“Happiest place in hk”

Ranked #15 of 840 things to do in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: Grand Opening: September 12, 2005
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Happiest place in hk. Went there after holiday season, less crowded. Enjoyed the moment you stepped on the disneyland express.. All full of mickey mouse faces.

1  Thank pinktravelller

Reviewed January 17, 2013

going to hongkong disneyland is a breeze! because of the MTR, it is very accessible to go there esp. is you're hotel is just across the MTR. You just have to take MTR to sunnyland then transfer to their disneyland MTR/Disneyland Resort Line.

I also suggest to buy tickets online so you won't waste time on falling line for the admission tickets.

If you buy it online, there is 3 machines just beside the counter of tickets then u can just get your tickets in just a few seconds. But make sure u brought you're credit card coz the machine sort of validates the purchase online. Make sure also to be there before they open (10 AM) and on a week day so that it is not that crowded yet for you to have more fun with the rides and "meet the characters" time. There are available food all over so when u need a munch.

Make sure also before u will get inside, u have the map and schedule (available in different languages) for u not to miss the parade and meet with the stars/photo taking with disney and friends and also to organize your rides. Because there are still rides til night time, but the parade of the stars has only 2 parades on weekdays. So if you'll miss the schedules, you'll be missing that experience. =(

Aside from the rides, I strongly recommend the "Stitch encounter" So much fun! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.

2  Thank Shan_the_explorer
Reviewed January 16, 2013

On a business trip to the region I took the opportunity to see the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort. First I must say I've visited Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort more time than I can count, so this will inevitably be a bit of a comparison.

First of all this is most definitely a Disney quality experience. The park is as clean and beautiful as any other, and the attractions are excellent overall. However, this is most definitely a fraction of the size of a typical Disney theme park. I arrived at 10:30 for opening (or rope drop) and was able to see almost every attraction and show including the fireworks by the 8pm closing time. Now this was a week day so your milage will definitely vary. if you compare this to Disneyland, it took me and my family a 6 day pass before we had explored every nook and cranny of the original. With that said, the price is adjusted to match, and it is a lot of fun.

Highlights: Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars is an amazing sequel to Big Thunder Mountain. It combines aspects of Expedition Everest, and California Screaming without being as tall as either. What they did with the audio animatronics makes me very excited for the new coaster coming to Magic Kingdom. Adventureland feels like you really are in a different world. I like what they did with the Jungle Cruise (like a mashup of Rivers of America and Jungle Cruise with a bit of Universal Studios Jaws thrown in) and this is the best version of the treehouse.

Low lights: Most of the experiences are shortened versions of their cousins. This includes the fireworks which is over before you know it. Overall there are far too attractions to make this a annual pass type park.

Western Perspective: While this may look like the Disney you know, be prepared for the ways they adapted this for the region. Food, even snack foods are quite a bit different than the high-fructose corn syrup fuled foods of the American parks. Concessions include item like pressed squid, fish balls and corn on the cob. No wonder everyone here is skinny! You can still find cotton candy and popcorn but there are no Mickey pretzels or frozen Cokes in sight. I saw a bit of the line skipping that other reviewers mentioned, but honestly it doesn't bug me. I thought it especially funny when I entered a bathroom on main street to see that you can pick the toilette type suitable to you.

Language: This is a bit baffling, some things are only in English. Some are only in Cantonese, and Jungle Cruise actually has lineups for Mandarin, Cantonese and English. Some attractions are not suitable if you only speak english (for instance Stitch and Art of Animation were not offered in English during my visit). They do make most announcements in all 3 and I certainly never felt lost or out of place. Judging by the crowds they get quite a few english speakers from Australia, New Zealand, India and Korea.

Overall it was a disney experience through and through. I think Walt would have got a kick out of how his stuff plays even on this side of the world. Too bad his statue isn't in the center of the hub.

5  Thank justin_foster
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Disneyland was one of the highlights of our trip to Hong Kong! The 4 of us (including 2 teenagers) really enjoyed our day! The staff were was just so happy, friendly & helpful! Loved the parades & shows & just the general atmosphere there! Have lots of happy snaps
to remind us of this wonderful day!

1  Thank AnnieJuly
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Been here twice, with and without my kids. It's just one of those places that makes you feel like a kid again regardless of your age. Grizzly gulch is a must for coaster fans.

1  Thank Joey L