“Great vacation for families”

Hong Kong Disneyland
Ranked #15 of 847 things to do in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: Grand Opening: September 12, 2005
Reviewed January 3, 2013

There was fantastic experience when I visited HK Disney, I and my family had a happy day because there lots of amazing and beautiful shows/ride, the value is worthed for a whole day long, even if you want to watch or reride the game, and the price is include for 1 meal!! The parade in the afternoon is funny and cheer us, the fireworks in the last was very beautifull. I might to be back there again!

Write a ReviewReviews (13,579)

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We took our 2 girls, 7 & 4 here in December and had a ball. They were able to go on most rides - with the exception of grizzly gulch. They loved them all except space mountain. Really clean park with lots of cafes, toilets etc all over. The flights of fantasy parade was fab and a must see - they even put on fake snow for us when they lit the massive christmas tree up, was very cool. We found the food expensive as with theme parks anywhere in the world but the souvenir shops were very reasonably prices. 1 day was enough to get around and see/do it all.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I brought my family of 17 to HKG Disney recently. The park is beautiful...they even had fake snow on Main Street to set the mood for Christmas.
We were able to catch some shows...Golden Mikey's, Lion King, Philarmagic in 3D. Nice!
My only concern with the park is how poorly they manage the crowds. I am not racist and I have been to Disneyland and California adventure in LA and all the Disney parks in Orlando Florida so I can make a comparison. If you have been to HKG you know that people do not respect your personal space...getting bumped, pushed, shoved is common. HKG Disney is no different. However I expect Disney to properly manage the crowds specially since we bring our young children there. Announcements in Chinese should be made stating that there are enough seats inside the venues to accommodate everyone, that there are elderly people and children in the crowd that can get hurt or trampled. Ushers should be everywhere to direct the crowd to their seats....I experienced chaos during my visit... My children got hurt...so unlike Disney

2  Thank Gabriel A
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We went to HK Disneyland during the peak holiday season 27 & 28/12 and bought the 2 day pass tickets for 3 adults and 2 kids. We had a fantastic day there and it seems like the 2 day pass is not enough for the kids. Its a magical place for our 5 year old daughter and 3 year old son.

The 1st day started with, we brought our daughter to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for a princess make over. I made an earlier appointment with the boutique for it and got the earliest session. She was soooo happy about it and picked her favorite character Rapunzel. She was transformed to her favorite princess ( yup!! with the fake golden long hair) within 1 hr. Then off we go to the park with her dressed like a Rapunzel and wearing it for the whole day. She really feels like a princess the whole day and got an extra attention from the disney crew as well. The 1st day was more to Disney character hunting mission, getting a good spot for the parade and managed to play only 5 rides. Queuing for a ride for more than 20 min. for me is unreasonable for young kids... so we were a bit selective about the rides so the kids won't be disappointed at the end of the day.Went back to the hotel before the fireworks event started (to avoid the crowds and long que for the shuttle bus) and we still can watch the fireworks from the hotel.

We came back the next day to try out other rides and do some shopping (you can still buy Disney merchandise at the airport T2, the price is just the same with limited items). We used the 'fast pass' facility for our second ride at Astro Blaster (due to the long waiting lines) and we only have to wait for 5 min.

We brought some biscuits, bananas and self packed buns (twiggies/ squiggles from our hometown) since getting halal snacks in the park is obviously none. We don't have any problems taking them in during the inspection. We had our lunch at the Tahitian Terrace in Adventureland, the only Halal certified restaurant in Disney. They served a few choices of rice with fish/ chicken/ vege, singapore laksa (the kids love it), biryani with chicken and they also have vegetarian food as well. We tried most of the menu, and it does satisfy our hungry needs and the taste is good too.

What we can say about Disneyland HK is the kids enjoyed their visit and we all had fantabulous experienced.

1  Thank no_ot78
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My sister and I went here the day after xmas. We had a lovely time, the park was still decorated in xmas decorations. The park can be enjoyed in one day. By the end of the day we had seen almost all the shows and played all the games we wanted, but nonetheless we would of liked more time so that we can go on some rides again. We missed the parade, but we enjoyed the fireworks show at the end of the night. I think the lack of time was our fault as we wasted our time in the shops on main street USA other than that we had a lovely time and would go again as soon as possible.

1  Thank youngSaudiTraveller