“Didn't like being constantly asked did I want to buy”
Review of Jade Market

and up
Local Markets Hopping Tour in Hong Kong
Ranked #276 of 845 things to do in Hong Kong
Reviewed December 8, 2014

Wasn't really for me, enjoyed the fish market across the road was so much more fund. jade worth seeming once but wasn't for us, we enjoyed walking around the streets more and saw more than in the jade market

1  Thank Linda P
in 5 reviews
"hk"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed December 1, 2014

This is an overall review! I wanted to review Sandy's Pearls, but TripAdvisor would not allow me to add her. She is located in the Jade Market Stall 413-414. The Pearls I purchased were great! I went to here based on information from another review on Tripadvisor and made contact with Sandy. She sent me pictures before arriving and it was a great experience.

Other people in the market can be pushy. I went with a purpose to buy pearls from one person and go. I did do that. It was amazing to see other foreigners passing stalls to come see Sandy as well.

7  Thank asirmans2000
Reviewed November 23, 2014 via mobile

While in HK with a friend we decided to find the jade market to look for something for our daughter's. The stall owners were on full alert and would not give us a moment to look. They were instantly on us and would not take no for an answer. I like markets but this too much.

2  Thank JoeH9308
Reviewed November 20, 2014

Maybe my expectations were too high, but I found this place tacky and full of things I didn't even really want to take time to sift through. I would certainly not even consider trying to buy a quality piece of jewelry here.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 17, 2014 via mobile

Spent ages looking around the jade market for the best stall to buy pearls! Irene, owner of stall 278, is an absolute treasure and a delight to deal with. She has an excellent supply of pearls ranging in price from low cost Chinese freshwater to top quality Japanese cultured pearls at very reasonable prices. She is extremely honest- many long term Hong Kong residents go to her. Her prices are low so don't expect to be able to bargain hard. She may offer a small discount if you buy enough. She will also make to order if you want your own design and has excellent suggestions. She has been mentioned in the New York Times so now many other stall holders call themselves Irene! But just look for stall 278 and she will be there.

8  Thank Sue T