“Classy and Excellent Fecilities”

Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong
Ranked #3 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed January 18, 2013

very clean, friendly staff, breakfast is plentiful, for every is guaranteed something for everyone, Hotel without headache to each be recommended. The location is very good, For a short break is for all age groups recommendable.Great hotel. Very competent advice at the front desk.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank hariabm2004
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong

Reviewed January 18, 2013

My partner and I came to this hotel on the last day of our holiday. After reading many reviews on Tripadvisor, we were sure we were not going to be disappointed. Having had interaction with the hotel already through email while booking dinner at Caprice, I found them to be very organised and friendly.

We arrived in Hong Kong around 2pm after a ferry ride from Macau and getting to the hotel was a breeze since the terminal was quite close by. Our room wasn't ready yet so we had yumcha at Lung King Heen, which was fantastic.

We were able to check in around 3pm and to our delight, we were upgraded to a Four Seasons Executive suite on the 28th floor. The panoramic view of Victoria Harbour from our room was unbelievable. The hotel also provided binoculars for that extra special touch.The living room and the bedroom were both very spacious and nicely designed. The bed was huge and comfy. The Sony TVs in both rooms were at least 55 inches and had an extensive range of channels. The bathroom was neat and the Bvlgari bath/shower products were very good. We were blown away by the size and splendour of our room we didn't want to leave.

Dinner at Caprice was very enjoyable and delicious and we especially liked the dessert. We had a drink at the Blue Bar which was good as well. When we came back to our room we found a bottle of sparkling wine and marshmallows with a handwritten card as a gift from the hotel congratulating us on our engagement. Special thanks to Mr McKay!

My partner had an aromatherapy massage at the Spa above the pool and she enjoyed it very much. We went to the pool area the next day for a swim and the staff there were very hospitable, not only giving us a tour of the place but also bringing us drinks without us asking.

We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful despite being very busy. The location of the hotel is great too being next to the IFC building with great shopping and food. The only downside was the slow elevators which took ages to come and seemed like it was always full.
We recommend the Four Seasons to everyone and it has definitely become our number one hotel in Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Corner suites have fantastic views and are very spacious.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ShionKai
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at Four Seasons Hong Kong for a couple of days in early Jan for our 5-year anniversary trip. It was excellent overall. The front desk and concierge people were very friendly and helpful. The 3-michelin star cantonese restaurant lung heen king was very nice and we dined there twice, once a la carte and once for the business pre-fix lunch menu (a little bit pricy for a la carte especially if you want to try exotic dishes but definitely worth the money). The harbour-view room was a splurge, unbeatable view. The pool and spa was wonderful as well. The hair salon does not belong to Four Seasons but the staff there did a wonder to my messy hair!

However, all being said, one day we accidentally walked into a housekeeping session as we forgot something in the room. When we entered, the guy said sorry and excused himself temporarily. I saw all the dirty and wet towels I left in the bathtub were piled on the bed (on the side I sleep). What was the worst, even the dirty foot mat meant for the toilet was thrown on my bed as well! I was so angry that I pushed everything on the floor immediately. I did not want to make a huge scene and make the guy lose his job. When I mentioned this to the concierge the next day, they simply asked if I want to change to another room. Shouldn't they at least offer an upgrade or something? That's fine with me as we are leaving for Macau that day anyway. But to me, a five-star hotel with an poorly-regulated housekeeping is like a nice shearling coat with a ramshackled lining. True, housekeeping normally is like a black box. You never know what's going on unless you view it on a camera or accidentally walk into a session. But we chose to stay with Four Seasons Hong Kong and paid the premium for impeccable service and hygiene. This was least I expected, such a gross housekeeping session...The hotel should really put more efforts in disciplining their housekeeping department to match their shining appearance.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank cocoDRM
MimiCheung_FSH, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear cocolinlin,

Firstly, please allow us to express our sincere apologies for the disappointing experience during your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong.

We note your comment regarding the housekeeping service and have shared this with the relevant department for their review and follow up. All our room attendants are trained to ensure rooms are made up following certain housekeeping procedures and we are sorry that the staff in question failed to do so on this particular occasion; as maintaining a hygienic environment for our guests is of utmost importance to us. Please rest assured we take matters like this very seriously and action has been taken to prevent the repetition of such incident.

We sincerely hope to have the chance to restore your confidence in us in the future and to welcome you again. Guest reviews like yours enable us to monitor our standards so we very much appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts here on TripAdvisor.

Mimi Cheung

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This was my second stay at the Four Seasons Hong Kong, and it continues to be outstanding. The rooms are large and immaculate. I had a great view of the harbor and Kowloon out my window. Breakfast buffet is delicious. The service is over the top, with tons of helpful staff all around. Location in the Central district is great, walkable to the major office buildings and connected to the big mall there. There is also a beautiful outdoor pool, with great views. I love the fitness center, which is modern and has plenty of machines and is fully stocked with fruit, Fiji water, and refrigerated washcloths. I think this is one of the top hotels under the Four Seasons flag. I will always stay here when visiting Hong Kong.

Room Tip: I use the Amex fine hotels deal to get room upgrade, free breakfast, and spa credit.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MSB1203
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The FS Hong Kong is among the best hotels at which we have ever stayed. Though not flawless, the hotel came close to being perfect. Our experiences with the concierge were terrific, even before we arrived. They had suggestions for everything, including detailed information on arriving from the airport late at night, where to eat, where to shop. The suggestions were spot on, at least for us. We ate at Caprice, as a treat, and the service and meal were first rate--though we had to cancel our dessert after they bought yet another treat after the main course. We simply could not finish a three-course dinner here. Breakfast in the lounge was great, though we were less impressed with the Blue Bar (which seemed to be hurrying us along, because they close at 10:30). The Bar itself was not great in the evening; the drinks were fine (not great), but it was a little too loud to have a decent conversation. The spa was, simply, the best hotel spa we have ever used--and we got just about the best massages we ever had. The rooms are large--ours faced the harbor--and extremely comfortable. In short, we had no complaint bigger than what's above, or in other words, nothing to complain about. We thought the hotel, especially if you can book through a FS Preferred Partner, provided great value for money, despite it not being pricey.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ALKDVS
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Start of our honeymoon with this hotel and it didn't disappoint. From the incredible room to the dinner at the 3 Michelin starred Chinese restaurant (with some of the best sea eel I have ever eaten), I am hard pressed to find a fault with the Four Seasons.

The best bit? The proximity to everything and the views! Outstanding!

Room Tip: Harbour view!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank docmh
Reviewed January 9, 2013

You expect nothing less than excellent service when you stay at a reputable hotel brand such as the Four Seasons. This was not the case during our most recent stay.

1. We stayed a total of two (2) nights and on our second night, our turndown service was not done before arriving at our room past dinner. I had to request housekeeping for our turndown which was a little disappointing.

2. There were no bedside chocolates during our whole stay. Again, I had to call housekeeping about this which they gladly sent to us only after my request. I remember during my last stay at the Four Seasons Hong Kong, chocolates were always left by your bedside as a standard operating procedure.

3. I requested for a late checkout the night before our departure. I was told that this was not possible as the hotel was fully booked. What came as a surprise to me was that upon mentioning to front desk that we had five (5) rooms booked for my entire family, they decided to change their minds and gave us a 1 pm checkout time. Did I really have to mention the number of rooms before agreeing to our request? I felt a little offended.

Everything becomes much worse knowing that we all paid approximately USD 900/night for each of our five (5) Deluxe Peak View rooms. It is only natural that one becomes a bit more demanding with the details of excellent service especially if you are billeted at the Four Seasons.

To end on a positive note, rooms are large and very clean.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SXMX
MimiCheung_FSH, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Saxmax,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us in this TripAdvisor review.

We were very concerned with the several deficiencies in service you had experienced during your recent stay with us. We have noted your comment in regards to the housekeeping service. We constantly look for ways to improve upon our service and are sorry that you had to call to request for the turndown service and amenity.

Whenever possible, we will try our best to accommodate late check out requests. It had been a busy month in December with the hotel running high occupancy most days which made this a challenge for us and we sincerelt apologise that this was not well handled by the staff.

We are sorry that on this occasion, our staff did not meet your reasonable expectations. Please be assured these matters have been addressed with the departments concerned for improvement. We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Four Seasons in the future and thank you again for your taking time to write the review. Meanwhile, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Mimi cheung