“The park is okay but the food is not”

Hong Kong Disneyland
Ranked #15 of 851 things to do in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: Grand Opening: September 12, 2005
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We went for a family day out. I found the park to be very small. Even at a leisurely pace, we walked the whole park in about six hours.
I am a big disney fan but somehow this park wasnt as exciting as the others ive seen.
Not to mention, there were a lot of chinese children who could not wait to get to the restrooms and were using treating everything from attraction walls to trashcans to plants as their urinal!!
Also, something i havent seen at other disney parks.

What i didnt like about the popcorn stalls was that most stalls wernt making them fresh, they had been prepared earlier and packed :(
We had lunch at the Banquet in Fantasyland. The portions of the food were medium but the taste was very dissappointing. I could easily get much better tasting food for ten times less the price in any restaurant outside.
The attractions were good though. I loved the Lion King show, full of energy.
Overall it was a fun day but i dont think il go back again.

2  Thank KohliAlyson
Write a ReviewReviews (13,891)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

As Disney experiences go, it was great for what it was -- which is essentially a downscaled version of the larger 'world' version found in Orlando.

The staff and services are all up to standard and the kids are all having a great time - which is the point, right?

But we were two adults traveling without kids, so realistically, this park isn't targeting us as it's primary audience (nor should it be).

So if you're traveling with kids -- it's a great time. But if you're adults looking to reconnect with your inner child and with Disney, it's a bit limited.

But it's still Disney which makes it pretty special and watching all the kids enjoying themselves will still put a smile on your face!

1  Thank Suzanne C
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went when my daughter was 5 and again when 8. Absolutely perfect for meeting characters, going to shows and going on the less adventurous rides. She's not into those huge rollercoaster type rides, whereas with a bunch of 12 year old boys, they'd probably think its all lame. We had an absolute ball both times and loved Christmas theme the first time and the Chinese / Halloween / Disney mash up on our second visit. Well worth the visit and the Disney Hotel experience is fun and affordable too.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

It was really a dream come true for me when I finally reached Disneyland. The place is just like what I've imagined! All the Disney characters are there and it was really breath taking for me. I get to meet and see the Disney Princess. There's a parade happening every 3pm I guess. Anyways, the map has all the schedules. If you visit Hongkong, Disneyland is definitely the place you shouldn't miss.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The options of rides in disneyland were good. Its surly a one day fun day. When i visited, it was Hallowen week, so had fun with scary rides as well. You really wont miss company, even if you go alone