Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
$44
$44
Agoda.com
$39
Booking.com$42
Priceline$44
FindHotel$49
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I don't know why so many people complain about the size of the rooms in HK. They clearly did not do their research about HK before they came. In HK, you get what you pay for. If you want a big, Western style hotel room, then you are going to have to shell out the big bucks. The bathroom is admittedly a bit of a shock, but it wasn't anything worth demoting the hotel's rating because of it. The staff was friendly, though they do not speak English that well; I had to draw a picture of what was wrong with my room in order for one of the receptionists to understand. The location is great; close to the Mongkok MTR station. If you are traveling straight to the hotel from the airport, make sure you have landmarks and such to help the cab driver know where it is because mine didn't and dropped me off at the wrong place! The only things I did not like about the place is 1)the wifi was spotting depending on which floor you were on. I was originally on 8, and it was fine. But when I moved to 6, I had to use the 5th floor wifi and the 7F wifi was spotty as well. 2) on 6F, whenever someone used the bathroom upstairs, I could hear the pipes. 3) The other guests were too loud at some points, but the front desk was of no help because they didn't understand what I was trying to say. Also, the staff that was in charge of cleaning the rooms would often leave their walkie-talkies on early in the morning (around 7 am) so I could hear the loud conversation going on. But all in all, the place served it's purpose and was clean. That works in my book...

Room tip: Don't stay on the 6th floor!
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank CarmenSandiego2012
Reviewed June 18, 2012

As mentioned in other reviews the hotel rooms are quite small, however I didn't feel as though this made for a bad experience. Nothing really fancy about them however in a busy city like Hong Kong it would be strange if you intended to spend your entire holiday inside the hotel room, so the room size is perfect if you are going in and out. Location was ideal; close to shops, restaurants and mtr stations. The staff were friendly and were extremely helpful when asked for their help. The price is fair and I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Checked in Last April as a walk in guest. Checked in, had dinner, went to bed, and checked out. I've noticed that the staff were like robots (not to insult any AI's). What I'm trying to say is that everything was forgettable. Hope the management could show more appreciation to their guests. The room I stayed was okay and the hotel is clean. If you want everything express, I would reccommend this hotel. But if you want experience, find another one.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I was there few years back and this was the worst so called "hotel" I ever stay.I will never ever return there.

Space
terribly cramped. Paid about RM250 a night for a twin bed room. There is not even a place to put my luggage (I have only 1 normal size luggage bag) so I have no choice but to keep it under the bed. There is 1 foldable chair but you can't unfold to sit unless the room door is closed. Likewise, everytime one have to fold up the chair in order to open the door to go out.

Bath room
Not clean and very cramped, only can accommodate 1 person and that you can easily knock at something everytime turn around during shower. Window blind can't close properly.

Front desk service
Rude attitude. I am a Chinese Malaysian. I tried to be friendly and spoke my broken Cantonese with the young man at front desk and he just stare at me like one kind. Then I spoke to him in Mandarin as we are both Chinese but again he looked at me snobbishly as if I am from China mainland. Ended up I speak English to him bla bla bla...

No doubt Hongkong hotels are expensive but with RM250, you can get a proper 100% much better hotel- Dorsett Seaview Hotel, now changed name to Silka Seaview Hotel http://hongkonghotel.dorsettseaview.com.hk/, whereas Temple Street and Jade Street are just round the corner. I stayed at Dorsett Seaview Hotel during my following trip 2 years later and that place is highly recommended.

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Stayed @ tatami hampton a few years back actually. I would say you got what you pay for when staying in tatami hampton.

I didn't expect any friendly service from the staff, but everything is pretty much basic, room is EXTREMELY SMALL, bathroom is very small as well and somehow doesn't feel like bathroom though ours was quite clean.

The bed was okay and surprisingly ok for us (probably because we're too tired of walking all day).

Location-wise it's excellent as it's very near to ladies market area (nathan road, mongkok, yaumatei) and we could easily walk back to the hotel around 11-12 pm from nearby area.

Excellent location but I wouldn't stay there again unless I'm really tight on a budget.

Date of stay: April 2011