We have always been a huge fan of Four Seasons hotels so we were looking forward to our stay at FS Hong Kong. As always it is the thoughtful little details that makes this chain of hotels stand out from the best of the rest as well as their wonderful staff. Although this was still the case in FS Hong Kong, for us it didn't quite match up to the wow factor of the hotel we stayed at first, the Ritz Carlton (just across the harbour in Kowloon).
We had wanted the very best view in Hong Kong in a superbly luxurious Club Suite to celebrate a special occasion & because we could not decide between the two, we spent a few nights in both. For us, for an incredible view & sheer luxury, a Suite at the RC has the edge. Although we could not fault the Four Seasons, for us it had more of a feel of a busy business hotel than we would have liked but that is just splitting hairs as it is a really excellent hotel.
The size of our suite was huge - far larger than other rooms in HK although the décor felt a little understated as was the main hotel lobby. The pool area is gorgeous and the spa is fantastic - even if you are not taking a treatment the relaxation area is second to none. The Club Lounge was excellent & it is so nice to be able to walk outside & soak up the views there. The main hotel lobby was always very busy so it was wonderful to be able to retreat to the Club Lounge.
As always, their attention to detail was fantastic - an email sent to us before our arrival so we could choose everything from our choice of pillows to drinks we would like in our mini-bar to music we would like on our CD player - now that is attention to detail!
The staff in the Club Lounge were all lovely & really helpful in suggesting the best itineraries for us. Nothing was too much trouble for them & thanks to them we fitted in everything we wanted to see & do into a very short time.
For us, although the view from The Four Seasons is fantastic, the best views are to be had from hotels on Kowloon side of the harbour. For an excellent way to see the sound & light show at 8pm, try the Aqua Luna junk sailing at 8:45 - a brilliant way to see the lights. The Ladies Night Market has the best bargains but also try Hollywood Rd for antiques or our favourite, Stanley market for excellent handicrafts - not only is it a great market but the location in the pretty seaside town of Stanley is a nice change from the city. If you are going to Lantau Island - try & get to the cable car station by 10am to avoid long queues & pay a little more for the Crystal cars - great views through the floor! If you don't mind catching the sunset at The Peak & leaving straight afterwards you will miss the long queues coming back down again. Whatever you do though, make sure you have enough time just to relax & enjoy the wonderful outdoor pool area at the hotel - fabulous even in November. An excellent stay at a fantastic hotel - very nearly perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the waterfront overlooking Victoria Harbour and the financial district, Four Seasons redefines luxury and excellence in a city renowned for exceptional accommodations. As part of the prestigious International Finance Centre, it offers unrivaled links to Hong Kong Station, with the famed Star Ferry steps away. In a city known for great dining, Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong is home to two Michelin starred restaurants - two-star French restaurant Caprice and Michelin three-star Chinese restaurant, Lung King Heen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Hong Kong
- Four Seasons Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong