“The way to start a trip”

Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong
Ranked #4 of 727 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We took the option of the Mercedes transfer after a long flight from Auckland and with a 4yo. Well this just started off the memorable stay at FSHK. On arrival we were advised of an upgrade to a suite which was on the corner of the floor layout. Great having separate lounge area for night when the little one went to sleep. Amazing facilities and nothing more that could be asked for. Great views of Hong Kong harbour. With the mall just below the hotel it had much of what we were after however things a little too much top end. We had breakfasts in the Blue Room which was beautifully laid out and the perfect way to start the day. Service was second to none throughout the hotel. Also used the transfer service on departure and was lead all the way to our own check in area. Thank you FSHK.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NorthlandProud
PeterDraminsky, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear NorthlandProud,

I was delighted to read your kind words following your recent stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong.

It was a pleasure to read that we have met your expectations throughout the different areas of the Hotel as we take great pride in our wonderful hotel and the service we provide our guests. The team here work hard to ensure our guests expectations are met on a consistent basis and I have, as with all the comments we receive, passed these on to them.

I do hope that you will come and stay with us again in the near future. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,284)

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our family returned to the Four Seasons Hong Kong for a one-week stay this time, and we departed with yet another wonderful experience with this hotel.

The 4S HK has plenty of positives that are consistent with its luxury brand. In the constant hustle and bustle of Hong Kong, returning at the end of day to our very spacious hotel room to relax was always something we looked forward to doing. We thoroughly enjoyed using the well-equipped gym and the outdoor swimming pools, both with the BEST view in HK directly overlooking Victoria harbor. The Spa is an oasis and the best place to relieve aching feet from all the shopping and walking around the city!

There are many nice touches that are fitting of its category. Service is excellent and expedient. Our in-room preferences from previous stays have clearly been noted as they appeared again for us this time. Impressive!

Like others, we always appreciate the convenience of having the hotel connected to the IFC Mall, MTR (Central subway station), in-town check-in counters/Airport Express train.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank llma99
PeterDraminsky, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Ilma09

Thank you for the time taken to write this detailed review of your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong. We love reading feedback from our regular guests!!!

The whole team here pride themselves on providing the best possible service to our guests and to continuously exceed guest expectations. We are indeed very fortunate that the hotel is ideally located for both the business and leisure travellers, and we are obviously delighted to know that you were able to benefit from this.

Thank you for your continuous support to Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were here with our toddler for a week. WE have had a fantastic stay. First I was a bit surprise that they still have carpet floors but everything else was just exceptional. We were especially pleased with how kid friendly they were. Even when we ran out of diapers that could help. FANTASTIC service and as usual great food quality.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had booked this hotel as a treat on a stop-over between Riyadh and Sydney with the room costing around £400 a night.

The hotel is fabulously located, 5 minutes walk from the Airport express though it takes a little finding through the shopping centre. Staff at check-in were extremely efficient and friendly, immediately presenting me with a courier package I was expecting. On entering my room it smelled very strongly of cigarettes so being a non-smoker made my way back to reception. They changed the room immediately and so no problem with that.

The room was harbour facing so had extraordinary views across to Kowloon. You really could sit and watch it for hours. The room is furnished to an extremely high spec with a good coffeee machine and the bathroom was excellent with L'Occitane toileteries.

So why a 4 rating and not 5? Two things:

- I was not that impressed with breakfast. Not because it wasn't very tasty but it just wasn't what I was expecting. For the price I had imagined an extravagant buffet with all manner of different options from around the world as I have experience at other hotels in Hong Kong, KL and Singapore. The breakfast here is split between 2 restaurants, one with a la carte and the other, in the bar, which is a buffet. I went for the latter and the ingredients such as the italian hams were of extremely high quality and the coffee excellent but the buffet choice was really quite limited. The cooked to order menu was simply eggs done in different ways. It is a niggle not a complaint but something future guests may wish to be aware of.

- I know this is Hong Kong and everything is expensive but do they really need to charge such massive prices for all ancillary services? From the spa to the room service menu everything is, in my opinion, unecessarily expensive. I needed to do some laundry and 5 shirts and a few other pieces set me back £120. They came back absolutely beautifully wrapped and packaged but really I just needed my shirts washing.

Perhaps I just picked the wrong hotel for my basic needs. Would I stay here again? With my wife for a special occassion, absolutely definitely, it is gorgeous. On my own passing through when I don't want to get dressed up to have a quick beer in the bar, probably not. The hotel serves a specific clientele and does this extremely well so it just depends what you are looking for.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a harbour view. Wow!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear tree888,

Thank you very much for taking time to write this review.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with only the best of service so I was glad we met most of your expectations. I am sorry that you were disappointed with one of the breakfast selections we offer. We appreciate this is an important part of any guest's experience and work hard on bringing them the best in food quality and a broader range of items.

I am sorry to note that you found our laundry prices to be high and appreciate your understanding on the high labour and general living costs in a city like Hong Kong. I would certainly like to hear more detailed feedback about your stay and how we could have served you better. Please do let me know via my email on how I may contact you for a personal follow up call. My email address is : peter.draminsky@fourseasons.com - it is much appreciated.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We have been following the reviews on tripadvisor of the Four Seasons in Hong Kong and based upon the reviews we arranged for the airport pick up and car service. We had let the hotel know in advance that we had a extra large bag that we wanted to store at the airport prior to proceeding to the hotel. The Hong Kong airport is so large it was very nice after a long flight from the States to have someone usher you through the airport, direct you to the left baggage and then into a cool, refreshing car for transport.

We had arrived early at the hotel, around 6 am and though I did not expect the hotel to have a room ready, they did have a room available. It was however a smoking room which we did not want so we decided to wait for a later check in time for a non smoking room, not a big deal as I would have not even expected the hotel to have anything ready that early.

We proceeded to the spa at the hotel. We wanted to work out the kinks after the long flight. This was the 1st spa on our trip of 4 spa's that we visited and I have to admit it was the nicest spa on the entire trip. The relaxing rooms and pools are as wonderful as the pictures look. When I was picked up for my massage I was a little dismayed at first; this small, middle age, un-assuming therapist -Linda came to pick me up. I learned never to just a book by its cover as she provided the most relaxing and intuitive massage. I felt like a million dollars after I left the spa.

We were lucky to then proceed to the weekend dim sum lunch at Lung King Heen. The views at the luncheon are wonderful and the dim sum is out of this world. It was worth every cent that we paid and I still dream of the pork buns!

After taking in the sights on Hong Kong for the rest of the day we went to hang out by the pool and take in the views. The pool is very nice and relaxing. The perfect place to cool off after a long day of shopping. The poolside service is excellent.

Our patience for a room was well rewarded as we were ushered up to the 42nd floor for our room with harbor views. The rooms are beautifully decorated and I felt like the rooms were quire large in terms of how much space was available. The bathrooms are beautiful and what I liked was plugs were easy to access for personal use.

We had breakfast in the morning at the Blue Bar. The food was delicious and I found that they had a good variety of offerings.

The next day after another day of sight seeing we cleaned up and had dinner at Caprice. It was a very special evening for us as it really started our vacation off. It has a romantic setting and the seating felt intimate. The view of the harbor again is really pretty and there aren't enough adjectives to describe how great the cheese course is. It lives up to the hype. The food and the service were also wonderful.

Our final send off from this wonderful stay, we took the train back to the airport from the hotel. We wanted to see how difficult this would be. The train was easy to navigate, very clean, quick and efficient.

Our stay at the FS Hong Kong was a great first stop on our summer vacation, I am already ready to come back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
PeterDraminsky, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear JSMana,

Thank you for posting this charming review of your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong. We are glad to know that you read some previous reviews about us prior to your arrival – indeed we have been blessed with some wonderful feedback.

We are especially delighted to read of the exceptional service you received from all of the team, and your compliments will be personally passed on to our Spa Therapist Linda who's been with us since the Hotel opened in 2005! We are very pleased that you had the opportunity to experience many of the facilities we have to offer including both of our Michelin-starred restaurants.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again, when you could enjoy many more of the fabulous facilities the hotel has to offer.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

you need a place where to rest in the super busy hong kong.....the luxury of four season is what you need....suite facing the harbour with a huge huge glass wall........the toilet is the best part of the room!!!!!check it out.....the only bad thing of all four season is the breakfast not included with the room!!!!really really frustrating

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bozerie

Dear bozerie,

Thank you for sharing your feedback in this TripAdvisor review.

It sounds like you had an enjoyable experience and we appreciate you recommending the Hotel to the readers. We do in fact have a Bed & Breakfast packag rate available; Please don’t hesitate to contact me in the future again if I can be of any assistance. I would be delighted to welcome you personally during a return visit to Hong Kong in the near future.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed here in August with our 4 year old daughter. After a longish flight from Auckland we were met at the air bridge and whisked through Customs and to our waiting Mercedes transfer to the Hotel. Do yourself a favour and use this service- it is worth every cent. On arrival we were advised we had been upgraded to a Suite on the 19th floor (room 1921). It was stunning. Completely glamorous with beautiful harbour views. Our daughter loved watching the helicopters come in to land as they were right in front of us before they turned to the landing pad. V.exciting. We felt so glamorous and this is way past a 5-star hotel. A gorgeous robe and slippers and treats for Miss 4. We had 4 days here and the was never one thing we needed. The hotel is above the IFC Mall which has all the usual high-end stores if that is what you are after. We also used the limo transfer back to the airport as we had a late flight to Paris and it was just as good.

We return through Hong Kong on our way home unfortunately our budget doesn't allow us to stay with FSHK again but doing it was well worth it. Congratulations on an excellent hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DCBAuckland

Dear DCBAuckland,

Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com

We are very grateful that you chose us to spend time with your daughter here in Hong Kong.

It is lovely to hear that you had a great time and thank you for complimenting the facilities and most importanly, the service we proviode. We are indeed very proud to have such a passionate team around us.

Please do come and visit us again.