“Yucks”

68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 147 helpful votes
“Yucks”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

This Disneyland is by far the smallest of all. The place is catered for mainly for the Chinese mainlanders. I estimate that 90% of the crowd are from China. I have no issue with this but I do have an issue with overcrowding though it is not as bad as the one in Tokyo. The average wait in HK Disneyland is about 40 -45 min for each ride

I had visited this about 10 years ago and I did not notice any significant change in its attractions.

1 Thank Chung1234

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Summer Disneyland”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Second trip to Disneyland after 18 months, this time we did not stay at the hotel. The MTR to Disney was convenient and affordable. We bought the two day tickets, arrived at 5pm on a saturday on the first day. The Q was not too bad. Went back on a monday at 330pm just in time to watch the Fantasy Parade. I must MUST must commend and applause the Disney crew for this. They braved the hot summer sun at 330pm to give a great parade. They did all the stunts in the hot sun, smiled and played with the crowd throughout. Well done! Loved the aircon Q at Small World. Lovely! the 60 mins Q at Autopia was awful. It was so hot and stuffy that one lady next to me vomited, but still continued to Q. They did a good job organising the Q, but I suggest adding some mist fans to the Q (for those hot summer days) especially those in the stuffy areas. The other thing that would help greatly would be to fix some benches to the railings. Instead of fixing hand bars, why not fix those that can also be used as benches for those waiting? that would help greatly! Adding some relevant cartoon TVs would also be a plus point. The first time I visited it was winter so we had great weather. But I think Disneyland should also consider doing something during summer to help with the heat, like the mist fans, adding some 'tents' and more resting places. Second day, we were more prepared with umbrellas, but umbrellas can be a poking nuisance too. For the two days we were here, did not have any opportunities to take pictures with any of the characters, and did not see any. Is it because it was too hot for them?

Sydney, Australia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Fun but avoid Summer holidays”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My family and I visited Hong Kong Disneyland in the July school holidays. It was a fun day out but it was very, very busy and very, very hot. There were sadly many rude people who barged and pushed their way around and in front of us.
We went on the quintessential Disney rides like the tea cups and the 'Its a small world' boat cruise as well as seeing the fantastic Lion King show. There were tons of great rides but in most the queues were just a bit too long. My advice is to try and go there in the cooler months and definitely out of holiday time.

Manila, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SUPER FUN”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

truly the happiest place on earth.
Make sure to arrive in the morning for the opening and stay until the fireworks. And bring extra clothessss hehehe
Great Great experience

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great day”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We are a disney family - through and through. My hubby and I decided to spend the afternoon at HKD, even though it was just the two of us. Disney magic started at their private subway stop, complete with Mickey windows and handholds. While this is a much smaller park, we found we were able to really enjoy the rides - which were different even if they had similar names. Asian experience motion different than Americans and the rides reflect those differences in engineering. We loved it! On our favorite rides, we went through as often as we liked. We would definitely come back w our kiddos. Fun and uniquely it's own park in the disney franchise.