“Delicious Steak, Great Fun Ambiance”
Review of La Vache! SoHo

La Vache! SoHo
Ranked #659 of 13,474 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Description: La Vache! pays homage to the time-honoured tradition of Parisian entrecote steakhouses with a forward-thinking approach to the classic offering. With locations in Hong Kong’s SoHo neighbourhood and Hart Avenue in Tsim Sha Tsui, the lively brasserie serves a simple steak frites menu elevated to a new level: an organic green salad followed by richly marbleised and beefy USDA Prime ribeye and crispy.
Reviewed November 9, 2018

This place is delicious. Great steak and wine. Good price point. Unlimited fries which is always nice and fattening. Wait time is a bit over the top. I guess cause its so popular.

I always hate being told before I begin eating that you have to leave in 1.5 hour time. It just ruins any experience. Its like okay ready to kick me out before I begin my meal! Inviting. BUT I understand its HONG KONG and rental prices are insane and you have to turn over the table. So don't expect to linger there for too long.

Overall a great experience. Will come back.

Date of visit: October 2018
BlackSheepRest, General Manager at La Vache! SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2018

Hi catergrape,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed the food. We usually give return times as we do have other guests joining us later in the evening.

Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Angela
Restaurant Manager

Reviewed November 6, 2018

Took a bit of work to get to this restaurant. It's an uphill walk and by the time we reached, we were breathless. Good thing the line wasn't too long and we could sit whilst we waited. The waitress was really busy, and we didn't really know what to do, so we just stood there and waited. Finally, we were shown to our seats, and given a menu.

If you're expecting a huge host of choices on the menu, better adjust your expectations, because the only thing you'd be allowed to order would be drinks and dessert. The salad, steak and fries are the standard. The steak is not bad, but the fries were perfectly done. The desserts arrived in a cart at the end of the meal, and you're meant to choose which you'd like, then they'd serve it to you. Quite messy because the waitress upset a piece of the lemon pie.

There was very loud music playing, so not the greatest place to have a catch up with friends. We had to shout to be heard. Also, you might be placed at the same table with total strangers, which was slightly off-putting because it wasn't a budget restaurant. All in all, not one of the best restaurants I've been to.

Date of visit: October 2018
BlackSheepRest, Manager at La Vache! SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2018

Dear RaeLim,

Thank you for the detailed review and 4 stars.
We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the steak and fries, but do apologise about the pie casualty!

If you do have any additional comments, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Guest Relations Manager Max,
at max@blacksheeprestaurants.com

We do take your feedback to heart and hope you'll be back soon!

Merci Beaucoup,

Sabi
Restaurant Manager - La Vache!

Reviewed October 27, 2018

La Vache! is one of my favourite restaurants in Hong Kong and had another top notch visit on Thursday evening with 3 friends. As usual the music was loud (which some people don't like) but I love the atmosphere here, I think it encourages a different kind of vibe.

As always the restaurant was busy as we arrived at around 8.30pm, and we were told there would be a 90 minute wait. We had a chat with Prena on the front desk who was a delight to engage with and headed over the road for a beer whilst we waited. I must say she is the perfect member of staff for that role.

She gave me a call back after less than an hour and showed us to our table.

As always the salad was great, i love the simplicity of the dressing and it is always dressed perfectly, never too much or too little .

Moving onto the steaks we order 4x medium rare and they were all delicious. The thing I love about La Vache! is the consistency; I know i'm guaranteed a great steak at a great price. Having visited La Vache! countless times, only once I had to send a steak back as it was tough, but the one they replaced it with was one of the best steaks I've ever eaten.

Of course as well as all this you get the unlimited fries which are so tasty, I think they fry them in beef fat.

To drink I always go for the house red, a great accompaniment to the steak and again great value.

Date of visit: October 2018
BlackSheepRest, General Manager at La Vache! SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2018

Dear Thomas,

Thank you so much for the five-star rating.

We are thrilled to read this and hear you think so highly of us.

We hope to see you soon for frites and wine!

Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

If you want to eat and spend money at a place where
a) they tell you at the entrance already (after 90 min waiting) that you have to be done after 1 hour
b) you cannot talk with your company because the music is crazy loud
c) the waitress tells people that they are forced to order otherwise they will be charged...

then come to La Vache!

Date of visit: October 2018
BlackSheepRest, Manager at La Vache! SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2018

Hi Karl,
We are so sorry to read your comments. The last thing we want is for any guests to feel so frustrated. It sounds like there were miscommunications on our part and for that we profusely apologise. We offer all small parties an hour and a half dining time as we find it is more than enough time to enjoy our steak frites and as our frites are unlimited, we ask that all guests order individually rather than sharing. We are so sorry that you felt this was not communicated properly and that you felt rushed. We sincerely hope that you will visit us again and give us a chance to impress you and win you back. Please reach out to our Guest Relations Manager, Tamara at tamara@blacksheeprestaurants.com and we'll ensure your next dinner with us, is a 5 * experience.

Reviewed October 5, 2018

Greaaat shoestring fries! Unlimited but I am willing to pay if they charge. Steak is good too, but I was not impressed by. Service manner is stubborn and stiff until we ordered a bottle of wine. Staffs were not smiling like 22 Ships do.

Hi Chefgomdol,
We're really pleased you likes our menu but so sorry to hear that we let ourselves down with our service, This is doubling disappointing as we always pride ourselves on providing the best in hospitality to all out guests. Thank you for sharing this with us - we're certainly going to work on this to ensure it's a one off and that we impress you next time you visit and earn that 5th star.