“Great rooms, great location, great service”

J Plus Hotel by YOO
Ranked #60 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
Brisbane, Australia
“Great rooms, great location, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

We recently stayed at the J Plus for 9 nights.

We stayed in a one bedroom suite.

Travelling with two infant children, we wanted a hotel with a separate living area which was close to all the action. Given HK properties, we were expecting a shoebox but were blown away by the size of the room and all of the facilities it included. It was easily big enough to give our kids a great place to play in between adventures.

The service at the hotel was first rate. Kay In particular was a great host.

The hotel comes with a continental brekkie each morning, includes free water, tea, coffee and soft drinks throughout the day, as well as a wine buffet at night and afternoon tea. Again, these were well above expectations.

The location in Causeway was perfect. 3 minutes walk to MTR, 4 minutes walk to Victoria park (great playground and surprisingly quiet) plus a major supermarket (24 hours, called welcome) just around the corner.

The dumpling restaurant across the road is Michelin star rated and reasonably priced. The pork buns are to die for.

We were stoked to stay here rather than a hotel, and couldn't recommend it highly enough.

A good tip for taxi rides is to ask the cabbie to take you to the regal hotel, which is just across the road and which is a well known hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor is better
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Adams10665
eunice c, Marketing Manager at J Plus Hotel by YOO, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Many thanks to Adams10665 for such a detailed review of J Plus.
I was truly glad that you and your family enjoyed staying with us and glad to learn that our staffs were attentive and accommodating during your stay. Your satisfaction meant a lot to us , it gives us motivation to strive for better service everyday!
Again, thank you for such a lovely review. We look forward to seeing you again soon @ J Plus.

Warmest Regards,
Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Awesome hotel in a great location. Not your standard big franchise type hotel. Small boutique hotel with a personal feel. Very clean and appropriate size rooms. Staff is extremely pleasant and helpful. I think the staff makes this hotel very special , they had the personal touch and connect on a personal level. Location, in heart of causeway bay less than 5 min walk from MRT station, very convenient.. Free daily breakfast is good and sufficient. Overall, highly recommend it and would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PoPoDb
Dear PoPoDb,

Thank you for choosing J Plus and taking your time to share such a positive review.
I was extremely pleased to learn that you appreciated the attentiveness of our staffs . Our philosophy is “home away from home” and I do hope that the attentiveness of our staffs made you feel like “home” at J Plus. Please rest assured our guest relation team would be recognized with their extraordinary service.
J Plus and our whole team are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Best Wishes,
St. Gallen, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

7 nights.
Very Relaxed.
Didn't even get bored of the breakfast what usually happens.
Very friendly and helpfull staff.
Anytime again.
Rooms are perfect for single travelers, for couples maybe the Suite is better.
The mood in the Lobby is very relaxing. it feels like a small quiet oasis in the middle of bustling causway bay.
Thanks again J PLus
Reto

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much Reto1973 for choosing J Plus and sharing your experience with us via TripAdvisor.
I was glad to learn that you had a relaxed stay @ J Plus. I was also extremely thrilled to learn that our staffs were friendly and accommodating , guests’ satisfactory meant everything to us and we will strive to do even better to provide all our beloved guests the best J Plus experience.
We look forward to seeing you again soon !

Warmest Regards,
Brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

A discreet, maybe too low key hotel. Hard to ID in the dark from a cab.
Room quality and public areas are very high quality . well designed for sure.
Excellent location for both the mad shopping neon world that is CB and the MRT if you need to getaway. I got upgraded too which was very kind.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
eunice c, Marketing Manager at J Plus Hotel by YOO, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you EOCBrighton for sharing a review of J Plus. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Warmest regards,
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I was unable to book in more than 2 persons in my room at the time I made my online booking so I didn't think more of it, figuring that it would be no problem to add on my 2 young kids at time of check-in......the room seemed big enough to accomodate the kids anyway. When I checked in, I was told that I had to pay an additional 45% more than the price of the room just to include them due to Hongkong Fire Regulations. The alternative was to pay for an upgrade to a suite at 50-60% on top of my original rate. So it made more sense for me to opt for the suite. I note in previous traveller reviews that quite a few people got free room upgrades but alas this was not extended to me despite my request. In any case, the staff were very polite and were no doubt exercising their allowable discretion to handle the booking. Their point to me was "You should have called us to check." Point taken, so I would like to caution those with families to make proper checks in their hotel selections as they could end up paying much more than originally budgetted. Some basic points about the hotel: the overall vibe was an understated hipness.....accordingly, hotel signage is subtle.....we couldn't find it at first. Location was good, a 5 minute walk across to Causeway Bay. The well-decorated suite was a good size with a well-appointed kitchenette. Air-conditioning was rather noisy but not terrible. The bathroom was a bit small with a funny little (and rather dangerous) square step to get into the bath. I know it was to accomodate the size of the bathroom and the need for a step into the bath but I was always worried that someone would trip and hurt themselves badly - No one wants to be found hurt and in the nude in the bathroom while on holiday LOL!! I would suggest either smoothening down the sharp edges or painting on anti-slip on the step and in the bath. The shower door also did not close well so the water flowed out onto the bathroom floor, making the whole area even wetter (and more slippery). Other than that, an overall acceptable stay.

Room Tip: Just make sure you pick the right rate. We were on the 15th floor so while we could hear street nois...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank peonypoppy
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed at the J Plus for one night while on a business trip. My review may be altered by the fact I was upgraded from a Studio to a Suite. The Suite was like a one bedroom apartment, with a separate kitchen, dining table area, a living room and a small reading area in the bay window - very impressive, given Hong Kong's reputation for many hotel rooms to be the size of a shoe box!

The location is right in the heart of the shopping district and very close to the MTR.

I found the staff very helpful at both check-in and helping me to get a taxi the next morning.

The only slightly odd thing was the breakfast, which is a continental buffet but in their main lobby and you have to either eat off your lap, or share one large table which can hold about 10 people maximum.

Overall I was very impressed and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: The Suites are an impressive size!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
eunice c, Marketing Manager at J Plus Hotel by YOO, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Hello mhalliday,

Thank you very much for your positive review of J Plus . Glad to know that you enjoyed our suite and our services. Your satisfaction meant everything and it's encouraging to know your had a pleasant experience @ J Plus!

We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Best Regards,
Derby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed for one night for business. Fabulous little hotel in Causeway Bay. Small lobby but you can help yourself to tea, coffee etc 24 hrs and complimentary breakfast is also available. My group was upgraded to an enormous suite with a little kitchen area and separate bedroom. Quiet despite location. Make sure you eat in the place opposite - excellent dumplings. Shopping close by along streets that at midnight were brighter than daylight. Old tram goes close too. Taxi driver struggled to find it and hotel sign isn't obvious so make sure you google streetview before you go!

Room Tip: Try to wangle a free upgrade!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
eunice c, Marketing Manager at J Plus Hotel by YOO, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Hello DebandJonathan ,

Many thanks for sharing such a positive review of J Plus. I was truly glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back and stay with us again soon. J Plus and whole team are looking forward to seeing you again.

Best Wishes,