“Great outdoor visiting”

Tian Tan Buddha (Big Buddha)
Book In Advance
$17.06*
Ngong Ping 360 Cable Car Ticket on Lantau Island
$133.22*
and up
Lantau Island And Giant Buddha Cable Car Group Tour With Hotel Pickup in Hong...
$133.22*
and up
Coach Day Tour - Lantau Island Visiting and Giant Buddha Cable Car Tour Plus...
Ranked #5 of 830 things to do in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Took MTR to Tung Chung and change to public bus number 23 to big buddha. The bus waiting time is 20 to 30 mins.
Great scenery for photo taking and a sort of village town for tourist shopping. Tried the so so soya bean curd. The black sesame is much better.

There are newer reviews for Tian Tan Buddha (Big Buddha)

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Got here hiking from behind the Buddha. Amazing experience. Nature, in the rainy season there might be waterfalls and I got the surprise of snake got through my way.. scary but fun. On top the Buddha, the temple and the civilization.. great experience

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Big Buddha is an amazing place to go visit on a clear morning! The key here is GO EARLY. We arrived right when the village opened...10am I believe...and we literally had the entire place to ourselves. All our pictures are perfect, with no crowds! We were able to enjoy the amazing views with no loud noise either. I would highly suggest going to see Big Buddha, and doing it in the morning.

Also, it is totally worth it to take the cable cars back down the mountain. We took a taxi up, which is much quicker than a bus, but figured we would take a cable car down. It was incredible! The views were stunning and it was an awesome way to see Lantau island. Its worth the cost. We didn't do the clear bottom car and had just as good of time.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Amazing view from the cable cars on the way to Buddha, and the guy himself: huge and beautiful. Not very special food and drinks over there though.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Suggestions for visiting (via cable car) the Big Buddha:

- If you are in Hong Kong for several days, check the weather forecast before buying tickets online.

- 24 hours in advance, buy tickets online.

- If you cannot buy tickets with your laptop, tablet or smartphone, ask your hotel’s reception staff or concierge for assistance with purchasing tickets.

- Book the crystal cabin cable car.

- Go on a weekday.

My husband and I visited the Big Buddha on a Friday in November. We purchased crystal cabin tickets for 11:15am and printed the confirmation at our hotel. We arrived at the cable car terminal at 10:30am and saw a long queue of people. Not knowing where we should go, we showed our confirmation to an employee. He pointed us in the right direction. We walked past everyone waiting to buy tickets. It must have taken those people two hours to reach the ticket booths. By 11:10am, we were in a crystal cabin cable car and on our way to the Big Buddha.

I thought it was worth the extra money to ride the crystal cabin cable car. It was fun looking through the glass floor, seeing everything below. (The day I went, the wait for the crystal cabin was shorter than the regular cable car.) I loved the cable car ride. And it was so exciting to see my first glimpse of the Big Buddha from the sky!

For me, the Big Buddha is a must-see in Hong Kong.