“Excellent service and great hotel.”

Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong
Ranked #3 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I found the Four Seasons HK to be a great hotel. Due to the nature of my trip (business) I was extremely busy and it was amazing that all my requests were addressed immediately with no fuss. The reception and concierge desks were fully staffed which meant 5-6 people working at all times and so I never had to wait in line and the staff were very efficient and courteous as well.

Besides the great service, the hotel itself was also impressive, as one would expect from a Four Seasons brand hotel. My room on the 40th floor had breathtaking views of the city and the room furnishings were new and comfortable. The size of the room (standard) was also fairly generous.

The hotel is linked to the IFC mall which was very convenient and the location with respect to sightseeing options and shopping malls etc. was also good.

It was a comfortable and memorable stay over all. I haven't stayed in any other hotels in Hong Kong but the Four Seasons HK compares favourably to the best hotels in Beijing and Shanghai where I have stayed in the past.

There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong

Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was absolutely huge spanning forty five levels. As such I feel it didn't have a very personal touch. I appreciate it when people remember my name. There was one staff member at the executive lounge who remembered me which I appreciated, however with all other staff members they seemed high strung and distant. Wherever I went I would always be given the once over and asked or my room number and my name to me it seemed almost as of they needed to screen you constantly which I find annoying (I think my casual look and flip flops didn't help). I guess given the size of the hotel and the many people walking off the street they needed to do this howeve it just kind of annoyed me. Otherwise it was a wonderful stay. Make sure you get the executive lounge package the food and drinks alone is easily worth the cost, the view is spectacular.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed May 2, 2012

From the friendly greeting off the flight to seamless check in and a welcome view of the harbour one cannot help but feel at home. In room dining and the restaurants are marvellous. Everyone goes the extra yard to be helpfull from the room staff to the business center. A haven in which to de-stress during business trips in Hong Kong. The pool a must with Hong Kong laid out before you.

Room Tip: Higher is always better.
Reviewed May 2, 2012

First trip to Hong Kong. Did use the limousine service from the hotel, from door to door via immigreation etc. everything went just perfect. We booked a premier deluxe harbour view room: fantastic view, clean, everything you need is available. Service is excellent and very discreet. We adored the Spa (try out the jet lag revival), the swimming pool, the restaurants (see separte reviews). Conscierge very helpful and gave the good/right information. Will be back (hopefully) soon.

Room Tip: The higher the better...
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We usually stay in Kowloon during our yearly family shopping/vacation in Hong Kong. This change was a great decision. Being in Central, known as the Business District, shopping out of IFC Mall (which is connected to the hotel) is quite a hike. Despite the rain during the 4 out of our 6 day stay, there are walkways that connect to other malls and establishments. The concierge can give you a map and directions in case you need help. My daughter loved her complimentary milk and cookies while soaking in the tub every night. It was supposed to be just for the first night but every time we get back every night, fresh milk and cookies were there. One day, during a rather hard rainy day, I decided to be left behind and go shopping on my own, while Housekeeping was cleaning our room and I was still too lazy to go out, the Assistant Manager went to check on me, as a relative mentioned that I was all alone. Complete opposite from the "service" you get from DOUBLETREE SUITES TIMES SQUARE, not to mention the UTTER DISRESPECT from the VP of Highgate who thought he was speaking to a child. My complaint was someone walked in while I was in the bathroom (NOT HOUSEKEEPING) and THEY MADE IT ALL ABOUT THE LOSS OF MY DAUGHTER'S iTouch. In Four Seasons, I felt SAFE, even by myself. All our laptops, iPads and iTouch were left out in sight and nothing was lost. The infinite pool was refreshing after a long day of shopping and if the shopping was not enough of an exercise, they have an excellent gym. The hotel driver who would brought us to the airport train provided us with Fiji water bottles. Four Seasons know how to treat their guests and make them feel at home. SUPERB!!!

Room Tip: Our suite was on the 21st floor and we have no complaints. We have a view of the buildings and mount...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank jcfl70
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and it did not disappoint.

We stayed in a peak view room for 6 nights on a room and breakfast deal. It is NOT cheap, but you do get a lot for your money.

The room was huge. We were lucky to be on the 43rd floor and the view was amazing. The floor to ceiling windows mean that the room always feels light. There were two of us with clothes for over two weeks and there was plenty of storage. The bathroom is equally large with two sinks, separate shower and separate toilet. The smells are lovely and there are generous quantities.

Breakfast options were your room, the lounge or the blue bar. We used the bar each day which had an excellent buffet with lots of hot and cold options. The chinese dumplings and noodles were particularly good.

The gym is very good with lots of aerobic and resistance options including swiss balls; it is on the 5th floor and has a great view across the harbour.

The outdoor pools are fabulous and if you are on a leisure break are ideal. They are at 6th floor level and the view of Hong Kong is amazing. There are plenty of loungers and the staff are very attentive. They provide sun tan lotions, a regular supply of delicious nibbles, topped up fresh water etc.

We found all the staff at the hotel helpful and friendly.

The hotel is located next door to the ifc mall, in fact it has it's own entrance which is handy. The mall has lots of coffee shops, an apple store with free wifi and a wine shop on the top floor. The airport express terminates here too and the hotel provide a free shuttle to and from the station.

One small gripe (like many other top hotels) they charge for wifi.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheHolidayQueen
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Without doubt, from before arrival, right through to the end of the trip, the Four Seasons provided an unquestionable superb service. The only reason I have not given it 5 stars is because it was a rather soulless building lacking any wow-factor. One usually walks in to a Four Seasons foyer and is blown away by the huge contemporary flower display's they do so well. But to be honest, I felt walking into this Four Seasons had all the wow-factor of a 1970's Hilton. Though, to be fair, many Chinese hotels look to me like they were designed in the 1970's, so it's a rather big surprise when you find out they are only a few years old. This particular Four Seasons is part of a huge shopping mall - and shopping malls, in my opinion, deliver as much excitement as a visit to a bland sterile hospital. But what does very much go in the HK Four Season's favour is the outdoor swimming pools. It was very hot the few days we were here - and it was pure luxury being able to have an outdoor swim and laze by the pool being brought little treats by the attentive staff. Outdoor pools in China are a rarity, so if you visit HK when it's hot, sticky and humid, and you want an outdoor swimming pool, make sure you do some research. If I was to return to HK and I knew the weather would be hot, I probably would stay at the Four Seasons again. But if I was to visit during the winter I'd be likely to look for a more visually interesting hotel. I certainly wouldn't stay again at the Mandarin Oriental as that is incredibly dated - and sadly The Peninsula over in Kowloon has also become a series of bedrooms attached to a shopping mall of designer labels. Is there really no getting away from designer-logo-hell in Hong Kong?!

I'll just add that we were on one of the Club floors, and I do think it worth the extra cost. But again, the Club Lounge was rather dead and soulless. The staff who work the Club Lounge were all excellent except for one little man who told me off for taking a glass of wine to my room as a nightcap. Needless to say I ignored him.

Room Tip: I don't think it is worth paying for a harbour view. You are going to be getting a harbour view...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends