“Queue please”

Ranked #15 of 830 things to do in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: Grand Opening: September 12, 2005
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The park and the staff were nice. It was the other people visiting the attractions that spoiled a fun filled couple of days. I know it's the holiday season and there are loads of people in the park but queue and don't push in front we are all in the same boat. We had parents using their young children to push in front of queues. What the parents would to as to encourage them to keep walking to the front and then the parents would look for their children in front and then stay there. This happened to us 3 times today. One of them actually lost their child whilst doing this. The other thing ruined our day was that we were there early for the parade and we sat in the front, this lady came up with her child 5 mins into the parade and sat in front of my two children. We told her off but she chose to ignore what we were saying and continued blocking our view for the remainder of the parade. Also can people not smoke around the park this is a place for children and smoking should be banned or can we have come courtesy to not smoke around young children. Please educate patrons on some manners. Otherwise the park was fun and memorable for us and I would recommend to go again.

3  Thank Petrina Q
There are newer reviews for Hong Kong Disneyland

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I´ve heard so many unflattering reviews about HK Disney which is why i never thought of bringing the kids there and boy was I surprised! Not only were the place super clean (as were all other parts of Hong Kong), they had a section of halal food area specifically for Muslims! I was impressed! The rides were expectedly more kiddish than Universal but some thrilling ones as well to jolt you awake. My kids enjoyed it so much!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Traveling through Asia for 3 weeks with a 10-year-old -- how could we not reward her with a last-day trip to Disneyland! It's just as expected -- there's a dedicated train out there with Mickey Mouse-shaped windows, there's a beautiful fountain at the entrance, there's a castle, and there are most of the rides you expect (small world, toy story, autopia, grizzly gulch with an amazing roller coaster -- totally thrilling). The only quibble I had was that based on the service HKD was not the friendliest place on earth. More like the surliest. Maybe they need to train them better. If you are looking for character pix, they schedule them at certain locations, they don't stroll the grounds.

1  Thank me103
Reviewed January 3, 2013

There was fantastic experience when I visited HK Disney, I and my family had a happy day because there lots of amazing and beautiful shows/ride, the value is worthed for a whole day long, even if you want to watch or reride the game, and the price is include for 1 meal!! The parade in the afternoon is funny and cheer us, the fireworks in the last was very beautifull. I might to be back there again!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We took our 2 girls, 7 & 4 here in December and had a ball. They were able to go on most rides - with the exception of grizzly gulch. They loved them all except space mountain. Really clean park with lots of cafes, toilets etc all over. The flights of fantasy parade was fab and a must see - they even put on fake snow for us when they lit the massive christmas tree up, was very cool. We found the food expensive as with theme parks anywhere in the world but the souvenir shops were very reasonably prices. 1 day was enough to get around and see/do it all.