Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong
$200
$157
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$234
Hotel ICON Official Website
$150
$121
Agoda.com
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
$144
$133
$178
$152
  • Pool
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
$97
$71
Hotel Direct
3,474 results
All reviewsifc mallblue barlung king heenexecutive clubinfinity poolbest hotels in the worldairport expressmichelin starchinese restaurantcity hotelharbour viewamazing hotelcentral districtconcierge serviceperfect staynespresso machinerooms are large
Reviewed February 3, 2007

This hotel has everything going for it - stunning views, unbeatable location, very chic decor and great facilities - except I was left wanting a bit more from the staff. That missing touch of warm and friendly service prevents me from giving it a top score.

Having arrived at this hotel right after our stay at FS Chinzan-so in Tokyo (see my review), we were immediately struck by the cool, and almost standoffish service we encountered at the hotel. The doormen seemed a step behind at times - chatting amongst themselves before rushing to open the door, the numerous security guards that stood through out the lobby, the perpetually busy Concierge desk, and the sense that they just work there, and nothing more.

Even if you are a business traveler that is there only for a short stay, as most of the guests seemingly were, I think the added touch of a warm greeting, and a genuine smile would do wonders in smoothing your stay at the hotel.

Aside from that, we were much impressed by the rooms which afforded great views and the spa/pool facilities which are absolutely without compare. The location can't be beat - a short walk away from the trains, bus terminal, and ferry service. And of course the mall as well as quick access to all the downtown areas.

I very much hope that the staff training can be improved to turn it from a good hotel to a great one as service is what really separates the two.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
17  Thank Beckett
Reviewed January 31, 2007

We stayed for about 12 days in the peak view room of Four Seasons. Must say that it was a good experience. The Plasma TV in the bathroom was a definitely great, it was amongst the best things in the room.

The hotel is centrally located with beautiful views. The service in general was good, though not very warm.

What I did not like as much was the decor of the rooms. It completely lacked color. It was not a very warm or welcoming room to come back to.

However .... I understand to each his own...some people must like it.

Overall I would say it was a good experience. I am not sure if I would come back to Four Seasons...I would rather try some other hotel....like the new Mandarin...because there was nothing exceptional that would get me back.

17  Thank genie29
Reviewed January 27, 2007

Four Seasons always belong to the upper echelon of the luxury range of hotels, and my past experience staying at Four Seasons has always be great. So I guess my expecations was high when I stayed here for a night at the deluxe harbourview room.

LOCATION : Par excellence. Right where the HK station & IFC mall is. It couldn't get any better. Be warned that walking to MTR is still quite a distance and involves juggling escalators/lifts between floors.

DECOR. The decor is modern oriental grande. I was disappointed that the the curtains are not automated, and that the ligh switches are ordinary switches, not quite integrated into a control panel. The best part of this hotel is the 42" plasma TV in the room, and the TV located at the long-bath. The room & bathroom is large by HK standards.

TOILETRIES. The L'occitane toiletries is a standard feature in most Four Seasons Hotel. It's a nice little touch. The shaving set is impressive !

SOFTWARE. Like the overall decor which is meant to be zen like, the staff are generally not warm and comes across to me as inexperienced. In this regard, I would rank JW Marriot significantly ahead of Four Seasons. Most Four Seasons staff are business-like and lacked warmth. The single most pleasant experience I have here is when I was checking out and a staff casually chatted with me in the lift. When I mentioned I am taking the Airport Express, he highlighted that the hotel provides a shuttle to the HK station. It was a relief for me because I was dreading walking to the station trawling along my luggage.

Most of all, a passenger sharing the same shuttle with me was livid when he was sent to the HK station instead of direct to airport by limousine.

CONCLUSION : Ok, this is supposely the chi-chi place and it was good experience. But if I were to make a choice between the Marriot & Four Seaons, I'd go for the Marriot anytime!!

• Stayed: January 2007
4  Thank MouMou
Reviewed January 26, 2007

We stayed at the Four Seasons Hong Kong for one night under the Urban Renewal Spa Package. We had just spent 1 month holidaying in Europe and the US, which included stays at hotels including FS in New York and Vegas. Let me say that Four Seasons in Hong Kong is WOW and anyone who complains about its price obviously has never stayed in similar hotels in London, New York or Tokyo. FSHK is a bargain compared to these cities and a whole lot better!!

We started off our stay with a 3 hour treatment in the Aqua Spa Suite which is just spectacular. Where in the world do you find a 500-600sq ft spa suite with floor to ceiling windows looking out to the HK harbour with a steam room, shower, huge vitality bath, day bed, change room and toilet that charges less than US$70 per hour for using it outside of your treatment? When we got hungry we just ordered lunch from the Pool Terrace menu and it was delivered to our room. The treatment was amazing but had some small problems, which when raised to one of the Spa Managers, was solved quickly and with the best customer service possible. The Spa has got to be the best in HK with amazing treatment rooms. The prices are also very very reasonable - US$120 for a 1 hour massage - where do you find that in other big city 5 star hotel spas?!?! We paid around US$250 at FSNY and St Regis Dana Point.

After our treatment we checked into the hotel and was upgraded from a deluxe harbourview to a huge harbourview suite. Everywhere we stayed in the US and Europe we never ever got any upgrades. The next morning we had breakfast in the Pool Terrace (excellent breakfast) and a swim in the heated pool. The hotel also kindly let us delay our check out to 2pm.

The hotel may be relatively new so there are some areas that they do need to improve. For example there is a DVD player in the room but the only available DVDs are for children. Would be nice to build up a DVD library for adults but it wasn't a big deal.

The hotel is located on top of IFC Mall which has many excellent restaurants and shops. The location is good too because you are well away from busy HK streets, yet conveniently located in Central. In most hotels in HK, as soon as you are out the front door you literally step onto a busy main street but here they have a little courtyard driveway out front.

WIth all hotels, the service really depends on its staff and you can't beat the staff in this hotel. They are all genuinely friendly, hard working and efficient. Everyone always there to help and greeting you by name and not expecting a tip. It's really service from the heart, which is what's great about Hong Kong.

I definitely recommend this hotel and think it's the best hotel in Hong Kong right now for both business and leisure.

20  Thank lovetotravelhk
Reviewed January 24, 2007

As a self proclaimed, highly critical hotel lover, this place was great. I chose the peak view king with an oriental motif on a high floor, and it was spacious, beautifully furnished with spectacular architectural details and abolutely amazing lighting, especially in the bathroom.

The service was great--Asian hospitality at its best.

We've stayed at many of the great hotels in the world, including 25 different 4 Seaons and this hotel along with the George V stands above them all.

A great, great hotel