1,202 results
All reviewstram stopwater streetkennedy townsai ying puntrams and busesmacau ferry terminalstandard roomsitting areaupgraded to a suitebit datedmtr stationrooms are bigclean hoteloctopus cardairport expresshk hotelspublic transport
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Place is roomy and service is decent. Biggest issue is I killed 3 cockroaches in my room. But this is HK and like NYC where I live I feel this is just common especially around the neighborhood surrounding it. $100 a night USD I expected a little better.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This has become a regular haunt on my visits to Hong Kong. It is well situated with the tram outside the door and close to the airport express and ferries. Overall the rooms are well laid out and if a bit dated, clean and functional. Since they introduced free wifi a year or so ago any objection to using them has gone and there is a convenience store and a Starbucks next door.

Its worth walking to the hotel from Central, if only to smell and see the dried sea food markets

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel exterior was nothing to shout about and I was apprehensive at my choice. The reception had seen a better day. But the staff work very very hard and they catered to my every request.

Service is superb front desk sorted out reservation issues, engineering speedily fixed my internet. House keeping was prompt, efficient and kept the room spotless.

But top management is lousy.

I slept my first evening only to be woken by a warm swerage smell coming into the room. But I was not sure. It was 3 am and I just shrug it off. The second night it hit again but this time stronger forcing me to open the windows and run the air con blower full blast. I still could not figure the stench. On my last nite I found the source at 5 am. By this time I had caught a sore throat from the inhalation of these foul fumes. It was coming from the toilet and it was evident that a sewer line was busted or backing up. Towels to the toilet door gaps made things bearable.

I told the staff and they were profusely apologetic. I even sent an email with incriminating pictures of towels used the night before. But not a squeak, and not an offer of discount or remorse from their CEO of the group whom I had sent my email to.

Next time stay at SOFITEL. The price is almost the same and rest assuredly they would take their service seriously.

Yours sincerely.

M Williams

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mightymo0
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Excellent location, service and complete value for money. Very good connectivity for public transport and a free shuttle service to central. The hotel staff is very disciplined and are very courteous with timely service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed at the Ramada HK in April 2013, we highly recommend the hotel, great location ++. If you want a real Hong Kong experience! this is the place. Great value for money! The Tram stops directly at the front of the hotel and can catch the trams just down the road to go into Sheung Wan to catch the MTR. The staff were very friendly, however we did get a room with twin beds, but we didn't mind as we placed the beds together anyway. You have a 7-11 store just up from the hotel on the Des Voeux Road! There is also a great place to eat called the King Prawn vietnamese restaurant just up the road, and at the end of the day, we only slept in room, as we spent more time out and about than in the room. If you do travel to Hong Kong we highly recommend that you purchase a octopus card at the airport, it's the best thing, you can use it on all public transport. The best shopping is in Kowloon, Mong Kok especially for mobile phones, electronics & markets to barter for a good price. Definitely going back at the end of the year, it's the best place, nicest people, great food, restaurants every where & the best sites. It's all about what you make of it.....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple