“Tremendous Hotel”

Hotel Panorama by Rhombus
Ranked #97 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed January 29, 2013

For the price, for the location, for the genuinely friendly and helpful service, and for the excellent value for money.
Five nights in January at the Hotel Panorama passed in the blink of an eye without incident or mishap.
A rare experience in my many years of overseas travel.
The Club Harbourview rooms with Club Lounge Access provided great rooms, great views of Hong Kong Island and with the added value of the evening drinks and canapes with wonderful staff and an indulgent buffet breakfast each day.
The staff could not do enough for us. From the cleaning ladies who enquired as to how we liked the rooms to the breakfast staff quick to refresh our coffees, we felt indulged.
Certainly a place to recommend to others.

Room Tip: Spend the extra on the Club Harbourview Room with Club Lounge access and spend your whole trip congr...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kellytravellingdan
There are newer reviews for Hotel Panorama by Rhombus

Reviewed January 28, 2013

A wonderful experience from the minute we arrived to when we left. It's 2 minutes from TST, exit N1. We were greeted by the concierge who seemed to know my booking immediately and was whisked to the 39th floor where we were immediately offered refreshments and booked in. Within a couple of minutes of getting in the room our cases were brought to us. The view on entering was spectacular over HK island. We even slept with the curtains open just so we could admire the view as soon as we opened our eyes. The sky lounge on the 40th floor had comfy chairs where we'd sit and soak up the view. It was an oasis of calm from the frenetic city life. Our housekeeping was immaculate and she always greeted us warmly.
We had breakfast included in our room price which was brilliant and kept us full until dinner time and as we were sightseeing so much we just grabbed a lunch snack on the run and would have a nice meal in the evening. The staff on the 39th floor were lovely especially Jonathan and June. I thought I had mislaid my passport and June even offered to help go through my room to help me find it. It was in the safe the whole time! The wi if was fast and easy to connect. The non stop refreshments were welcome. I felt so at home that I'll be booking to go back and would always recommend it to anyone I know going to HK. It's close to everything you want to see thanks to its proximity to the public transport system. I didn't feel the room size was a problem as there is plenty of storage space and the views are just so amazing that nothing could have put me off.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank katrina1961
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Rather small room even we upgraded to s club room but one of the hotel have better Harbour view at a reasonable price for a 3-4 star hotel.

Very closed to Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station exit (< 50 meters from hotel entrance). Also closed to shopping area. Location wise, very good!

Service is good but the biggest drawback - no free WiFi!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Perfect location for anyone's trip to Hong Kong. Located right in the middle of the bustling shopping area of Kowloon. Two blocks from Nathan Road.

This hotel is above average only, due mainly to the teeny-tiny rooms (unless you get a suite). The desk's chair sits directly against the bed as you type away on your laptop, for example.

The internet in the room is wired only , but it's super fast. Ask for an adapter at the front desk, as there is no Hong Kong to US or Europe adapter in the room.

The views are amazing, if you're able to get a room with a harbor view.

In short, this hotel would get four stars if not for the bare bones rooms. The location is supreme!

Info nuggets:
-The gym is very basic
-Breakfast is on the top and 1st floors, and is fairly good
-Free wireless internet in the lobby, get password from front desk
-HDTVs in room
-iPod/phone dock with speakers in room
-3 min walk from MTR (subway) station "Tsim Sha Tsui"
-ATM 100 yards away (to the left as you exit hotel; then cross the perpendicular street)
-Laundry and dry cleaning (cheap!) directly across the street

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JohnSweden2
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This made our trip to Hong Kong. We had an exec room, level 31, floor to ceiling windows looking over the harbour at Hong Kong Island - room was at the end so the shower (also floor to ceiling windows) felt like you were floating in the air. Lovely b'fast, daily happy hour 5:30-8:30pm and all day tea/coffee/soft drinks included. Sky garden on level 40 also a nice place to enjoy the views. Central location in Kowloon just near TST MTR off Mody Road. Near great shopping and restaurants. Service was brilliarnt - staff were so helpful. Definitely would return and recommend.

Room Tip: Definitely pay extra and get an exec room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Margaret T
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at panorama hotel in January 2012 and I stayed there again in January 2013. I arrived into hong kong on 18 January from Osaka at 12.30am. By the time I checked into the hotel it was close to 2am. It didn't take long to check in. Unfortunately none of our key card was able to let us go up to their Ava restaurant for breakfast. We went back to the lobby to get the key card fixed. The two cards for my rooms were fixed but the card key for my children's room were totally malfunctional after fixing, they could not use the lift nor could they get into heir room. But problem was solved within seconds. I just love this hotel for its million dollar view, comfortable bed, good service, great location, access to club lounge for the club room and most important of all the great firm pillows which were being provided. The concierge was always happy to help with direction. The housekeeping never failed to greet me with "good morning" or good afternoon. The thoughtfulness of the little biscuit and caffeine free tea provided in the evening. I simply won't stay at any other place when I visit hong kong again in April this year. I thank you for making my stay in hong kong such a comfortable experience, I just love to go back to hong kong again.

Room Tip: Great restaurants surrounding the hotel and great place to shop
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth L
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The room is right accross from the hong kong harbor. Therefore, the harbor view rooms offer the best view! The rooms are very small, but confortable. The service was great and the food in the lobby restaurant was tasty. The free breakfast buffet was not good at all. I recommend paying for breakfast at the lobby restaurant. There were many restaurants and stores at walking distance. I would recommend this hotel, for the location, the service, and it was one of the most affortable hotels in comparison to other hotels without a view.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple