“Nice, but nothing special”

Kew Green Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong
Ranked #64 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed here with friends for 3 nights and thought it was fine, but nothing out of the ordinary. The rooms were clean and the staff friendly. The booking I made was for a standard room which showed a picture of a king size bed, but once there I was advised that standard was twin beds. This was fine for me as I was staying with a friend, but I would be annoyed if I was travelling as a couple. Wifi isn't included in the price which is also slightly annoying, however the location is good and the price was competitive compared to other similar hotels I looked at.

The hairdryer in the room has to be the least powerful I've ever used, so if you don't want to be sat there forever trying to dry it, I would suggest taking your own. The shower is very powerful and shoots water everywhere, so be careful to turn it on gently or you'll get a a powerful blast in the face as I did or water all over the towels if your head isn't in the way!

There are some nice restaurants a short walk away. My favourite being 'The Pawn' which had a cool atmosphere and great roast food which reminded me of my Mum's Sunday dinners back in the UK.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
HKWH, Manager at Kew Green Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Tripadvisor Member – Hannah Mumbai

Many thanks for your good words and comments about the Metropark Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong. We are sorry that our Welcome Desk staff might have not introduced our corporate loyalty program namely ‘Heart Park Rewards’ to you upon arrival as joining this program, you will be offered free in-room internet and late checkout.

We sincerely thank you for your valuable comments on the hairdryer and shower and immediate review will be taken to the issues. We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you to our hotel on your next trip to HK and being of service to you again. Please feel free to contact me at doo.hkwh@metroparkhotels.com for further comments. .

Best regards,

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Chose this hotel due to its price (there was a promotion) and location. I'm more familiar with HongKong island. Hence, I prefer to stay in the island as compared to other areas. In addition, I like the fact that there is a direct airport bus that will pick and drop you at the doorsteps of the hotel. Also, the hotel is near the Starry Ferry terminal (according to map). Initially, I wanted to go to the terminal but didn't manage to do so in the end. So I can't really tell whether it is that near.

Upon arrival, we were upgraded to the executive suite room. The room is big, spacious & clean. Location is also good. Value for money. Staff are professional and polite. They are not those friendly and cozy people but we are fine with it. We understand that it is their culture. Afterall, we are in a cosmopolitan city.

A place that I'll recommend family and friends to stay.

Room Tip: If you are a lady, you can opt to stay the Ladies floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Hotel was excellent, but information related to reservation through Hotel Planners was ridiculously incorrect i.e. home address some unknown place in Europe, rather than correct address in USA. More inconveniently, indicated two person twin bed reservation in place of single Queen that necessitated a room change during stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel gets very expensive during peak days (trade shows) but if you get a good price it is an excellent option

Location is excellent, 5 mins from Wanchai MTR
Check in speedy and efficient
I've seen two rooms, my first stay, room was so small I actually had to sit on the bed in order to work on the desk. Muy second stay, upon check-in I was upgraded for free to an executive rtoom with was very large. In BOTH cases the rooms were verty clean, modern, functional and comfortable regardless of their size. Paid wired broadband access with workable speed.

Good (but not excellent) buffet breakfast in a very cozy and welcoming dining room.

Service correct but not too friendly

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed in 2009. This is a good value hotel in the heart of Wanchai. A a business traveller it had everything that I needed in terms of easy reach of the convention centre and ferry to get across to Kowloon. The hotel is clean and the room facilities are good, although it is located on a busy road and on the edge of the "seedier" side of Wanchai. Get a room on a higher floor to try and minimise noise from traffic.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the higher floor
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have stayed here over 20 times. Location could not be better. 5 minute walk to the MTR then the whole island is within reach. Rooms are modern and clean, a little small but not bad for Hong Kong. Breakfast is not bad but so many other places nearby. I will continue to stay here on my many visits to Hong Kong.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I travel to HK on a pretty regular basis, this hotel has become my main stay accommodation, very close to all sorts of facilities, very easy to get around, close to the airport express, you can walk it, but a cab is easier, and the rooms are not tiny, as is the case of most HK hotels, particularly in this price bracket. Add to that a sensation restaurant, both dinner and breakfast, plus last minuet booking they don't sting you, again like most HK hotels.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business