“Fabulous experience with superb views”

Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong
Ranked #3 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Now this is what a luxury hotel stay should be like. We were picked up at the airport in one of the hotels Mercedes vehicles. Cold lemon scented towels and water were provided by the driver. The vehicle had wi-fi in it which allowed us to catch up on a few e-mails during the half hour drive. The coordination of our arrival was superb. As the car doors were opened at the hotel we were greeted by a staff member who took us right to the elevator and our room where we completed the check-in paperwork. We were upgraded to a lovely harbor suite which I highly recommend to anyone staying here. Fabulous views from both rooms. Each one having two very comfortable chairs in front of the windows. We truly enjoyed the evening views of the harbor after dinner with bottle of wine. We had afternoon tea in the Executive Club Lounge which had a wonderful selection of scones, sandwiches and desserts. Very attentive service in the Lounge which of course had a top floor view of Victoria Harbour. For dinner we went to Caprice in the hotel which was in itself an outstanding experience.
Some noteworthy items about the room: The bathroom was all granite and huge. No lack of space here. Huge soaking tub with a window to peek at the harbour. The closet was walk-in with ample space to hang and store items. The room had a partner desk which even included a printer and fax machine. Everything was very well though out in the design to include automated curtains. Very quiet.
Overall outstanding visit. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Best room is the Harbour View Suite.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Explorer12onthego
QuintonLu, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Explore 121,

Thank you for the wonderful review of Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong!

We are pleased to know that you had enjoyed every aspect of your stay, from the amenities offered on arrival, the design layout of accommodations to dining at our French restaurant Caprice. It is always a delight to receive feedback like yours as it shows our culture of creating memorable stays are truly embedded in our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your future travels to our vibrant city. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I am a regular guest at the Four Seasons and had regularly stayed here since the hotel first opened it's door in 2006. So I will consider myself a regular guest. I had always enjoyed this hotel, the rooms, the F&B and the service which were universally excellent.

Unfortunately, I think the standards have started to fall. The F&B is no longer so excellent, the rooms are starting to show it's age despite generally good maintenance. Most disappointingly, the service standards have fallen. In the past, it used to be warm, caring and attentive. Now, I find it no different then the corporate chain hotels. Gone are the warm smiles and friendly greetings.

A recent incident in particular that disappointed me was when I attempt to make a reservation thru my travel agent, I was offered a package rate at a higher price. When I asked if they can throw in laundry service, that was flatly refused without any consideration. I would have expected, given that I am a repeat guest and have for so many years supported the hotel, they would have given some thought and compromise about it.

The Four Seasons Hong Kong used to be my favorite hotel. However, I am boycotting this hotel for now until a later period in view of what happened. I hope the Management read this review and realize that they can do better to treasure their loyal guests.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank BENLEE123
QuintonLu, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear BENLEE123,

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong during your recent visit to our city.

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and would like to apologise for not meeting your expectations on this particular visit. Whenever possible, we try our best to accommodate requests from our guests and show our appreciation through a return guest program we have in place which includes gift certificates to redeem food and beverage and Spa services, as well as room upgrades etc.

Please know we take your comments very seriously as it helps us to improve our services in the future. I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your experience further as we greatly value your support. Please feel free to contact me directly at (852) 3196 8888 or email to generalmanager.hkg@fourseasons.com.

Thank you.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed here twice over the course of two weeks for four nights total, on our stop from USA to Vietnam and back again.

We had an incredibly lovely stay here. The level of attention to detail here was incredible. Here are just a few highlights:
Plenty of storage space, including ample space for a luggage rack, not visible to the rest of the room.
A box of chargers and network cables and adapters, conveniently located at the desk and neatly organized.
A car to transport from the Express Train to the hotel (which I really appreciated with my heavy bag), with nice cold water.
A table of pastries and coffee when we checked in at 6 am.
A plate of sweets for my sons, with a customized handwritten welcome note for each written in Chinese, English, Japanese and Korean and with adorable drawings.
A mall that is connected to the hotel, including a fabulous gourmet grocery store.
Adjoining rooms with logical layout.
Plenty of glasses for drinking water, with nice bottled water replaced each day.

Exceedingly comfortable bed, with absolutely no noise from the hallways or the outside.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
QuintonLu, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear SGNYC,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with customised and gracious service delivery, and I am delighted that we were successful in achieving this for you.

We truly appreciate your choosing Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong for the stopover stays and look forward to welcoming you and your family back the next time you visit our vibrant city.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

The hotel is located at Hong Kong station, and connected to IFC mall. But very expensive. About 1000 sgd a night for a harbor view room. U can take the airport transfer from the airport direct to Hong Kong station. It's a walk from the express train to the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located and it's located near to the ferry terminal. The staff is helpful. The Chinese restaurant is very popular and have a Michelan 3 star award. However u will need to book weeks advance for weekend dim sum.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear concur,

Thank you for taking time to share your kind feedback on TripAdvisor.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff helpful. Thank you also for recommending Lung King Heen, our Michelin three-star Chinese restaurant, to fellow TripAdvisor users.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

It's a four seasons, so obviously the rooms will be beautiful and the service will be impeccable. The fitness center is great with a view of the harbor, and the pool, while a little fussy for laps, is pretty swanky and also has a nice view. So for some other details: the main hotel bar (entry level) is underwhelming, but the restaurant Caprice has a fantastic bar with great decor and more intimate spaces. The location is great - easy walk all indoors from the HK train station if you take the airport express, and easy access to Star Ferry, Mid-Levels. Breakfast costs more than a room in most other hotels, but you can go to the IFC Mall for (overpriced) Western breakfast or to any number of good local restaurants within a three-minute walk for a traditional one.

Room Tip: Unless it's sunny, don't expect much from the harbor view. Peak view is pretty dramatic in i...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear JimInNWDC,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us here on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that the service you received during your stay was impeccable and was able to benefit from the central location of the Hotel.

I note your comment regarding our breakfast offerings. We will certainly take your feedback into consideration as we periodically review the pricing for our services.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Went in for a drink. Great selection of wines, cocktails etc.

Staff are fantastic. Service is exceptional.

Hotel is very close to the Star ferry on Hong Kong island on the waterfront.

We went in the bar just of the lobby and asked if there was a bar higher up with a view. So we were shown to the Caprice by a lovely lady who could not do enough for us. The Caprice bar is the most luxurious and tasteful bar we have ever been in.

The hotel is luxurious.

A real treat.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TimJames1963
QuintonLu, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear TimJames1963,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent visit to Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong.

I am delighted that we were able to create a positive impression when dropped by for drinks and that our staff took good care of you.

We hope to welcome you back when you next visit Hong Kong and maybe for a stay at the Four Seasons Hotel if we did not such a pleasure on this occasion.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

The Four Seasons Hong Kong is possibly the best urban hotel at which I have ever had the pleasure of staying. The hotel is very tastefully decorated with a wonderful Asian touch in the furnishings. The service is absolutely outstanding---even for a Four Seasons Hotel. In fact, I think the service is even better than George V, the flagship Four Seasons hotel. The Spa is amazing. Unlike many urban spas, the Four Seasons spa is truly an oasis of calm and relaxation----with a huge jacuzzi and warm water relaxation pool. The therapists are top notch. I had a great deep tissue massage along with reflexology and my jet lag woes completely evaporated. The restaurants and the bar each provided a very relaxed yet vibrant atmosphere which I really enjoyed. In summary, Quinton runs a great hotel----perhaps now my favourite urban hotel in the world. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Timothy M

Dear Timothy M,

Thank you for the kind words in this TripAdvisor review of your recent stay.

It was a real pleasure reading how much you enjoyed the stay, and also the Deep Tissue Massage at our Forbes Five-star Spa. I will be sure to share this with Shoshana, our Spa Director as I know she will be delighted to know this and share your feedback with her team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Hong Kong. Hope to see you soon.