The price we paid for this hotel for one night including a check out at 16.00 hours represented good value for money.Staff were very friendly & helpful, beds firm - the type we like. Quiet room overlooked some rather dingy apartments at the back of the hotel - but not so different from many hotels. I am sure in its day this would have been a very 'posh' hotel, but it has been overtaken. Breakfast was a bit limited.
Internet facilities available - able to check in for flight - but could not print boarding passes - printer not working
The airport shuttle buses do not run to this side of the Island. A taxi from Central was approx $40HK plus $10HK for 2 pieces of luggage - make sure you have the name of the hotel writen in Chinese. A free shuttle bus ran from the hotel about every 45 mins to Central - which we used on all other occasions including when we departed. Lots of public buses & trams ran past the front door - ask a member of staff for help
The area around the hotel was full of small shops - you could find most types of food to buy locally.
For dinner we went to the Lonely Planet recommended Kwun Kee Restaurant - some 10 mins walk away (down the the side of McDonalds), ask a member of staff for directions. There is also a Chinese restaurant on site & locals were eating there & it was Monday night after all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Special Notice on Hotel Rebranding: Ramada Hong Kong Hotel will be renamed as BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Hong Kong effective from 1 September 2015. This will be the first hotel in Hong Kong carrying “PLUS”, a superior brand of the BEST WESTERN HOTEL GROUP. The rebranding renders a hotel name change; while the ownership, the management & the entire workforce will stay the same. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Ramada
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Hong Kong