“Crazy busy”

Ranked #24 of 840 things to do in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This major tourist hub is complete with many shops and landmark, such as the Tsim Sha Tsui Clock Tower. Some call this area Hong Kong's equivalent to the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Super busy and very touristy. I mean, the shops are the same you would find in Montreal, New York, Paris, etc. nothing new. And there were those annoying people trying to get you to buy watches and electronics (all fake I presume). I would say its worth checking out if you enjoy large crowds and shopping. But the real experience, in my mind, was more towards the Hong Kong museum of art and the pier and then Hong Kong island.

Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

I love TST. I always stay here, i shop here snd i eat here. It has everything to offer, from tailors to food to shopping to the Symphony of Lights to the Star Ferry.

I still venture to other areas, but i just love TST. And it is so central to everything.

1  Thank raura
Reviewed December 3, 2012

If you are a tourist and want to see tourist shops, go here. We stayed here, and it was fun staying in the middle of the action. I've honestly never seen so many malls, with high end shops. There must be 3 cartier's within a 2 block radius of each other. Take the star ferry over from HK island and start exploring. Food, drinks, shops, tailors, etc. its here!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Probably the most popular tourist area. Star Ferry and MTR stations close by, so getting here is easy.
Lots of places to shop and eat. I prefer to get off Nathan Road and wander around the side streets. Lots of shops and restaurants here. Some good souvenir shops.
And the place never dies. No matter what time of night it is, there is always plenty of activity on the streets.
I was happy to see that the hawkers (copy watch, copy bag etc) are not hassling you as you walk the streets as much. They are still there, but not so much "in your face".
There are now a lot of up-market shops. I still like to wander the streets here, but now do most of my shopping in Mongkok, as I feel you get much better bargains there.
Look out for "Outback Steakhouse", its a fabulous restaurant.

1  Thank danutaperth
Reviewed November 5, 2012

this place is alive 24 hours and you aint have to worry about finding food and drinks during the night.