“Never again”

Comfort Lodge Hong Kong
Ranked #286 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed August 27, 2011

When we arrived in hongkong in comfort lodge we was disappointed the room very small like 4meter by 3.5 meters with bathroom inside.i can stay in a small room but not with 92USD we expecting that room is comfortable but not. Even the taxi driver brought us in Prudential hotel maybe bacause no space for parking so we walked looking for this hostel by the address Also no name outside.I will never stay again in this hostel

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank James464

Reviewed August 19, 2011

overnight stay
wifi, so fast
back of prudential hotel
walking distance everywhere in TST, close to almost everything in Nathan
very clean
working hot water
clean sheets, clean bed, thick towels are provided
good acu
all helpers are Filipina, they speak good english and they keep the rooms and theplace very clean

(-)
booked the room, almost a month in advance, and yet when we arrived, no room is available, we were offered the dorm (3 double beds) instead, we took it as we only plan to stay overnight, no other guests will occupy the room and had no time to argue as we need to go to different places after check in; gave us the room for free though. But good thing it wasn't our 1st time to visit HkK and only staying for a night as I don't think its a good thing to hear that "another guest decided to stay for 1 more night so we cannot accomodate you even if you booked weeks in advance" esp if it's the day after your birthday
toiletries are incomplete
we paid almost HK $650. You can get a room in Novotel Nathan for the same amount if i did not miss their bi annual 50% off room sale

Room Tip: get 2 single beds if you are staying for a night so you have space in the middle
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2011

This hotel has an excellent location, a few steps from subway, restaurants and shopping stores. The room was clean and renovated. This hotel is a little hard to find because it is located inside a residence building, so make sure you write down the address. The room was very small and there was little space for the lugagge. The internet connection was really good, very fast.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CaroFerre
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I went to HK with my college bestfriend last 16-18 July 2011. I was assigned to book our accomodations for this travel. I came across this guesthouse via agoda.com so I decided to give it a try since it was kinda cheap. Comfort Lodge islocated at Nathan Road near Jordan MTR station, actually a block away from it. Hotel's location was good since it is very near downtown and a ride away from the busy TST district.

The pros of this hotel: well, one thing is that it has Filipina staff who is very nice to us. We were shown several rooms for us to see if we would be comfortable on it. Good thing about our choice is that we were given the room just across their reception so we can ask for any assistance any time we want. The room was small, which is really expected in HK. Good thing with the bathroom is that it has a division between the shower area and toilet so we were kinda relieved that the shower is not just above the toilet thing!

The cons: Well, the reception is not organized. We arrived earlier than 12nn but we were not entertained by the officer in charge at that time right away. We were made to wait for kinda an hour, which gravely matter to our tour's sked! Aside from the fact that I was made to shown the credit card used for the booking when it was already prepaid before our arrival. Since I was not the one who paid for it, that delayed the tunover of the room. They just told us that it was SOP, all I need to show is a credit card so we can be accomodated right away. So I just gave them my credit card nevertheless.

The thing about our room is that there were no towels!!! It was a major turn off! Good thing, my friend and I brought our own towels and we known that certain hotels are notorious about cleanliness and hygiene. True enough because we inspected the bed sheet and thought that it was not changed! I dont know if we were just imagining things about cleaniliness hence we sanitized the place with lysol (which my instincts tell me to bring one in the event that hygiene would be out of control).

Our problem was that the heater is old and we couldn't seem to temper its selector. It was supposed to be hot and cold but it doesn't really worked! We ended up getting cold showers at night when we are dead tired from our tour.

All in all, this guesthouse is just an average room for rent. You get what you paid for. Try somewhere else near TST.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank ljcute
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Actually, this hotel is converted from apartment. But every thing is okay (room is tidy, clean with all facility for single, wifi in room). It locates very near Jordan MRT Station on Nathan Road; The staff are friendly. Cons: some noise from air-conditioner, hard to find reception; But never mind if you have the address, go through the gateway, turn left up the stairway opposite the security box, the first door on the left is 'reception'.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2010

Traveled with my mum for a short shopping trip. The lodge might be a bit hard to find if you're there for the first time as there is no hotel sign facing the street. The location is about two minutes from Jordan MTR station, and there are food outlets and a convenience store nearby. The room was small but we weren't spending much time in the room - other than for basics like sleeping and showering - so it was sufficient for our needs while allowing us to save money on accommodation. The housekeeping staff are friendly and speak English.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank PsychedelicSocks
Reviewed November 11, 2010

This guesthouse is central to all the amenities of Nathan Street, within walking distance of the Temple Street night market and the Ladies' street market, and easy underground rail trips from the Flower, Bird and Goldfish markets, and yet is quiet and peaceful. I couldn't have asked for better.

Of all the guesthouses I emailed, this is the one who replied promptly, gave clear directions as to how to get to them, and were able to take payment on line so that I felt I truly had a confirmed booking. There is someone on reception 24 hours a day, all staff were polite, friendly and very helpful.

The single en suite room was, as advertised, very small, but neat, very clean, newly decorated, had an openable window, A/C, fridge, TV, kettle, and everything I needed.

Only (slight) hiccups were an small additional charge on arrival due to "incorrect exchange rate on website" (an extra HKD45 on top of a prepaid HKD650 charge), and in-room internet acess only if you bought a phone-to-laptop cable (for HKD20). Both of these were clearly explained and I did not feel they were a rip off.

I'm heading back through Hong Kong in a couple of weeks, and I'll be using Comfort Lodge again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo