“Just So So”
Review of Hongkong MK Hotel

Hongkong MK Hotel
Ranked #432 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Actually it's been at least two years since I've stayed at this place. While the location is great along with the price the room is quite small and windowless. I recall seeing pipes all over the ceiling of my room. But then again I've lived in China for several years now. Nothing fazes me anymore.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank tanyujie

Reviewed August 13, 2010

Whatever you do, dont, dont ,dont, dont ,do not even entertain the thought of booking this hotel.

There are Baghdad hotels in better condition than this place.

Other than the location which is good but in a really shaddy but atmospheric area this place does not have even a single redeeming quality.

Where do I begin?

The bed had one blanket, the shower towel was tiny, the shower and the toilet were in the same area. There was a big hole in the window and it was dark, cool and noisy. Tiny, unclean and expensive for what you get. I think this place cost 30 pounds a night! It not even worth 3 pounds!

Unless you are into some kinky role playing please spend a little more money and get a better hotel or have another look round for something better.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
6  Thank James_attree
Reviewed February 7, 2010

Great location; the reception area may fool you; the lifts are ok; the corridor gives cause for concern; but the rooms are your worst nightmare :-(
Bathrooms have exposed plumbing, poor fittings and faulty blinds, the bedrooms are cramped and furniture shoddy. None of the ceilings are lined, all services are exposed overhead. The decor is a revolting combination of mismatches.
The reception staff may at first seem friendly and helpful, but only until you hand over the money. Then they become belligerent and rude. The cleaners were the hotels saving grace, but they have little to work with.
Any savings you are offered are merely false economy, there are much better hotels at similar prices.
Worst hotel I have ever stayed in, and the worst value for money.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
5  Thank Sag_Dragon
Reviewed February 6, 2010

Its a few years since I stayed here and surprised to hear its got worse, if that was possible. We left it too late to get somewhere nice and unfortunately this was really the only place within our budget. It wasn't unbearable but the rooms were tiny, service nonexistent and the area is grubby. Fortunately we only stayed for a weekend so it didn't spoil the experience badly.
I've since learned that the best thing to do is stay on the other side of the harbour even if it means going out a bit.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank lff12
Reviewed February 5, 2010

This is the worst hotel i have ever been! Room is small, dirty and smell moldy. The bathroom is even worst; There are molds everwhere, toilet bowl is dirty, curtain is extremly dirty and you have to bath right beside the toilet bowl. The staffs are unfriendly and not helpful at all. We only stay 1 night at this hotel because we don't have choice (our airplane landed very late). We walked 3 hours in the morning trying to find another hotel to switch.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank chatlong
Reviewed January 27, 2010

We stayed at this hotel due to it's location, which I will say is good, but thats all it has going for it. The smallest rooms I have ever seen, The Largest forest of FUNGIS growing on the wall of the bathroom, and we had friends travelling with us also had the same problems with filth. After a full day out, we returned to find all our things had been gone thru and many items stolen. Trying to report to staff was more trouble than it's worth, first half an hour of sudden "No speak English" to Manager not available! I'd rather have slept in the street!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
9  Thank WorldTravller-CHC
Reviewed January 27, 2010

So terrible I dont know how to begin! I only booked for 1 night as the hotel I intend to stay for the period is fully booked for the 1st day, so I had no choice but to look for somehwere just to stay 1 night... but I really made a serious mistake! Staffs were neither friendly or rude, but thats not the main issue.. When I stepped into the room, OMG! Its like "Prison"! The bed fills the room, with only 2sq ft of moving space left! And the toilet is like those hollywood movies u saw, rundown and dirty, blinds that doesnt work(which is very important because the buildings are so close to the next block, and u could be seen from the outside at night when u switch on the lights!).. I didnt stay for the night, decided to carry my luggage and looked elsewhere.. So please take my advise, DON'T STAY HERE!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple