“Very nice Hotel in an excellent location”

Kew Green Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong
Ranked #65 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Hobart, Tasmania
“Very nice Hotel in an excellent location”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at the Metropark, Wanchai in 2008. Lovely hotel. Walking distance from the Hong Kong Convention Centre. Close to the train, a good coffee shop just down the street and in the other direction and around the corner, the best vegetarian Indian restaurant - Kana Kasana. We found the staff friendly and helpful. Extra pillows? No problem. The rooms was lovely: a pleasure to come back to. Can't wait to go back and won't hesitate to stay at the Metropark again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
South East Queensland
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Not impressed at all with this hotel even though it showed 4 stars from Trip Advisor at the desk.
The room was stark and the beds were like wooden planks but until I moved from this hotel I was convinced that there were no comfortable beds in HK.
I booked this hotel at a Hong Kong Travel Centre and thought that we would stay put there for three nights before returning home but it was not till I got to the hotel that I realized we had not been book for the two remaining nights. I asked if we could stay three nights at the same rate as the first but was refused this request and in fact the quote for another one or two nights was twice the amount per night that we got for the first one...... being an accommodation owner I thought that this was rather poor thinking on their behalf but looking back it was rather good as I got to stay in a great hotel with fantastic staff for our final two nights.
Nothing in the room ranked anywhere near 4 stars and in fact I think I would rate it about a 2 star accommodation and that would be kind.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
HKWH, Manager at Kew Green Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Tripadvisor Member – ElizabethSEQ,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor, I am sorry to learn of your experience of a recent stay with us and your comments have been taken for our immediate review.

In order to cater for different guest preferences, a note has been in place on the bedside table indicating the availability of soft mattress and the choices of pillow in our hotel. We regret that it might have not drawn your proper attention to it. With our central location and easy access to The HK Convention & Exhibition Centre (HKCEC), hotel room rate is generally driven by room availability and the events taking place at HKCEC that would possibly explain the situation. We would sincerely solicit your kind understanding and are sorry for not being able to meet your expectation for this visit.

We understand that this might influence your choice with us in future, I would still look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you to our hotel and you may contact us at doo.hkwh@metroparkhotels.com if we can be of service to you.

Director of Operations
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in April. Booked this room for about 120 AUD per night on travelsmoove. I got to say, fantastic location! Not far from Pacific mall (can be a 15 minute walk) and lots of great places to eat nearby.

The room was nice a bit small but I guess that's just HK. We didnt have a view but then again we didn't spend much time in the room. it was clean and comfortable and had what we needed. Room was modern. Reception was nice and friendly. Will stay again in HK.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed here with my family for 8 nights, the hotel is located in excellent location, very clean and the room and bath looks good , Breakfast was good and the hotel I very near to subway stations, in the center of Wanchai area, nightlife and shopping is just a few steps from the hotel, causebay for shopping is just 10 mins walking or 2 ins through subway, the hotel overall is very good in term of location and I highly recommend that hotel for any couples or family looking for 4 stars service hotel in perfect location, I choose that hotel as my fav place to stay every time I will be at Hong kong.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Checked in last sept 7 to 9. Lots of bars around the area. Try insider bar just behind the hotel. Mtr station is around 3 blocks away. Tram station just across the street. Very accomodating staff. Front desk told us a very good club in central name was beijing club and another one is magnum bar.

• Stayed September 2012
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Really nice stay, very pleasant staff and would be more than happy to stay again, in fact I wouldn't bother looking, I would just book this hotel.

Very well located in the Wan Chai area of Hong Kong. Very safe area I found and walked around the bars very late. Great American hot dog place around the corner.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Brisbane
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Metropark Wanchai is in close proxitmity to all form of transports, shopping centres and tourist attractions. The MRT is very close and the buses are great as well. The Metropark is close to good value restaurants as well. The rooms are another of Metroparks great features, all cleaned well, beds are great and bathrooms immaculate. I have stayed at a number of other Wanchai hotels and I would prefer this hotel over the rest. I would without reservation recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room rate with WIFI included and then a room with wireless router.