“A magical day!”

Ranked #15 of 830 things to do in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: Grand Opening: September 12, 2005
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

My partner and i visited HK Disneyland on a Monday which was great as it wasnt too crowded. The most we had to wait for any line or attraction was 15 minutes. We stayed from about 11 - 7 and saw everything we wanted to. It was a magical great day. We highly recommend the shows - both lion king and the golden mickeys. The parade was great too. The rides were ok but we knew going in that this Disneyland is not geared to adrenaline rushes. Im a big kid so i loved the fantasy of the place and reminded me of my childhood. I would return! The only negatives are the other tourists - they can be so rude and pushy. The food is exxy but as long as you prepare for it thats ok.

2  Thank Lauren R
There are newer reviews for Hong Kong Disneyland

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

So much to see and do~

There's something for the young and the old. Its our 2nd time there and we're still enjoying it. We just cant get enough of the souvenir stores. We did not try all the rides though. But we love the Space Mountain which is a indoor space roller coaster ride. The kiddie rides brings you back to childhood :)

We will be back again for sure!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

In a span of one year, I've been here two times and I still wasn't able to see ALL of the attractions. Too many sights to see so one day is definitely not enough! So many different 'lands' to see, but you SHOULD visit Adventure Land and Fantasy Land-- these are my favorites!

My first time here was in February and we were glad that we had the opportunity to try the rides because when it was around 3pm already, lots of people arrived, which made it almost impossible to try the rides since you had to wait at least 45 minutes because of the crowd! On my second visit, again, we had a hard time trying out the rides, but at around 7pm, I noticed that people stopped going the rides; probably because it was almost time for the fireworks. So here's a tip, ride or see all the attractions before 3pm and/ or after 7pm because those are the times when there aren't too many people lining up!

All in all, it is a nice place with lots of nice attractions. I especially enjoyed my latest visit here in December because when it was already night time, there was (fake) snow falling along Main Street! I guess, it is a nice idea to visit this place at different occasions because there's always something 'special'... I'd love to see it during Halloween!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

From my experience, most people who don't have a good time at Disneyland didn't do research and didn't plan their time properly.

Do some research and plan carefully to have the best time. This is true for any Disney park in the world, and especially important on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

I went on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It was certainly open and busy. Going on Christmas Eve/Day is do-able but to make sure you have a great time, you have to do some forward planning and following some strategies.

I preface this by saying it was just my husband and I, no children and we're 31 years old with prior experience in Disney Parks in America.

1. If you can possibly afford to stay in the Kingdom Club level at Disneyland Hotel, it is worthwhile as they will give you front of the line passes for one show and one ride per person for each day you are in the Park. The first time we walked past 200 waiting people to go into the theatre first was when I realised it was worth every penny.

2. Buy your tickets online or at the hotel to save time.

3. Check out the park map and ride/show descriptions on the website before you leave home and make a list of the "must-sees". You will need two full days to see it all, especially if you have kids.

4. It pays to get there at least 45 mins before the official park opening time (if you haven't bought your tickets) as Main Street will opening for shopping and bakery goods (and while we were there, they offered 15% off for all purchases bought before 10:00am, official opening time). If you are staying in either of the Disney hotels, the cashier can arrange for your purchases to be delivered to the hotel free of charge.

5. 15 mins before the official park opening time, go to the rope drop at the Hub in front of the castle, carefully choosing the direction of the land you want to visit first. I strongly recommend Toy Story Land, followed by Grizzly Gulch, then Fantasyland.

6. If it's important to you to have a proper sit down meal, make your reservation as soon as you enter the Park. To enjoy a meal in the hotel on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, you will have to book a month out at least (ASAP) and pay in full. No kidding. It's worth it.

7. Research the proper use of FastPass before you go and use whenever you can - without this you will have a miserable time, I cannot say that strongly enough. This is particularly important if you are not staying on the Kingdom Club level. If you are staying with Kingdom Club, you can still get more time specific Fastpasses using your entry ticket.

8. Do not miss any of the shows or parades or the fireworks, they are spectacular and some were even better than those at Disneyland California. I was blown away. For parades, you can show up 15 mins before for reasonable views unless you have children - you should arrive 30mins before if you want them to have good views or the potential to participate in the dance in the parade.

9. Some rides offer "Single Rider" lines which makes the wait much quicker but you won't be able to ride with your friends/family. Check the website to see which rides offer this.

Those are my tips for Disneyland on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day especially but you could probably use most of these on other busier days.

Follow as many of those tips as you can and it will help you have a great time.

For Disney Fans: I have been the California parks twice and Orlando once. I did four months of research using websites, blogs, forum posts and reviews before I went. I was prepared for the smallest park in the world with perhaps not much to do and maybe not as clean as other parks.

I was pleasantly surprised.

This was a very clean park and certainly had "the magic". The cast members were so friendly and gave out stickers to kids and Disney fans like me when they saw me collecting them.

The Castle is small but that's okay. Toy Story Land will blow you away. Grizzly Gulch is an amazing ride. Like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which halfway through the ride.... no I won't spoil it for you.

The Golden Mickeys is fantastic. Watch the right hand side of the screen for the English translation.

Make sure you see Stitch Encounter, it is a really fun show.

Flights of Fantasy had some of the best floats and catchiest music I've ever seen. Disney in the Stars Fireworks will bring you to tears. Stand close enough to see the projections on the castle but far enough to have the fireworks frame the Castle.

All the lands except Main Street will close straight after the Fireworks show and they will not let you re-enter (roped off). So I recommend you go over two days to pace yourself and do everything.

Main Street Corner Cafe is a nice escape from the crowds.

Stay at the Disneyland Hotel to complete the magic.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Every Disney fan should go, but best in Winter. Summer would be too hot. Mystic Point opens next year and looks amazing.

13  Thank AshfromBrisbane
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Happiest place in hk. Went there after holiday season, less crowded. Enjoyed the moment you stepped on the disneyland express.. All full of mickey mouse faces.

1  Thank pinktravelller