We stayed for 7 nights in January and had connecting rooms with our kids. The rooms were nice, though the twin room was more cramped than ours (we had 2 doubles) but the beds and bedding were lovely.
As we were on the 11 th floor, we didn't have free wifi in the room, so had to camp in the lobby with everyone to get access to the internet. Room rates for Internet were astronomical. I suggest putting more chairs and selling coffee / cakes etc in the lobby to make it more comfortable !!
The hotel is close to everything, and we found a few takeaway restaurants nearby to get food at night, and supermarkets are also close to help the budget. The hotel buffets looked nice, but not quite affordable with 2 teenagers in tow, at the end of our travels in Asia
Bear in mind that the housekeeping staff get up rather early, and like to clean your rooms from 8.30! Bit early when you are in holiday However , they did a good job
The staff were courteous and helpful when we required assistance
Getting to the hotel from the airport was tricky - we caught the bus, which was good, but finding the hotel is difficult the first time, especially at night, as there are 2 8a Hart ave in the same area. once you know it's ok though. Suggest taking the airport train and get the shuttle bus to the holiday inn, which we did on the return trip. Much easier, but pricey.. As we had 4 of us with luggage it turned out slightly cheaper than 2 taxis on the way back, but the bus was much better value ( if you know where you are going!!!!)
I'd probably stay here again, but try for an upgrade to a room with internet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Panorama by Rhombus is the tallest triangular deluxe business hotel overlooking Victoria Harbour in Tsim Sha Tsui. A mere 2-minute walk from the MTR East Tsim Sha Tsui Station, one stop from the MTR Hung Hom Station and a 5-minute drive from the Hong Kong China Ferry Terminal. Contemporary guestrooms range in Silver to Gold and Club HarbourView to Executive Club HarbourView, featuring floor-to-ceiling windows and breathtaking views of Victoria Harbour or the city. Each guestroom is equipped with complimentary handy smartphone with unlimited local & international calls*, and unlimited mobile internet. Located at the lobby level, Cafe Express offers casual dining experience while AVA Restaurant Slash Bar on the 38th floor with a breathtaking Victoria Harbour views is set to impress. Other facilities include Rhombus Club Executive Lounge, Meeting Rooms, Fitness Centre, Business Centre and Sky Garden *International calls can be made to USA, China, Singapore, Australia and Japan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Panorama by Rhombus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panorama By Rhombus Hotel
- Panorama Hotel Hong Kong
- Panorama By Rhombus Hong Kong
- Hotel Panorama Hong Kong
- Hotel Panorama By Rhombus Hong Kong