“Highly Recommend”

Ranked #4 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Fullerton, California
“Highly Recommend”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed two nights for business and it was excellent.The room are very spacious and I like the bathrooms very much.The staff is incredibly helpful and eager to assist in any way possible.And the location was also perfect for business.Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (731)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Waikiki, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed January 20, 2013

what can I say ... it´s one of the paradise in the world you want to come back in that moment you are leaving it!
Nearly everything is in perfection for the guests ... very friendly staff, great rooms, perfect view over the harbour (as long as you have a room in this direction) ... if you have a problem ... they want to solve it ...
The facilities are just amazing ... it´s not possible to feel uncomfortable ...

Two points to say (but even then it´s a really great place!!) ... it´s pretty expensive but you get tea in this poor industrial way ... not fresh teas like you would expect for this price
The chinese 3-star Michelin Lung King Heen is great too but not this "WOW!" you would expect from a 3-star Michelin restaurant ...

If you have the money ... book also the possibility to use the executive club on the 45th floor ... just great there!

Will return in 4 weeks :D

Room Tip: rooms higher floors to the harbour if you have "the money" ... such a great view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I followed my husband on his business trip and we stayed in this hotel on 16 to 17 January 2013. For convenient sake, hubby booked through the hotel for its airport transfer to and fro the hotel and airport. We were well taken care off from the minute we landed until we say goodbye. Hotel staff waited for us just outside the cabin and brought us straight to the immigration check point by airport buggy. We then was greeted by another hotel staff who was waiting outside the arrival hall and brought us straight to the car. Hot, fresh handtowel and mineral water were given to make us feel more welcomed.

When we reached the hotel, we did not have to check in at the counter. Hotel staff brought us straight to our room and registration/check in process was done there..I felt like a VIP already  The room was spacious, love the dual-showerheads and toiletries from Loccitane. And what I love about the room most, it is equipped with a nespresso coffee maker…my unlimited coffee supply!

There was a slight glitch during our stay. We already booked transport to go to the airport upon check out. Being as cautious as he is, hubby checked with the reception to confirm on our booking. To our horror, the reservation was not done. Lucky we had an urge to check on it the night before. Nevertheless, the hotel was very apologetic and gave us a complementary room upgrade on our next visit…yup, dunno when will our next visit be :P hopefully sooner that I thought..

All in all, it was a very pleasant stay, the location was perfect…it is right in the heart of the central district…I will definitely come back, and claim for our room upgrade 

Cheers!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ClaireBlackshaw_FSH, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear BettyAbu,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your stay with us. While I am sorry to hear of the glitch that occurred with your departure transport, I am relieved we were able to work with you to fix it in good time and that your overall memory is one which means we will welcome you back again!

Until then, best wishes,

Claire
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed January 18, 2013

very clean, friendly staff, breakfast is plentiful, for every is guaranteed something for everyone, Hotel without headache to each be recommended. The location is very good, For a short break is for all age groups recommendable.Great hotel. Very competent advice at the front desk.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank hariabm2004
Sydney
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My partner and I came to this hotel on the last day of our holiday. After reading many reviews on Tripadvisor, we were sure we were not going to be disappointed. Having had interaction with the hotel already through email while booking dinner at Caprice, I found them to be very organised and friendly.

We arrived in Hong Kong around 2pm after a ferry ride from Macau and getting to the hotel was a breeze since the terminal was quite close by. Our room wasn't ready yet so we had yumcha at Lung King Heen, which was fantastic.

We were able to check in around 3pm and to our delight, we were upgraded to a Four Seasons Executive suite on the 28th floor. The panoramic view of Victoria Harbour from our room was unbelievable. The hotel also provided binoculars for that extra special touch.The living room and the bedroom were both very spacious and nicely designed. The bed was huge and comfy. The Sony TVs in both rooms were at least 55 inches and had an extensive range of channels. The bathroom was neat and the Bvlgari bath/shower products were very good. We were blown away by the size and splendour of our room we didn't want to leave.

Dinner at Caprice was very enjoyable and delicious and we especially liked the dessert. We had a drink at the Blue Bar which was good as well. When we came back to our room we found a bottle of sparkling wine and marshmallows with a handwritten card as a gift from the hotel congratulating us on our engagement. Special thanks to Mr McKay!

My partner had an aromatherapy massage at the Spa above the pool and she enjoyed it very much. We went to the pool area the next day for a swim and the staff there were very hospitable, not only giving us a tour of the place but also bringing us drinks without us asking.

We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful despite being very busy. The location of the hotel is great too being next to the IFC building with great shopping and food. The only downside was the slow elevators which took ages to come and seemed like it was always full.
We recommend the Four Seasons to everyone and it has definitely become our number one hotel in Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Corner suites have fantastic views and are very spacious.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ShionKai
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at Four Seasons Hong Kong for a couple of days in early Jan for our 5-year anniversary trip. It was excellent overall. The front desk and concierge people were very friendly and helpful. The 3-michelin star cantonese restaurant lung heen king was very nice and we dined there twice, once a la carte and once for the business pre-fix lunch menu (a little bit pricy for a la carte especially if you want to try exotic dishes but definitely worth the money). The harbour-view room was a splurge, unbeatable view. The pool and spa was wonderful as well. The hair salon does not belong to Four Seasons but the staff there did a wonder to my messy hair!

However, all being said, one day we accidentally walked into a housekeeping session as we forgot something in the room. When we entered, the guy said sorry and excused himself temporarily. I saw all the dirty and wet towels I left in the bathtub were piled on the bed (on the side I sleep). What was the worst, even the dirty foot mat meant for the toilet was thrown on my bed as well! I was so angry that I pushed everything on the floor immediately. I did not want to make a huge scene and make the guy lose his job. When I mentioned this to the concierge the next day, they simply asked if I want to change to another room. Shouldn't they at least offer an upgrade or something? That's fine with me as we are leaving for Macau that day anyway. But to me, a five-star hotel with an poorly-regulated housekeeping is like a nice shearling coat with a ramshackled lining. True, housekeeping normally is like a black box. You never know what's going on unless you view it on a camera or accidentally walk into a session. But we chose to stay with Four Seasons Hong Kong and paid the premium for impeccable service and hygiene. This was least I expected, such a gross housekeeping session...The hotel should really put more efforts in disciplining their housekeeping department to match their shining appearance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank cocoDRM
MimiCheung_FSH, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear cocolinlin,

Firstly, please allow us to express our sincere apologies for the disappointing experience during your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong.

We note your comment regarding the housekeeping service and have shared this with the relevant department for their review and follow up. All our room attendants are trained to ensure rooms are made up following certain housekeeping procedures and we are sorry that the staff in question failed to do so on this particular occasion; as maintaining a hygienic environment for our guests is of utmost importance to us. Please rest assured we take matters like this very seriously and action has been taken to prevent the repetition of such incident.

We sincerely hope to have the chance to restore your confidence in us in the future and to welcome you again. Guest reviews like yours enable us to monitor our standards so we very much appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts here on TripAdvisor.

Mimi Cheung
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This was my second stay at the Four Seasons Hong Kong, and it continues to be outstanding. The rooms are large and immaculate. I had a great view of the harbor and Kowloon out my window. Breakfast buffet is delicious. The service is over the top, with tons of helpful staff all around. Location in the Central district is great, walkable to the major office buildings and connected to the big mall there. There is also a beautiful outdoor pool, with great views. I love the fitness center, which is modern and has plenty of machines and is fully stocked with fruit, Fiji water, and refrigerated washcloths. I think this is one of the top hotels under the Four Seasons flag. I will always stay here when visiting Hong Kong.

Room Tip: I use the Amex fine hotels deal to get room upgrade, free breakfast, and spa credit.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business