“So so cute!!”

Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel
Ranked #44 of 727 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

My heart beat faster as soon as I saw the Mickey silhouette road sign on the highway from the airport. I started grinning like an idiot as soon as we pulled up to Disneyland hotel. The lobby staff were so efficient and pleasant. They literally anticipated my needs upon check in and check out! I loved the smell of the lobby as soon as I walked in and the staff looked so perfect in their costumes!

My room was immaculate and my luggage arrived before me. Some hotels will give you a quick room tour but it was honestly more exciting to explore the myriad Disney themed details in the room on your own. The elevator made me giggle and the lobby's chandelier and wrought iron work was impressive.

The shuttle bus was clean and we never waited more than 2 minutes for one to arrive. It took is between the two hotels and the transport hub which was walking distance from the entrance to Disneyland.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Sue B
Write a ReviewReviews (2,105)

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Hotel with good, old charm as compared with Disneyland Hollywood Hotel. Spacious room and bath with tub. Toiletries for children were great. 2 double beds of good size for 2 adult and 2 young children (maybe up to 10 yrs old). Wonderful breakfast but rather pricey. It is still worth it if the purpose is to meet various Disneyland characters.

Room Tip: higher floor, garden facing/ sea view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank alanlwl73
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The hotel was great, well maintained with little interesting disney details all around. There are also activities available at the playroom throughout the day if you are not at disneyland. They only con is that the restaurants are all quite pricey but at least the food was good. If you are staying there for several days, you might want to consider dining at Hollywood Hotel where prices are apparently cheaper.

We also had breakfast at Enchanted Garden. There are 2 different seating time slots, you should try to be on time. Between taking picture with the characters, feeding the kids and grabbing food. There won't be much time for you to eat if you are late. On our first day there, there were 5 characters mingling around. We thought we'll meet different characters the next day, but instead we had 3 of the same characters coming round only.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank ann_marisa
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The hotel has all the hallmarks of their signature Disney Hotels in the U.S.
The rooms are spacious and beautiful. They have 7 toiletry items each boxed with one of the 7 dwarfs on the cover.
It's a great place to stay particularly when it's hot and humid as it was for me, and to be able to retreat into the air conditioned room for a rest up and/or a dip in the pool.
The down side was eating at Walt's Cafe in the morning. I ordered the eggs benedict and they looked like they were made with sparrow eggs, they were very small. The Hollandaise sauce looked like it was baked on and congealed on the top. All this was for $217HKD. For the same price, one can go to Disney's Hollywood Hotel for the breakfast buffet which offers a large variety of American and Asian breakfast. It's just one stop on the resort bus.

Room Tip: I was in room 5005 which faced south. No morning sun experienced and it overlooked the pool. At nigh...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank David N
Reviewed September 19, 2013

one of the best places to holiday along with u r kids.we have wonderful breakfast with all disney characters like mickey mouse .the breakfast was good with limited choice for vegetarians.the disney theme park was superb.we like the disney parade very much.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Vikastulsyan
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We recently stayed the weekend with 2 adults and 2 kids under 8 years. The rooms were lovely and clean and the check in was seamless despite the large amount of people checking in.
The pool was great and the kids loved the slide as well as the maze in the garden. A simple but fantastic idea to keep them playing hide and seek for ages.
We dined at the chinese restaurant for dinner and my son had a reaction to something in the food. When i went to reception about medicines such as anti-hystamine or to see a nurse, I was amazed to learn that there is none on site and was given a piece of paper with the nearest medical centre and hospital on it - closest being 30mins in a taxi or MTR. When you have a child unwell in such a large resort full of children, I was shocked to learn these were my only alternatives - as well as childrens panadol to purchase which I already had with me.
we went to the character breakfast as well which was very busy with a full restaurant. The food was ok especially with the large amount of people but I was again amazed that there were only 3 Disney characters that joined the breakfast - Minnie, Pluto and Goofey. I would have thought with the price tag and the large amount of people that there would be at least 6 - 8 characters at breakfast. I would not do this again.
The 2nd breakfast we had at Walts cafe was lovely and the food was much nicer.
We would stay again at this hotel because the old world charm is fantastic and beautiful.

Room Tip: Request a room with a balcony over looking the pool..
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Katespy169
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I loved staying in this hotel! The hotel has a charm all its own. You get to see Disney characters everyday, the room is also quite charming. Even the toiletries are part of the theme.

Food at the lobby restaurant is a bit pricey but I love their mushroom fusili pasta. I have not yet found another restaurant with a better tasting mushroom fusili.

I would love to come back to this hotel with the family.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family