“Nice hotel in busy area.”

Hotel Panorama by Rhombus
Ranked #85 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
stockholm
“Nice hotel in busy area.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a week and had an enjoyable stay. Was in a group of 5 and booked 3 rooms. 2 were the normal rooms and 1 was an upgrade. The 2 normal rooms were very spacious but the upgraded room was a lot smaller but with a great view. Size of room is based on the distance from the lifts. Middle rooms are larger then they seem to get smaller as you move away from the lifts in the centre. Very firm beds which I was initially worried about but slept very well. Lovely shower. Clean room. Close to entrance to metro then 4 min walk underground. No wifi in room is annoying and there are only a few seats in the lobby so had to stand around a lot when checking emails. Nice roof garden. Would recommend.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (833)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights as my better half has a card game on Hanoi Road.Last November we stayed at the Hyatt on K 11. It's just round the corner from K 11 but we only pay less than half of what we paid at the Hyatt . This is a deluxe business hotel, a 4 star. It is just a 5 min walk to the nearest MTR station but you need to walk a long way to board the trains underground ! Service, price and location is excellent. We were on the Club with harbour view room and I must say, it's worth it to pay more. The bathroom also has floor-to-ceiling windows which enables you to enjoy breathtaking views of the harbour.There is only one of this room per floor,so you have to ask for it ! We found the room small for a club but we are out all day so, that is not an issue. Everything you need is closeby, a few small eateries,western and local.K 11, iSquare and rows of shops on Nathan street although I would not recommend anyone to shop there if you have the time.Service is personalized and cannot be faulted.Check-in and check-out was prompt and efficient.

We would definitely come back again this year.

Room Tip: Request for a corner, _ _ 1 3.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Pablo City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

March 2012 my family enjoyed our stay at the hotel and even highly recommended it thru trip advisor. The hotel sent me a rhombus diamond card in return which I greatly appreciate and felt really valued. I was very excited to book again for this coming may 21-23, 2013 together with 3 more families, however, there were no exclusive offers and VIP treatment given as they have indicated in the letter together with the card. "PRIORITY VIP CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT" and" EXCLUSIVE ROOM OFFERS AND DINNING PRIVILEGES". These are FALSE PROMISES and thus my good impression turned into a big disappointment. They are recommending that I apply for a corporate account So that a sales manager can take care of my booking needs. Since i don't have 1, no one assisted me anymore. And what's worst? No email feedback, no apologies for the inconvenience, no anything, and it's really disappointing!

• Stayed May 2012
Benjamin F, General Manager at Hotel Panorama by Rhombus, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Nyleg,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment at Tripadvisor and I am very concerned with the comments you made about our Rhombus Diamond card. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced and rest assured thorough training will be conducted to the concerned staff to avoid recurrence.

Please be assured this is definitely not our way to treat our Rhombus Diamond Card Members whom are our VIPs. I would appreciate if you are able to give me all your booking details to my email address gm_hp@rhombusinternational.com so that I can personally follow up the booking and ensure everything is in order.

Thank you once again for bringing up this issue to our attention and it is always through constructive comments that we are able to identify areas for improvement and be able to work on serving you better in your subsequent visits to any of our Rhombus hotels.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel in March 2012 and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Panorama by Rhombus and I would like to personally meet you and extend my apology again during your stay with us.

Best regards
Benjamin Fung
Singapore, null, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed a few days in Apr 2013 at Panorama was disappointed there was no wifi capability in my room. I was told by reception I will need to pay additional charges for room with wifi capability. It had been most inconvenient for me to sit at the hotel lobby where there was free wifi during the night in my pyjamas to access my emails. LOL. Good to check about wifi before booking the room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I spent 5 nights here in March 2013. I admit, I think the experience here all depends upon the room you choose, my room and experience was fantastic! I couldn't afford to stay here for my entire time in Hong Kong, but did splurge for my last few nights. That said, I think the cost of the room was very good value for all that you received.

I did book an Executive Club Harbour View room via the hotel's own website. I did email them approx one week prior to my arrival to confirm my room. At that time I asked (if possible) for a room on the highest floor possible and a corner room (I got those tips from Tripadvisor!). I was please to find when I got there that I had indeed been given a corner room (#3513). The views from both the room and the bathroom were magnificent (as others have stated). I would say my room was directly across the harbour from the Wan Chai Star Ferry pier, with a good view of the Exhibition Center and Central Plaza. You couldn't see the IFC or the Bank of China Tower - those views are on the other side of the hotel but are partially blocked by a couple of tall buildings in front of you. My view to HK was unobstructed so you just have to decide which you prefer.

I arrived around Noon and was escorted in the glass elevator to the Rhombus Club on the 39th floor to check in. I was escorted to the lounge by Josephine and provided with a cup of coffee while she took my passport, etc and checked me in. I was surprised to get to my room so early.

The room was quite large (I think this was due to the corner room) with a king size bed which was very comfortable. The bathroom had a tub and shower (again with two full size windows). The toiletries were by Crabtree and Evelyn (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, body wash) and also had a razor, shower cap, nail file, mending kit, toothbrush/toothpaste, comb - which was replenished daily (also two bottles of water). The door had a double lock and a peephole for security. You needed your room key to access the executive bullet elevator. There was a paper delivered every morning.

The mini bar was well stocked with lots of different soft drinks, water, beer, wine, spirits, nuts, and candy bar. Everything in the mini bar was free except the alcohol and was replenished daily. There was also coffee and tea in the room. There was a luggage rack for your suitcase, and a good size clothes closet with plenty of drawers and a good size room safe (there was 2 robes, slippers, umbrella, laundry bag).

There was a large flat screen TV with a number of English language channels. There was also a pay movie channel (I didn't use)

The hotel offers room service (I had breakfast the last morning I was there and it was good). There is also laundry service (I had a pair of pants cleaned and pressed and they did a great job and returned the same day)

My room rate included breakfast in the AVA restaurant (38th floor) each morning. The restaurant has a great view of the Hong Kong skyline. I found the breakfast buffet to be very extensive. There were both Chinese and Western choices - eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, all types of breads/pastries, cereals, yogurt, cheeses, cold cut meats, variety of juices. Including tea or coffee (even will make you a latte if you prefer that to ground coffee).

The great thing about having access to the Rhombus Executive Club was you could use it during the day or evening. During the day there are all kinds of drinks available and small snacks. From 5:30pm to 8pm each night there is a happy hour where they bring out spirits and wines, in additional to substantial appetizers that could make a meal for you. of course, the view from the floor to ceiling windows over to HK island is wonderful, and the service by the staff was always pleasant, polite and helpful.

The hotel is in a maze of streets and a little hard to find at first, but in a very good location just a couple of blocks from Nathan Road, and Chatham Road South in the other directions. The TST East MTR entrance is a minute from the hotel. It was a pleasant 15 minute walk to the TST Star Ferry Pier. There were lots of restaurants, cafes and bars all around the hotel. A lot of them were definitely catering to English/Australians which is not my preference to visit when on vacation, but there are plenty of other choices too.

The open air sky garden on the 40th floor has wonderful views and I watched an amazing lightning storm from that location. You can watch the Symphony of Lights, but it's a little anticlimatic as there is no sound so there's really not much to it. If you really want to experience it walk 5-10 minutes down to the Avenue of Stars.

I got a free Airport Express MTR pass to go back to the airport when I left which was a very easy ride.

If I has two very small complaints it would be that the rooms had a slightly musty smell to them (In my experience this is quite common due to the high humidity levels) but you get used to it very quickly, and also if you look very carefully the linen wallpaper in the room is peeling ever so slightly. Finally, the housekeeping staff began early in the mornings and were incredibly loud (shouting back and forth down the hallways) and again at night for the turn down service.

I would highly recommend, but I do agree the experience you have will be based upon the type of room you reserve. Do not reserve the cheapest room and expect to be upgraded (or be upset when you are not upgraded) - you definitely get what you pay for here. If you have a silver or gold room your view will be the rear of some very run down looking buildings.

Room Tip: Definitely reserve and Executive Club Level room if you can afford it. The views are great and the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank KarenAnneM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

First this hotel has some amazing - amazing views. The sunrise and sunset over the skyscrapers harbor and mountains are breathtaking. The hotel staff seems to reflect the city itself - diverse, professional, sophisticated and welcoming at the same time. I have been spoiled by the enormous, ornate 5 star hotels in the mainland so the rooms at the Panorama seem tiny in comparison. Yet for Hong Kong they are normal sized and very well layed out. The concierge level is well with the upgrade - if only to take advantage of the lounge amenities later in the day. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
milpitasca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I got this hotel as a Top Secret deal on Travelocity, so I didn't pay that much compared to other hotels in the area. But once I got there, they talked me into an up-grade for a high floor with a view of the harbor. I think it was another $100 for the 3 nights I was there. They also allowed an early check-in which was nice after the flight from SFO. I did have to wait about an hour for the room and spent the time having dim sum around the corner at Joy restaurant - very inexpensive for their specials but lots of MSG. My room was spotless with modern decor and bathroom. The bed was very comfortable, especially after an airplane seat. My view was partially blocked by a tall building, but if I had not up-graded I would not have had any view. The first night was rainy and foggy. But the next two nights I could watch the laser show and harbor traffic from the comfort of my nice chair. The 30th floor had an open air garden with great views, but all the smokers hung out there making for a couple brief photos. I only ate breakfast in the hotel lobby once. It was rather expensive - about $25+ for one person. It had a nicely stocked buffet and they made a nice omellette upon my request. I asked for a take-away cup for some coffee and they said I needed to pay$1 for the paper cup - absurd. Drank the coffee there. Coffee in the lobby was Movenpick and quite good until the day no one could figure out how to make the coffee machine work. When I asked for coffee from the restaurant, since the machine didn't work, they wanted to charge me - but I won! The help at the front desk and in the restaurant were ice cold. The only helpful people were the bellmen and the concierge. This hotel is within walking distance of numerous malls with grocery stores in the basements, the Art Museum, and The Ave. of Stars.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo