak view room well worth the extra money we sat and watched the fireworks in our room was perfect. The room was great and had a real feel of Disney my 2 year old was beside herself. The shuttle runs every 10minutes or so to the park so wait time is limited. The pool area is fantastic and when we went at 6 for a swim goofy was in the water so it was great to see the characters around. The facilities are excellent we just did not have time to use them all. I think the only thing that us lacking is the eating options the buffet is not cheap no al a carte offered and the take away option is a bit limited. But we went knowing our options for food will be expensive and limited can't wait to go back

1  Thank Jenders
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The room is big and spacious. Enough for my son to run around. But the food in the hotel taste suck....The location is far away from HongKong or Kowloon but it near to the city gate where u can buy branded stuff from their factory outlet

3  Thank raymond_tck
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this hotel. Having stayed in hotels in the city before, I wasn't expecting much - in fact, I was a little nervous about taking my family here as I had initially booked in the Disneyland Hotel but my travel agent made a mistake and booked us here, and I worried about the lower price. However, I didn't ask to change it anymore thinking we'd spend the whole day at the park anyway and the dollars saved could well go into expenses for souvenir and snacks. But the room was great, compared to hotels in Kowloon and Hong Kong for the same price. The staff were also very helpful, which was a great plus because we were there on a Saturday and the hotel was crazy busy. They had a small gift shop that had most of the souvenir items you would find at the park so you didn't have to buy them there and lug them with you to your rides, etc. We stayed at the park till the fireworks display and worried about the lines to ride the shuttle bus back to the hotel.Thankfully though, there were a lot of buses on hand so there we didn't have to wait in line at all. My children also loved that the heated pool was open till 10pm so they were able to spend a bit time there after a whole day at the park. An added bonus was Goofy coming in to take pictures and swim with them! Had breakfast at the Hollywood and Dine, which was a great option if your kids are not heavy eaters.

My only gripe was the short stay - you could only get into the room at 3, and you had to check out at 11am. If I had known this was a good hotel I could have booked more nights. Next time!

2  Thank ai_traveller
Reviewed September 10, 2012

After an enjoyable magical weeklong cruise on the Disney Dream this summer, my visit to Disney Hollywood Hotel was a big let-down.

Although, there are a lot of Disney designs, motifs and themes in the hotel, I didn’t sense the magic and warmth of the Disney crew, the minute i alighted from my transport to the hotel. At check-in, the front desk staff was rather stiff and answered in a staccato manner. When we enquired about getting a late check-out as we had a late flight, instead of seeing how we can be accommodated, she gave an immediate no. We were surprised as we were aware that the hotel was not running at full occupancy. Instead, she said they can offer us a “hospital” room. My wife was slightly taken aback until I interjected “You mean a hospitality room” to which the staff nodded.
Next, the staff gave us wrong information regarding the location of our room and we went hunting for the room for the next 5 minutes.

Our Garden View room was located on the 3rd floor with a immediate view of the top of the roof of the covered walkway below us. As you enter the room, the cupboard has no doors (open concept), with the room safe above an empty mini-fridge. Size of room was adequate for the 3 of us. Bathroom is on the small side but with a small bathtub and handheld showers. Bath and face towels, toothbrushes, paper cups, bottles of drinking water, a small bottle each of a shampoo conditioner and bath gel soap, and a small bar of soap. Free tea and coffee facilities are available together with a portable kettle.
I thought the room looked generally clean until i saw 2 hanging cobwebs – which were definitely not part of the Halloween decor. 3 pairs of bedroom slippers were provided; one of them was too small for my child which was not surprising since no one asked how old my child was even though the hotel was aware that there was 2 adults and 1 child in my party.

We ate dinner in the Studio Lounge the first night – while the prices were reasonable the quality of the food (with the exception of the spaghetti) was unacceptable. Our order of nasi goring and fried noodles were disappointing; tasteless and oily although the portions were generous. The satay that came with the nasi goring came with too much fat on the thin slice of meat. Service was unattentive; no one refiiled our glasses of water, enquired about the meal or stood close enough to attend to us when we wanted the bill.

We had a more satisfactory meal and pleasant experience at the quick service cafe, Hollywood and Dine which served sandwiches, (instant) soup noodles , snacks and drinks. Comparatively cheaper than the Studio Lounge but a bottle of coke costs HKD25

We were offered a hospitality room for 45 minutes on the day of our check-out. The hospitality room was a disabled accessible hotel room on the ground floor. I wondered if it made more sense for Disney to have given us a late check-out as they would not have to clean-up our original room and the hospitality room as well. It would also have saved us the inconvenience of packing and storing our bags with the bell hop.

The access to the Park from the hotel is 5 minutes. Buses are frequent (about 10 minutes) during peak hours.

Overall, an ordinary if not disappointing experience as one expects the stay at a Disney resort to be magical.

4  Thank vinz20
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had a great stay at the Hollywood hotel. Staff were great and very attentive, room was nice and clean. The food options were good and we really enjoyed the breakfast buffet. We had dinner with Chef Mickey one night and our son was thrilled! I would recommend staying during the week if possible as the weekend was crazy, but by Monday was so very quiet. The shuttle to the Disney park was quick and easy to use.

Trip type: Traveled with family