Have always wanted to stay at the Landmark. Had heard that it and the Four Seasons were the places to stay in HK, and it didn't disappoint.
We only had the basic room, but it was probably the best standard room I have ever been in. If you are looking for modern luxury, rather than old decadent style, then this is one of those hotels. The bath in the standard room was awesome too. But the bed was the highlight - firm double king with super fine sheets and fantastic pillows - could have stayed there all day. Generally much newer, funkier than the big 3 around Pacific Place (Conrad, Marriott, Shangri-la) and closer to the nightlife...note it is a small boutique type hotel though - don't expect an awesome lobby etc etc like the big 3.
Also has a trendy bar and decent lap swimming pool.
Staff was flawless, particularly John who is down at the taxi stand. He was fantastic and gave great advice and made sure we wouldn't get ripped off by the taxi drivers...we had a lovely massage and spa which is well worth it. Definitely check out the "Heat Experience" which is free for all hotel guests (saunas, water jets etc).
Location is just fantastic....few minutes walk underground to the MTR, and can definitely walk to and from LKF if that is your thing (which it was for us).
Downside? Traffic on the road leading to the hotel is a pain during peak hours....taxis everywhere particularly late at night - i would MTR if you were coming from Kowloon side etc. Also, there is just no view from the hotel, which is a bit disappointing....but if you wanted a brilliant view, you'd definitely have to go for the Kowloon side hotels (Peninsula, Intercontinental).
Will definitely be staying here again for the next HK visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is one of the most luxurious and fashionable hotel in the world located in the heart of Central. All of the 109 spacious guestrooms have just been refurbished. Dining is exceptional. Amber offers the finest modern French cuisine while MO Bar is the stylish all-day-dining venue famous for its creative cocktails. The Oriental Spa is the urban sanctuary for relaxation and wellness, completed with yoga, Pilates and fitness. This chic hotel is one of the 9 hotels worldwide awarded Forbes Travel Guide Triple five stars distinction across all categories for hotel, restaurant and spa. Located in Central, the hub of shopping, entertainment and finance, The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is connected to the Landmark Atrium where more than 200 world's top luxury brands can be found. What makes the hotel unique is its proximity to local pastimes, hot spots and cool discoveries. Only 10-15 minutes away on foot, guests can expect popular local eateries, bars and clubs, some of Hong Kong's best tailors, creative local designer fashion pieces, as well as one of Hong Kong's oldest temples and Asia's longest outdoor covered escalators. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental Landmark
- Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
- Mandarin Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental
- Landmark Mandarin Oriental