Location: Bang in central
Hotel: Small, part of multi-use development with offices, retail; indoor pool, spa, 2 restaurants
Room: The best I've ever stayed at
Positives: Great room, good service
Negatives: No great views, breakfast in restaurants not served until 7am
TA ranking at time of writing: #16/508
This was my 1st stay at the Landmark Mandarin Oriental and was impressed by the warm welcome and quick check-in. The hotel is right in the middle of HK Central close to an MTR station, straddled by buses and tram on either side and walkable (with light luggage) from IFC/HK station. There are 2 restaurants, one which doubles up as a bar by night. I didn't make use of the pool/spa services.
Mine was a corner room with windows on all fronts - bedroom, bathroom and living room. I must add here that I did prefer this room over the one at Upper House because of optimal use of space. The bathroom had 2 entrances - 1 each from living and bedroom. The room was very cosy with a long sofa and a king size bed, walk in wardrobe; bathroom had 2 wash basins, shower + bathtub.
Now to not so good things. I wish that the switches around the room had some indication. Also, both restaurants start serving breakfast at 7am, would've thought that service started earlier, I think they may be serving in the room before that, but I hadn't checked. Also, given that the hotel is within a larger complex that houses retail shops, I had 1 sleepless night (until mid-night) with some work going on next door; the staff was kind to offer me a room swap onto the other side but assured me that the work would stop at 9pm and hence I didn't opt for it, the work did stop at 9pm that evening.
All in all, a great hotel, good service, very well located. Will certainly opt when I'm in HK next.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is one of the most luxurious and fashionable hotel in the world located in the heart of Central. All of the 109 spacious guestrooms have just been refurbished. Dining is exceptional. Amber offers the finest modern French cuisine while MO Bar is the stylish all-day-dining venue famous for its creative cocktails. The Oriental Spa is the urban sanctuary for relaxation and wellness, completed with yoga, Pilates and fitness. This chic hotel is one of the 9 hotels worldwide awarded Forbes Travel Guide Triple five stars distinction across all categories for hotel, restaurant and spa. Located in Central, the hub of shopping, entertainment and finance, The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is connected to the Landmark Atrium where more than 200 world's top luxury brands can be found. What makes the hotel unique is its proximity to local pastimes, hot spots and cool discoveries. Only 10-15 minutes away on foot, guests can expect popular local eateries, bars and clubs, some of Hong Kong's best tailors, creative local designer fashion pieces, as well as one of Hong Kong's oldest temples and Asia's longest outdoor covered escalators. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Mandarin Oriental, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental Landmark
- Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
- Mandarin Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental
- Landmark Mandarin Oriental