“FUN!!!”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“FUN!!!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Its fun when you are in Disneyland anywhere in the world. But the queu on the weekend is madness, for rides, for food, for drinks, for the washroom...etc.Staff there is not as helpful probably cos the park is so pack.

Visited July 2012

Doha, Qatar
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic for familys”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Enjoyed my trip to disneyland hongkong , fun and exiting , well organized , has lots of shops and rides

Visited October 2012
1 Thank mimi c
Makati, Philippines
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“If I Had Kids, I'd Come Back.”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Visited during the Halloween season, so HK Disneyland had a Vampires vs Werewolves thing going on.

Overall: Didn't meet my expectations, but I still had a good time because the place was still magical (not to mention spacious, clean, and well-designed). If I ever have kids, I'll make sure that I'll bring them to HK Disneyland.

Pros:
- Plus points to HK Disneyland for the Halloween props/décor—amazing and really spooky once night comes.
- I loved Fantasyland. Growing up watching Disney princesses and Alice in Wonderland, this is my favorite section of the park. I just wish that their mascots were there at that time, though. Oh well—next time.
- Enjoyed the River Cruise because our guide was so entertaining! We had no rude people on the boat, too.
- Flights of Fantasy parade was cool. The dancers were doing bungee ballet, the floats were wonderfully and ingeniously made.
- We ate at the restaurant “by Maxim’s” I forgot the name, but it’s the Chinese restaurant themed after Mulan. Expensive food, but delicious!
- THE FIREWORK DISPLAY was the most magically romantic thing I have seen in a long time. Sat next to my boyfriend, it was like being in a magic carpet ride. Weee….
- Nothing “unsightly” here. Even the section under construction had very nice barriers that looked like ballroom walls.

Cons:
- The Graves Academy (this is their version of the haunted house walk-through) monsters/ghosts were scaring us—IN CHINESE. How in the world were we supposed to understand that?
- The language barrier: I speak English. Aside from my native Tagalog, English is the only other language I can express myself in fluently. I expected to understand the “Cast Members” here, since this was of course a franchise from an American company. Alas, I had to resort to sign language again.
- Balloons are too darn expensive. 100HKD for one balloon?!
- Rides are too tame. If you have a kid, or if you are a kid—congratulations. But the rides here were either too tame for me, or I didn’t want to ride them alone. So I only enjoyed around 5 rides.
- Didn’t get to meet Alice.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank HAnnah Lesley T
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Expectations Not Quite Met...”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Had quite high expectations before I visited Disneyland Hong Kong (have never been to any of the others before). Was a little disappointed though with the overall experience after the visit.
The train ride from the city took about almost an hour plus to get to Disneyland. From the city, you take the normal train lines till you get to the Disneyland Resort line. Dedicated Disney trains (which are fully decorated with Disney characters/figurine) takes you into Disneyland. The train ride did do quite a bit to prep you for the experience, which was nice! You could feel the excitement growing while even during the Disney train ride. You may need about 1-2 days if you want to get to experience all the rides and shows (factoring in the time taken to have to queue as well).
When we arrived, I noticed that the entire place was quite small. They did have some good rides but limited. The queue was very long just to get on one ride (I believe this is a norm with the other Disneylands in the other countries).
Got to see some street parades but the parades were quite short in terms of lenght of the time of the parade itself. And what disappointed me was the feel of the entire place. I thought when I walked around the 'streets' in Disneyland, there would be a sense of festivity and energy and fun. But there was the lack of that feel. I think because, hardly any of the Disney characters were walking the 'streets' to meet and greet visitors! You only get to meet the main Disney character during dedicated photo-taking sessions, which are located in a somewhat isolated place.
Enjoyed some of the shows especially the 4D effect show.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Michelle C
Medan, Indonesia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Stay until 9 pm just to see the firework.. It was awesome!!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

It was a good place for a family who wants to have a vacation. It was really good to be there. There were a lot of games and some attractions we could see there. It was very crowded when i went there. I had to queue up for hours for a ride. One of the most attractive attraction was firework. It came from the castle. Although I was very tired on that day, but I felt happy because I could see the firework and it was worthy.. Yeah... Awesome

Visited July 2012