You know you're in for something good when this is how it all starts: Long international flight to Hong Kong. You get off the plane and are pleasantly surprised to see a guy at the end of the ramp holding a sign with your name. He takes your bag, puts you on a buggy, whisks you past the throngs at Hong Kong airport and you're the first in line at immigration. He's waiting for you after immigration, helps you with you bag, gets your airport express train ticket and gets you settled on the train to Hong Kong station. Airport meet and greet is a complimentary service provided by the Landmark Mandarin. Granted they get you with the room rate but still this is a great service and plenty of 5 star hotels will nickel and dime you at every turn despite exorbitant room rates.
I stayed at 3 Mandarin Oriental properties (in Kuala Lumpur and the "old" Mandarin Oriential in Hong Kong) back to back so was able to get a good basis for comparison. The Landmark had the best room in my opinion -- a contemporary/modern style different from other MO properties. See attached pictures of room 912. I agree with the other reviewer that described this room as a bathroom with an attached bed. No fighting with your spouse for bathroom counter space necessary. You can have your own sink and plenty of space to spread out -- in fact you can have a party in this bathroom. Water pressure in the rain shower was fantastic. The separate sitting/living area is also great addition to the room.
Location is ideal for sightseeing with the MTR next door, plenty of dining and shopping options at your doorstep.
Service is worthy of Mandarin Oriental standards -- they get it right. Always at your beck and call...email them something to print and its under your door in 2 minutes. Having stayed at the "old" Mandarin Oriental which is also a great hotel -- this would be my choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is one of the most luxurious and fashionable hotel in the world located in the heart of Central. All of the 109 spacious guestrooms have just been refurbished. Dining is exceptional. Amber offers the finest modern French cuisine while MO Bar is the stylish all-day-dining venue famous for its creative cocktails. The Oriental Spa is the urban sanctuary for relaxation and wellness, completed with yoga, Pilates and fitness. This chic hotel is one of the 9 hotels worldwide awarded Forbes Travel Guide Triple five stars distinction across all categories for hotel, restaurant and spa. Located in Central, the hub of shopping, entertainment and finance, The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is connected to the Landmark Atrium where more than 200 world's top luxury brands can be found. What makes the hotel unique is its proximity to local pastimes, hot spots and cool discoveries. Only 10-15 minutes away on foot, guests can expect popular local eateries, bars and clubs, some of Hong Kong's best tailors, creative local designer fashion pieces, as well as one of Hong Kong's oldest temples and Asia's longest outdoor covered escalators. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Mandarin Oriental, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental Landmark
- Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
- Mandarin Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental
- Landmark Mandarin Oriental