We found the Wan chai a very good hotel situated in a good location. Our room was very clean, smart, free water daily, free tea and coffee, nice big flat screen t.v with cable, comfy beds and a nice bathroom with free amenities. The house keepers here are doing a very good job. Also the reception were quite friendly and helpful. Our bill was £276.00 on checkout which I thought is good value ( better than the Strand in London) but like most places I do not agree with service charge which is 10% of your bill and £27 is a lot of money when you already paid for a room. I just dont get why places charge service charge, we wanted to leave a tip for the staff but can not because of this.
The Wan Chai is situated in a good location. We took a coach from the airport which took around 40 minutes, but I recommend you buy a Octopus card which is cheaper and more convienient way of getting about Hong Kong. You can get the MRT from the airport and go to Wan chai station next to the hotel. There are plenty of bars just around the corner with a lot of British expats and Philipino's. It's a real lively place if your into nightlife, there is also a few stripper joints with a lo of girls of the night hanging around. Me and my wife would eat in some local street food places and a good cheap place is Hay Hay just around the corner from the hotel offering good simple Chinese dishes at a cheap price.
As for getting around Hong kong, Wan Chai station is around the corner and buses, trams and taxi is ready available but do buy a Octopus MRT card as it will save you time and money. You can also gain any cash back left on your card if you do not use it up. As for tours we visited Sky 100 view point, but beware! It's overpriced and pictures are expensive, good view but not worth the money we spent. The peak is a nice view but like everywhere in HK, there is many buildings and lots of people. Central is for shopping, bus tours are expensive.
I would stay at Wan Chai again if I visited HK and if you like walking, you can get to most places buy foot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An ideal accommodation that is both central and accessible, Kew Green Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong (Formerly Metropark Wanchai) is situated in the heart of Hong Kong's luxury commercial, shopping and entertainment district. In great proximity to the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre as well as the Mass Transit Railway Station, making it a breeze to get around the city that never sleeps. Each guest room showcases contemporary design with clear ambition for innovations and are equipped with LCD TV, Free Wi-Fi connectivity, electronic safety box, central air-conditioning, spacious working desk and more. Our recent innovative installation is the travel smartphone with unlimited mobile data and hotspot function plus IDD calls to designated countries for free during your stay. Kew Green Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong is a smoke-free property, beckons as a homely and stylish accommodation option so that your experience in Hong Kong will exceed your expectation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kew Green Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropark Hotel Hong Kong
- Kew Green Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong