“Just another average theme park”

Hong Kong Disneyland
Ranked #15 of 840 things to do in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: Grand Opening: September 12, 2005
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Being Disney we were so looking forward to a trip to this amazing park, but once inside it was disappointment. The park was small and full of tourists from mainland China who were rude and like pushing in. I am not racist because I am Chinese myself but on several occasion I was fuming because some guys were trying to push in front of me...
Apart from that the park was too small to accommodate the huge amount of tourists, the queuing time was around 45 mins to 1hour which even my 6 yrs old daughter was fed up about.
The foods were way over priced and there were no benches for people to sit down and enjoy a drink or snacks. Overall being a grown up I was very disappointed but the kids (3 and 6 yrs old) still love seeing all the Disney characters and the parade, but they must do something about the queuing time so not to disappoint the children.

1  Thank LiFamily126

Reviewed February 27, 2013

this was a fantastic attration as if i was 6 years old enjoying every moves of the disney character, even taking pictures together, it always a rush to cue to get closer mickey & minnie mouse, so relaxing and enjoying every moments in the place and in the evening are flashes of light and the fire works its awesome...

1  Thank emma a
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We went for a family day out. I found the park to be very small. Even at a leisurely pace, we walked the whole park in about six hours.
I am a big disney fan but somehow this park wasnt as exciting as the others ive seen.
Not to mention, there were a lot of chinese children who could not wait to get to the restrooms and were using treating everything from attraction walls to trashcans to plants as their urinal!!
Also, something i havent seen at other disney parks.

What i didnt like about the popcorn stalls was that most stalls wernt making them fresh, they had been prepared earlier and packed :(
We had lunch at the Banquet in Fantasyland. The portions of the food were medium but the taste was very dissappointing. I could easily get much better tasting food for ten times less the price in any restaurant outside.
The attractions were good though. I loved the Lion King show, full of energy.
Overall it was a fun day but i dont think il go back again.

2  Thank KohliAlyson
Reviewed February 25, 2013

As Disney experiences go, it was great for what it was -- which is essentially a downscaled version of the larger 'world' version found in Orlando.

The staff and services are all up to standard and the kids are all having a great time - which is the point, right?

But we were two adults traveling without kids, so realistically, this park isn't targeting us as it's primary audience (nor should it be).

So if you're traveling with kids -- it's a great time. But if you're adults looking to reconnect with your inner child and with Disney, it's a bit limited.

But it's still Disney which makes it pretty special and watching all the kids enjoying themselves will still put a smile on your face!

1  Thank Suzanne C
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went when my daughter was 5 and again when 8. Absolutely perfect for meeting characters, going to shows and going on the less adventurous rides. She's not into those huge rollercoaster type rides, whereas with a bunch of 12 year old boys, they'd probably think its all lame. We had an absolute ball both times and loved Christmas theme the first time and the Chinese / Halloween / Disney mash up on our second visit. Well worth the visit and the Disney Hotel experience is fun and affordable too.